“Not the cleanest resort we have been too!”

Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We won a free stay at this resort so we only had to pay the taxes which was good because we were not overly impressed.our room seemed like one of the newer rooms but we could tell it wasn't cleaned very well.There was a used wash cloth hanging from the shower head and a big black hair left on the shower wall.The walls seemed very thin because the people next to us had there tv on till 4 am and a gentleman was snorting so loud it seemed like he was in our room! thank God for the fan that would kick on and off (heater) so we could fall asleep.We did go in the hot tub but there was scum on the hot tub tiles.. We ate at the indigo lounge and the food was very good but the waitress was a little slow on checking on us and we finally went up to the bar to pay our bill because she never came back to collect it she was too busy having a conversation with another customer.our stay was terrible but wouldn't rush back.The hallways looked like they could use a good vacuuming.We go to Mexico a lot and the resorts there are spotless compared to this resort.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chickiebabe
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear chickiebabe,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our Resort. I would first like to apologize for the less than satisfactory stay you had at our resort. I have discussed your review with our Housekeeping manager so we are able to prevent cleanliness issues in the future. I also ask that if you do have a moment to call or email me just so I could get further information to better resolve the issue. I hope to see you again at the Olympia Resort so we can rectify the situation.
Revenuemgr@olympiaresort.com

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Doesn't everybody like "special treatment"? The staff at Olympia Resort and Spa have really gone the extra mile in my opinion to make sure I feel special, and I haven't even stayed there yet! They bent the rules a bit to accomodate me when I mentioned a specail I had seen online, but did not actually qualify for. I love this! No one was was rigid about it, they just did it. It saved me money (and all of my group as well). This type of customer service is full and complete and deserves a shout out! So, thank you Danielle! To the manager: You are doing it right! I look forward to my stay and to giving a positive review after as well!
Lisa Rudolph

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank september23
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear September23,
Thank you for writing about your reservation experience at the Olympia Resort. I did tell Danielle about the great job she did and I hope the stay was as great as the reservation portion. It was great hearing from you and would like to see how the stay was for you. If you would like to contact me at anytime I'm always free.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My room was suppose to be a suite with a whirlpool, Got to the room and it was a suite no whirlpool. Manager was nice and left me in the room and dropped price to regular room so I didn't have to switch room. He was nice.

Just disappinted i only booked the suite for the whirlpool room. I know they had several weddings and a few other events going on so the manager did the best he could.

The buffet breakfast was okay but waitress was bad along with hostess. We stood at the hostess station for over 5 minutes a waitress told us someone would help us but took way too long. Waitress was slow. Really you are only handling drinks and checks and can't get someone their juice with in 10 minutes?

When we asked for water it was another 8 minutes she still not around so had to ask another waitress for help. She was great and came right away with water.

Pedro the guy who made the omlets he was wonderful. He does a great job one of the best omlets and very hot witht he peppers my boyfriend ever had.

It just seems your staff sits in the back way too long not paying any attention to their customers. It is not like they have a lot of things to do with a buffet brunch. Service was very poor.

Room Tip: My room was very nice, older but still nice. They are remodeling and the rooms will be better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ceashelll
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Ceashell,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on our Resort. I am sorry to hear that they did not have the room that you made reservations for. Next time you come please contact me and we will get you a Whirlpool room at the standard room price for the inconvenience that you had the first time. I have directed your breakfast concerns to our F&B manager so he can retrain each individual on the importance of costumer service. I have also informed the Chef on what a great job he has done. I hope to see you back here soon so we can make it a weekend to remember for you. Please contact me for any reservations.
Revenue Manager
(262) 369-4979

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I wanted to check in 1.5 hours early because my family was all in a wedding there an hour after check in. They wanted an extra 20 dollars even though my room was ready... I felt like I was asking for their left and their first born. I felt as though I was being attacked. So I waited until three and then there was a relly long line which could of been avoided and several guests would have been much happier if we could have checked in earlier. Nice resort but the customer service at the front dek needs help. Life is not black and white but this hotel apparently is.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stosh S
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Stosh S,
Thank you for addressing your concerns on your recent visit at Olympia Resort. We have recently implemented a new enhancement feature at the Resort for early check in's. With this feature we do offer a early check in to guests at a $20.00 fee. With this fee guests are able to check in at an earlier time then 2 pm. At 2 pm we do have a grace period for check in's with no fee based on availability, until our normal check in time at 3 pm. If you would like to talk further about your stay, Please feel free to call me.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked a short stay at this motel because I was attending a quilt show, and taking 2 days of classes. This place reminded me of something that was in it's heyday 20 years ago, and is just old and tired now. Part of the hotel was being remodeled. Our room already had all the pictures taken off the wall, with big holes left for us to look at. There was an overwhelming smell of body odor in the room as soon as you entered it. The towels were very old and shredded at the sides and ends. I measured one of the strings hanging down from the towel and it was 8 inches long. The WiFi reception was sketchy at best. We went at 10am for the breakfast buffet that went until 11am and was told, sorry we are out of a lot of things. The pool was the only redeeming factor, but even it was crumbling in places. The lifeguard told us a child had been injured by the crumbling top edge surface. The quilt show was in a room that was so poorly lit, you couldn't even see the quilts. I have never been so glad to go home in my life. This report is as true as I can tell it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mustbecyn

Dear Mustbecyn,
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and comments of your stay at our resort. I would like to first apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. As you did mention we are in the midst of renovations on the resort. The renovations that are included are new linens for all of the rooms, New pictures in each guest room, Removal of all wallpaper, New carpet and more. We have also just invested in a new WIFI system for better connection at the resort. I would like to speak with you further on your stay. Please feel free to call me.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had to make reservations on short notice for three days, after booking the room, I read the reviews and thought that I made a terrible mistake. I called the next day and spoke to Anthony, he was very patient and listened to my concerns. When we arrived, Sarah was on the desk, was very nice. In fact, all the staff was very friendly, helpful and made us feel welcome. Our room was very clean, had a balcony with a view of the outdoor pool and very large pond. We used the inside and outside pools, the spa and found the staff attentive to the guests. When I made reserverations, they told me that they were in the process of renovating the resort and we did have one of the renovated rooms. I am a picky traveler and I can honestly tell you that my husband, daughter and I were not disappointed. We will stay there again. To the staff - thank you for an enjoyable vacation with our family!

Room Tip: our room was on the third floor, two queen size beds, balcony overlooking pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosebudbloom

Dear Rosebudbloom,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your great experience at Olympia Resort. We are glad that we could accommodate your stay and hope to see you again in the near future. I will forward your comments to each department manager to inform there employees to keep up the great work.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our group blocked several rooms here for a extended weekend event and the resort was very accommodating. Relaxing by the pool(s) inside or outside, a comfort setting throughout the lobby area, spa options, private if needed, restaurant onsite - which is very handy, and a night life in the lounge if wanting. Good food as well! Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Alittle drainage problem in the bathroom sink. Older hotel being updated and hopefully they continue with all the rooms & hallways...ex. carpet...but, for what they offer, and with our group rates, it was a very nice stay. The biggest downfall I would mention, for someone who has trouble walking to far, this would be a challenge - the hotel/resort is spend out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Ddwess,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on the Olympia Resort. We are glad you came to our resort and hope to see again for your next event.
Candice Bergemann

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Days Inn Johnson Creek
Days Inn Johnson Creek
#2 of 2 in Johnson Creek
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
Holiday Inn Express Delafield

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!