“Disappointed”

Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Long wait to check in, not very friendly staff, poor service in the restaurant, poor air conditioning - very warm, room never was cleaned because they were too busy - gave us fresh towels instead, - lobby and hallways warm.......not a bad price of $99 a night but in our group they had the reservations all goofed up. I would not go back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Annie S
Sara L, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Annie S,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would first like to sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory challenges which you were faced with while staying as our guest. I can assure you that in no way to we condone a less than perfect guest experience, and I do apologize for having missed the mark this time. I have directed your comments to the correct personnel to ensure that there are no similar challenges in the future. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me, as it is through feedback of our valued guests that we are best able to continuously improve our Resort. Thank you again for your time.

Guest Services & Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
South Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Based on the VERY RECENT reviews, was anticipating the absolute worst., Obviously, their opinions were real to them as was ours to us. We had two rooms and one become to loud to sleep due to a Wedding. Upon complaining, the second room was changed to a better location. While the front desk stated that this would occur immediately at about midnight, the change did not occur until 12:30. While delayikng sleep for a half hour was a pain, our situation was made right. Overall the pool looked pristine and the grounds liked nice. The rooms were fine and not as bad as discussed in previous reviews. Old TV's and limited channels were disappointing but not deal breakers.The balance was acceptable and the front desk staff all were professional.

Worthy of consideratrion .. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sara L, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear BAD-UNCLE-DAVE,

Thank you kindly for sharing your comments on your recent stay at Olympia Resort! It is always a pleasure to hear feedback from our guests, as it is the best way to continuously improve our Resort services. I do want to apologize for the hassle & delay of your room transfer at such a late hour, but I am delighted to hear that you found your new accommodations to be more satisfying. If you ever find yourself looking to travel in the same area, we would be honored to have you as our guest again. Please be in contact with me if you would like to discuss your most recent stay or a future stay further.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I would give them zero stars if I could. I don't even know where to start.
1.The check-in clerk was very rude and angry.
2. The room's carpet was dirty.
3. The refrigerator was old with broken controls.
4.The bathroom door had peeling paint.
5.The pool's floor was slimy and the room was very poorly ventilated and very hot and uncomfortable.
6. There were dead ants swimming in a hot spa tub and there was visible dirt on the bottom of the tub.
7. The staff there is very rude and unaccommodating.
8. The sauna was not working.
9. The outside pool was closed even though it was after Memorial Day and it was supposed to be open according to their website.
10. The pool and spa area are in general disrepair with missing tiles.
Stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: If you decide to risk staying there, ask for a lake view room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 300Irene
Dear 300Irene,

I first would like to thank you kindly for sharing feedback regarding your most recent stay with us, as it is through each of our valued guest's comments that we are best able to continue improving our accommodations. At Olympia Resort, each day we strive to meet our guest's needs & requests, and on behalf of the resort, I would like to sincerely apologize for having missed the mark during your stay. I can assure you that each of the challenges which you have provided us, have been directed to the correct personnel so that they can be addressed and mitigated. Our outdoor pool & cabana area is open from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day, but unfortunately, we do need to close the pool area if there is inclement weather; including strong winds, rain, hail, lightning, or temperatures less than 68 F. However, during these times, we do have the indoor pool available instead. If you would like to discuss your stay further with me, I would be more than honored to speak with you. Thank you again for your time.

Guest Services / Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Oconomowoc hotels

Wisconsin
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Recently attended a conference at the the Olympia Resort. My main issue was the noise. My second floor room overlooked a large white roof. I can only assume the bar must have been below. My room actually vibrated from the music coming through my closed window. A friend of mine stayed on the third floor in a room overlooking this area and also complained of the noise. Thank goodness I brought earplugs. The front desk was understaffed. My pancakes and sausage from our catered breakfast buffet were ice cold, and though I saw a couple of pots of coffee floating around, I was never offered a cup--and the waitstaff was scarce. The hotel layout was odd, to say the least. Our main meeting room was on the lower level where the men's room was temporarily converted to a ladies' room. Very unappealing. Not sure what was up with that. I will say both the front desk and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PennyAnn225
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear PennyAnn225,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Olympia Resort. I first would like to apologize for the less than satisfactory challenges that you encountered during your stay. Regarding the noise in the evening: Club Indigo, our on-sight lounge, does offer live music & karaoke on the weekends, but none of our guest rooms actually over-look the roof of the lounge. Where ever the noise may have came from, I do understand your frustration. Each of our guests deserve to enjoy their night of sleep with out a disturbance of any kind. Also, I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be welcoming and helpful for your needs. If you would like to discuss your stay further, or if you find yourself in the area again, I would be more than happy to set you up for an unmatched getaway experience at Olympia Resort.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I gave it two of five only because I liked the Paya Organics trial size toiletries.

