“Almost great”

Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Reviewed July 31, 2012

A great value except when we getting ready for bed we found many hairs on the comforter and a few more hairs on the sheets. Called housekeeping but no one was available to change the sheets. We then asked if we could change the sheets ourself and did. Really like everything about this hotel but won't take another chance since I noticed we were not the first guest to suffer the hair problem after looking at other reviews. They are pet friendly but pet hair in my bed is still unacceptable to me.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jerry B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear Jerry B,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I am very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room you received. Your comments will be forwarded to our Housekeeping department to be addressed accordingly. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Rooms were large and very quiet. Beds were so comfortable I would love to have one of those mattresses at home.

The breakfast was very good. Including the coffee. I see that they were offering during the summer months a daily evening dinners on the patio. I was unable to take advantage of this as our stay was over the weekend. I could see where that would come in handy. It might be worth asking about if you are planning a stay during the weekdays.

It's a bit more expensive than what I would normally pay but I would recommend staying there. If I am in the area again I would like to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My company booked us here for a week of training. I was very surprised at how comfortable this hotel was. It really seemed to take the edge off of business travel.
The room was very large and clean. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me. There was also a large selection of very nice pillows. Some people may miss the bathtub, I did not. There was a nice, large showerhead and plenty of hot water. The icemaker in the fridge was also a nice feature. Be sure to flip on the machine day one, it takes 24 hours to fill up. The breakfast bar had plenty of fresh fruit and other healthy choices. I also like the happy hour during the middle of the week.
The people at the desk, Wendy and Jason, and others were very helpful. They were always nice, not like I was being a pain with a request. The pool area was nice, but there were so many children it was hard to enjoy in the evenings. I didn't ask if there was an adult only time though. The hot tub was large and clean. The rooms are large and quiet, would recommend this hotel for whatever your needs are.

Room Tip: Second floor, courtyard view very nice. Close to elevator did not here door slam from stairwell.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've stayed here several times while visiting Wisconsin. I have to say that this is one of the best hotels that I've stayed in. While in the area, I've also stayed at the Olympia and the Holiday Inn and Suites in Delafield, and this is by far is the nicest hotel in the area.. The rooms are very clean and home like. The staff are pleasant. The breakfast is great. The location is great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

So, if you stay west of Milwaukee and want to be in the Lake Country area, this Staybridbge is a good solution. Don't think that it is only for long stays, we've started to use it for normal business trips to the area (2-3 days). You'll see a mix of people here (families, relocated workers, professionals (the hospital is literaly across the street).

If you've stayed at this sort of hotel before, you would be expecting the sort of minimal service approach. And while this is true regarding their 'light-touch' approach to house keeping (which seems fine to me), I think you will find their service much better than a typical extend stay sort of place. Their staff is really great, they seem to always have a lot of things going on for guests and I think they have THE BEST COFFEE of anyplace I've stayed (I am a coffee snob).

I recommend this hotel highly on the value scale, but it should have most of what anyone needs for a stay from 2 days to 2 months or longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Three years in a row with a basebaseball team at this particular Staybridge and it's still like new! The rooms are very fresh and clean, the kids love the pool and we enjoy the outside patio area to grill. Breakfast in the morning so conveinent to feed our boys before rushing off to an early morning game.The staff is very friendly, welcoming and certainly very patient with our 13U baseball team. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Breakfast was wonderful, kids loved the pool and the theater room, beds were comfortable, staff was friendly, room was clean, location is convenient....pretty much a great weekend awy!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mama2Boys0105
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
#1 of 4 in Delafield
Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek
Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek
#1 of 2 in Johnson Creek

Been to Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc? Share your experiences!