“Bring your earplugs.”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
“Bring your earplugs.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Recently attended a conference at the the Olympia Resort. My main issue was the noise. My second floor room overlooked a large white roof. I can only assume the bar must have been below. My room actually vibrated from the music coming through my closed window. A friend of mine stayed on the third floor in a room overlooking this area and also complained of the noise. Thank goodness I brought earplugs. The front desk was understaffed. My pancakes and sausage from our catered breakfast buffet were ice cold, and though I saw a couple of pots of coffee floating around, I was never offered a cup--and the waitstaff was scarce. The hotel layout was odd, to say the least. Our main meeting room was on the lower level where the men's room was temporarily converted to a ladies' room. Very unappealing. Not sure what was up with that. I will say both the front desk and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PennyAnn225
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear PennyAnn225,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Olympia Resort. I first would like to apologize for the less than satisfactory challenges that you encountered during your stay. Regarding the noise in the evening: Club Indigo, our on-sight lounge, does offer live music & karaoke on the weekends, but none of our guest rooms actually over-look the roof of the lounge. Where ever the noise may have came from, I do understand your frustration. Each of our guests deserve to enjoy their night of sleep with out a disturbance of any kind. Also, I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be welcoming and helpful for your needs. If you would like to discuss your stay further, or if you find yourself in the area again, I would be more than happy to set you up for an unmatched getaway experience at Olympia Resort.

Guest Services / Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I gave it two of five only because I liked the Paya Organics trial size toiletries.

We stayed here for a wedding on Memorial Day weekend - overnight May 26, checkout on May 27. We booked our room approximately a month-and-a-half prior to this. Apparently we booked the only room with a king-size bed in the place. We waited for about 2.5 hours before raising a ruckus that our room STILL wasn't ready. To resolve the situation, we were upgraded to the Harley Suite. The room smelled like cigarettes even though there was a no smoking policy. Wallpaper was peeling and there was old food in our wastebasket next to our fridge (not ours). There was no hot water (lukewarm at best) and several lights were burnt out on the vanity. I had to swap some lights from the guest bathroom with ours. Bed was rock hard, pillows were flat. My husband and I went to lunch at Club Indigo. Waited close to an hour for a pizza. Slowest service ever.

80's/90's decor (etched glass and brass fixtures), carpet was lifting in the hallway, there were "out of order toilets" in the bathroom next to the ballroom (NOT GOOD especially when there are two weddings going on). The end toilet stalls had water damage on the walls. You could see mold/mildew where the paint had lifted and peeled off.

We stayed here because the wedding we attended was here (due to location for both families), however if it were up to us, we'd have stayed at Country Springs or even the Days Inn and just commuted... This place needs some serious TLC.

4 Thank Wanderlust_in_WI
Dear KNJ23,

I first want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Olympia Resort. It is through feedback from our guests that we are most able to improve our accommodations for our guests. Also, I want to sincerely apologize for any less than satisfactory challenges that you have mentioned. At Olympia Resort we do not condone that type of atmosphere, in our guest rooms or common areas, and I have forwarded your comments to the correct personnel to assure that this is not a challenge for any guest in the future. Regarding your check in experience, I would like to apologize for the length of time you waited for your room to be ready. At Olympia, we have check in guaranteed for all rooms at 3:00 PM, but if any room is vacant and clean before 3:00, we are more than happy to check anyone in early. Sometimes, unfortunately, if a guest is requesting a certain room type, it can possibly delay an early check in procedure. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at any time and I would be more than happy to assist you.

Guest Services / Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Oconomowoc hotels

Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Reserved the two room jacuzzi suite. Room was large and partially updated. Fireplace was not working, nor were many outlets so lamps could not be used in large areas. Went to fill the jacuzzi and found we had no hot water. We complained hourly and finally almost seven hours after checking in we had hot water. The jacuzzi only ran around five minutes and kept shutting off and on by itself. When going to the phone to call the front desk, we found a sticky ring that had not been cleaned by housekeeping. Although the main areas were about halfway updated, the bathrooms were disgusting and the toilet was loose. We were given free breakfast coupons for our trouble, and this was the only good thing about this place. The food at Rick's was good. Stay away from this place until they finish remodeling!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CheeseMom52
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Mary S,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Olympia Resort. It is through feedback of our guests that we are most accurately able to provide unmatched guest experiences. At this time, several of our two-room suites have been updated, and the rest are soon to follow in the near future. I do apologize for the less than satisfactory challenges that you mentioned while staying as our guest. I can assure you that I have passed on all comments to the correct personnel regarding your review, and they will be resolved. Also, I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our fresh breakfast buffet in Rick's Cafe, and that the selection we offer was to your liking. Should your travels bring you back to the Oconomowoc area again, or if you would like me to keep you informed on our updating process, please feel free to contact me at any time so that I am able to provide you with the unmatched guest experience that you deserve.