We stayed here for a wedding on Memorial Day weekend - overnight May 26, checkout on May 27. We booked our room approximately a month-and-a-half prior to this. Apparently we booked the only room with a king-size bed in the place. We waited for about 2.5 hours before raising a ruckus that our room STILL wasn't ready. To resolve the situation, we were upgraded to the Harley Suite. The room smelled like cigarettes even though there was a no smoking policy. Wallpaper was peeling and there was old food in our wastebasket next to our fridge (not ours). There was no hot water (lukewarm at best) and several lights were burnt out on the vanity. I had to swap some lights from the guest bathroom with ours. Bed was rock hard, pillows were flat. My husband and I went to lunch at Club Indigo. Waited close to an hour for a pizza. Slowest service ever.

80's/90's decor (etched glass and brass fixtures), carpet was lifting in the hallway, there were "out of order toilets" in the bathroom next to the ballroom (NOT GOOD especially when there are two weddings going on). The end toilet stalls had water damage on the walls. You could see mold/mildew where the paint had lifted and peeled off.

We stayed here because the wedding we attended was here (due to location for both families), however if it were up to us, we'd have stayed at Country Springs or even the Days Inn and just commuted... This place needs some serious TLC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Wanderlust_in_WI
Dear KNJ23,

I first want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Olympia Resort. It is through feedback from our guests that we are most able to improve our accommodations for our guests. Also, I want to sincerely apologize for any less than satisfactory challenges that you have mentioned. At Olympia Resort we do not condone that type of atmosphere, in our guest rooms or common areas, and I have forwarded your comments to the correct personnel to assure that this is not a challenge for any guest in the future. Regarding your check in experience, I would like to apologize for the length of time you waited for your room to be ready. At Olympia, we have check in guaranteed for all rooms at 3:00 PM, but if any room is vacant and clean before 3:00, we are more than happy to check anyone in early. Sometimes, unfortunately, if a guest is requesting a certain room type, it can possibly delay an early check in procedure. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at any time and I would be more than happy to assist you.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Reserved the two room jacuzzi suite. Room was large and partially updated. Fireplace was not working, nor were many outlets so lamps could not be used in large areas. Went to fill the jacuzzi and found we had no hot water. We complained hourly and finally almost seven hours after checking in we had hot water. The jacuzzi only ran around five minutes and kept shutting off and on by itself. When going to the phone to call the front desk, we found a sticky ring that had not been cleaned by housekeeping. Although the main areas were about halfway updated, the bathrooms were disgusting and the toilet was loose. We were given free breakfast coupons for our trouble, and this was the only good thing about this place. The food at Rick's was good. Stay away from this place until they finish remodeling!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CheeseMom52
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Mary S,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Olympia Resort. It is through feedback of our guests that we are most accurately able to provide unmatched guest experiences. At this time, several of our two-room suites have been updated, and the rest are soon to follow in the near future. I do apologize for the less than satisfactory challenges that you mentioned while staying as our guest. I can assure you that I have passed on all comments to the correct personnel regarding your review, and they will be resolved. Also, I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our fresh breakfast buffet in Rick's Cafe, and that the selection we offer was to your liking. Should your travels bring you back to the Oconomowoc area again, or if you would like me to keep you informed on our updating process, please feel free to contact me at any time so that I am able to provide you with the unmatched guest experience that you deserve.

Yours in Services,

Hilbert, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

An older resort but clean and comfortable. Room was spacious & had a refrige that did NOT freeze everything. Nice outside balcony. Only disappointment were the sauna's. No attendants were available to show how to operate them - one was broken. All had unpleasant smell. Note that towels are not available in the spa, bring one from your room.

Stayed May 2013
Dear MaMi1976,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Olympia Resort. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest, and I am happy to hear that you found your accommodations to be clean and comfortable! I do apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you have mentioned, regarding our O~Spa saunas. I will forward these comments to the correct personnel in order to rectify this issue. Should your travels bring you back to the Oconomowoc area again, please feel free to contact myself or one of our hotel operators, and we would be more than happy to set you up for a truly unmatched guest experience.

Guest Services / Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#2 of 4 in Delafield
The Country Springs Hotel
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!