“Had a Great Time!!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Had a Great Time!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Excellant location & very good hotel with spa , restaurant & bars. The hotel is under remodeling, which is the only downfall. But this place is located privately from anything, and has everything you need not to have to leave on your stay. The manager, Sara, was very helpful & very nice to make our stay a time to remember!! Some of the spa facilites are not working, but they are updating & making improvements. But I still love this place!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony or patio facing the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hi Karyn,
Thank you for taking the time to share such a meaningful review! It was such a pleasure to meet you! I am happy to hear that my team and I were able to create a thoughtful and pleasant stay for you and your party. Yes- we are undergoing some remodeling at this time, but it will turn out beautifully once complete! We certainly hope to see you again in the near future for another fantastic getaway! Please feel free to contact me through the hotel at any time if you would like to discuss past or future stays further.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We attended a Woodland Conference over the weekend. I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the very critical reviews. The resort seemed pretty busy with at least 3 conferences going on, but we had a fine experience. The resort is very clean, much to my relief. All the common spaces and our room were clean (a bit dated or worn in places, but very clean). Our bed was exceptionally comfortable, actually one of the better hotel beds I've ever slept in, including many luxury high-end resorts. We enjoyed nice hot showers in a very clean bath. While the food was not super fancy, it was well-prepared and fresh. Staff were friendly and attentive. I would be happy to stay here again. Although it's not a high-end destination resort, I don't expect anyplace in Oconomowoc to fit that description. We had a comfortable, pleasant stay and felt it was a decent value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for sharing the positive feedback! It is always a pleasure to hear that our accommodations and services are to the liking of our guest's. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the beds, food, and overall value of the Resort. It is certainly our main priority to exceed our guest's expectations at all times. We hope that you find another opportunity to come back and visit us soon! Please feel free to contact me through the hotel if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Juneau, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Three female family members stayed at the Olympia over the Christmas holiday and we enjoyed our stay! One of us travels a lot and stays in many hotels during the year. Our room was large, very clean and comfortable. The beds were updated with great bedding and provided great sleeping comfort. The bathroom had a long vanity which was great for 3 women, plenty of towels. One of us used the swimming pool daily which had a warm water temperature not always found in hotel pools. Front staff and Housekeeping staff were always friendly and helpful. We plan to return for another stay and enjoy the spa the next time!

Mary J.

Room Tip: Great central location in Oconomowoc with easy access to I-94. The hotel has some night life activi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
What a thoughtful review! Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your lovely experience at the Olympia. We certainly take pride in making the enjoyable getaways our guest's deserve. I am happy to hear that you found the pool, rooms, and staff to be to your liking. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guest's will be returning for another stay with us! Please feel free to contact me through the hotel to discuss past or future stays further.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here for one long night to attend a conference. I saw the photos on the hotel's website and was expecting a nice place, which was not the case. The lobby is very large and nice, but beyond that, the place is terribly outdated and in dire need of routine maintenance. It is a very long walk to the hotel elevators, and once we got to the hallway, it was dark, smelly and both the walls and carpet were dirty. Our room was straight from the 80's, from the dirty bathroom to the tube television. Our screen door wouldn't lock and had a flimsy aluminum rod as a security bar. The carpet was filthy, the walls were dirty and the ceiling had water stains all over it. The bed looked like it was missing part of the linens as they had only a thin sheet and a sheet comforter that need a cover of some sort. I would have been cold at night but the room was really hot when I arrivedm so no need. The furniture was outdated as well. The shower floor was gross, I never wanted a pair of flip flops so badly, it was dirty and had a sand paper texture to it, which I'm sure helped trap dirt. The room is very dark too, there are a few lamps but they are very dim and the bathroom lighting wasn't bright enough for me to apply my makeup accurately. The room was noisy too, those walls were paper thin, and it seemed they were doing repairs with a hammer in the next room at 8am. The next morning I woke up to find chips of door paint from my door on the hallway floor...? The conference rooms are just as bad. They're very outdated and the food they served was stale or dried out. There's also no coffee stand or shop to purchase snacks. They had a gift shop but it wasn't open. I agree with the majority of reviews that this place could be great, it has so much potential, but it's outdated and not the maintained kind of outdated, just dirty and rundown. I'd be embarrassed if I held a wedding or conference here and referred my guests to their hotel. Go somewhere, anywhere, else.