Yours in Services,

Hilbert, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

An older resort but clean and comfortable. Room was spacious & had a refrige that did NOT freeze everything. Nice outside balcony. Only disappointment were the sauna's. No attendants were available to show how to operate them - one was broken. All had unpleasant smell. Note that towels are not available in the spa, bring one from your room.

Stayed May 2013
Dear MaMi1976,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Olympia Resort. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest, and I am happy to hear that you found your accommodations to be clean and comfortable! I do apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you have mentioned, regarding our O~Spa saunas. I will forward these comments to the correct personnel in order to rectify this issue. Should your travels bring you back to the Oconomowoc area again, please feel free to contact myself or one of our hotel operators, and we would be more than happy to set you up for a truly unmatched guest experience.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

This Resort was amazing! Our large group was well catered and this hotel made us feel very welcome. The O-spa was awesome and the Sauna, Steam and Hot tub/Cold Tub was something very cool to experience at a resort. The Price was very reasonable and the food was delicious for the cheap amount we paid. I would come back to this resort over and over again. Not only did the hotel exceed my expectations, but that Staff was great to work with. 5 Stars!

1 Thank Konrad709
Dear Konrad709,

Thank you kindly for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Olympia Resort! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy such amenities as our O~Spa and dining options. The "Roman Bath" with the hot & cold tub is something unique. It is through reasonably priced accommodations like you have mentioned, which allows our guests to return again & again, for business or pleasure purposes. With over 45,000 square feet of banquet space, it makes Olympia Resort able to cater to both large and small parties, while every group is able to feel welcome, and have their own space without disturbances. I will pass along your comments to the associated personnel regarding the positive experience you had while working with our staff! It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we would love to host another weekend getaway for you soon!

Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was very satisfied with my weekend stay at Olympia Resort. Upon arriving the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms had plenty of room and were very comfortable. The location was perfectly located just off the interstate but also near downtown Oconomowoc. I was staying with a very large group and I felt we were welcomed and given place for our own celebration without disturbing the other guests. Finally, the food the was delicious.

1 Thank Alex S
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Alex S,
I am sincerely trilled to hear your comments regarding your recent stay at Olympia Resort! The main priority of our staff here is to meet all of our guests needs, so I am happy to hear that you found this to be helpful during your stay. As we do have 22 banquet facilities on property, we are able to welcome several events at a time without disturbances, and cater to large parties like the one you attended with. Our convenient location is just minutes from downtown Oconomowoc and the interstate, so I am happy to hear that you found this helpful during your accommodations here. Should your travels bring you back to the Oconomowoc area again, please feel free to contact Olympia Resort so that we are able to provide you with another unmatched guest experience!

Guest Services/Front Office Manager
Fulton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel was perfect for a big group function. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and willing to help in any way possible. The rooms were spacious, modernized, and overall satisfying. The endless possibilities of things to do at the hotel boosted my opinion above and beyond. If I am ever in the area again, I will definitely check in once more!

1 Thank chouzenga
Dear chouzenga,
I am absolutely delighted to hear about your recent stay at Olympia Resort! We have 22 banquet facilities on property and I am happy to hear that they were convenient, and satisfactory for the needs of the group which you attended with. All of our guest rooms have undergone an updating recently, so thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding the modernization. We love to hear guest's feedback regarding the amenities on the property, which include everything from a ski hill, to live music, and many others in between, and we are glad that you were able to experience some of them (and save others for next time!). Should your travels being you back to the Oconomowoc area again, we would be more than happy to provide you with an unmatched guest experience here at Olympia Resort!

Guest Services/Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#2 of 4 in Delafield
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
Holiday Inn Express Delafield

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!