1 Thank mschuh03
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Olympia Resort. It is through feedback of our valued guests that we are best able to enhance our overall guest experiences. I do want to sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory challenges that you have mentioned. It is certainly our main priority to exceed our guest's expectations, and it is unfortunate that we missed the mark during your most recent stay. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate managers to be corrected at once. Please feel free to contact me through the hotel at any time if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Oconomowoc hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here two nights in January for a large dance competition. Next year if the event is at this hotel I'll definitely consider staying somewhere nearby instead. We stayed in the Executive Suite on the 4th floor. The hallway reeked so much of cigarette smoke that I didn't want to inhale all the way to my room. It also needed a good vacuuming. I was glad to have a fridge and microwave. However, the furniture looked like it had been moved in when the hotel opened and never upgraded. It was beat up and dated. Two problems: First, I specifically checked upon booking that the couch was a pull out. I also asked about that when I checked in. I was assured it was a pull out couch. Well, it wasn't. I was instead given a roll away bed that was uncomfortable and about 5 feet long. Second, the water in the shower the first night was warm-ish. Definitely not hot. The second night the water was even colder. I called the front desk and was told that when the hotel is at capacity, the hot water heater wasn't able to keep up to demand. I complained that I had paid extra for a suite with a hot tub and not only could I not shower but I couldn't use the hot tub. I was credited $50 for the inconvenience. I would rather have had a hot shower.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Olympia Resort. It is through feedback of our valued guests that we are best able to enhance our overall guest experiences. As we are a non-smoking facility, I do sincerely apologize that your hallway smelled of cigarettes. It is certainly our priority to exceed our guest's expectations, and it is unfortunate that we missed the mark during your most recent stay. Please feel free to contact me at any time if you wish to discuss your stay further.

Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We checked in on Friday and was able to get immediately checked in. They arranged it so our friends were right across the hotel from us. There was a lot of people checking in so they got more racks for our luggage. It would have been nice to have a door man to help with luggage, but oh well. I thought the entry was was beautiful. Our room had comfy beds, average hotel tv, balcony door that didn't open, a GREAT tv, ok bathroom-paint job was interesting. The paint job was very sloppy. Beds are comfy the fridge was the best I've seen at all the hotels I've been at. The restaurant on site had great food. The waitstaff was very nice..but getting the food was very slow..the kitchen took forever. Supper friday night was slow. Saturday morning we ordered room service and they were bombarded with room service orders. It took over an hour and still no food. When I told them we had to leave they said we could eat in the restaurant and took a percent off our bill without me complaining. They tried so hard to make it right and I really appreciated it. The next morning room service took only 15 minutes. Wow! They said the learned from the day before. The hotel was sold out and they planned for a large number in the restaurant and instead got flooded with room service orders. The next day they made the adjustment and it was great! We went back for lunch and supper and both were very slow. The waitstaff was wonderful. So friendly! They were great to our girls too. All of our food was very good..the shrimp pasta, pizza, cesear salads..etc.. I LOVE their kid friendly menu..everything from pbj to mac n chees to noodles. I had a great pedicure with my daughter. They are remodeling that area. I hope they are fixing the chips in the bathroom door and the spa hot tub..it looked a little rough. Pedicure area was fine..we had a good time. Check out was a little crazy with so many people checking out at once. If the hotel was sold out, it would be nice if they had more luggage carts. They did have 2 gentleman helping us get our luggage into the car which was AWESOME! Very friendly guys..they are an asset. Yes, it needs updating..yes they are working on it it looks like..they have great people and try to make your stay a good one. All staff was awesome and did their best and tried to make it a great time for us. We would stay there again. I'd like to see in the summer time. The inside pool was nice. The kids had a great time swimming..for over 3 1/2 hours! The rooms were back farther away from the conference center. That did not bother me ..I thought it was nice that we were away from the noise of the events. The walls seem a little thin as I did hear a lot of doors closing. The price I thought was reasonable for what we got. If we were paying a lot more than I might have been more critical of the updates that are needed.

Room Tip: Stay on the main floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Wow! What a thoughtful review. Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay! It is always a pleasure to be able to meet the requests of guests, and I'm happy to hear that you were satisfied with the services our staff was able to provide you with. I have forwarded your comments to the associated staff and managers for review. We certainly hope you are able to make a return trip to Olympia in the future!

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Let's be honest, the resort is on its last legs. We booked a stay for 2 nights, mainly because they allow dogs. I did not review the resort on trip advisor first, my mistake. My first clue was the car service driver who dropped us off did not have nice things to say about the place. It is too rundown. I went inside and it looks nice, no complaints. We checked into a "suite" (not really, just 2 rooms with a connecting door and a non working fireplace), and proceeded for a 10 minute walk to our room. Reviewers are not kidding when you see how far away the rooms are. The rooms are in pretty bad shape and the room service is, well, disgusting. We immediately began looking for another place to stay as we could not stay 2 nights there (found a really nice hotel in Delafield). After notifying the from desk that we would be leaving, they said they could not refund our 2nd night. But the next day, they did call and refunded our money, so that was nice. The staff knows the resort is in terrible shape but the owner I guess does not want to spend any money. They did say that changes were coming in a year or so, so I imaging it will be changing owners. They hear these same complaints over and over but there is nothing they can do. Bad rooms, bad food, great staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Bosty
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Olympia Resort. We always welcome and encourage feed back from our valued guests, as it is the best way to enhance our overall guest experiences. I do sincerely apologize for the fact that the fireplace was not working in your suite, and that you were not satisfied with the accommodations. It is certainly our goal to exceed guest's expectations, and it is unfortunate that we missed the mark during your most recent stay. Please feel free to contact me at any time if you wish do discuss your stay further.

Sara L.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#1 of 4 in Delafield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
Holiday Inn Express Delafield

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!