“Don't try to check in early...”

Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I wanted to check in 1.5 hours early because my family was all in a wedding there an hour after check in. They wanted an extra 20 dollars even though my room was ready... I felt like I was asking for their left and their first born. I felt as though I was being attacked. So I waited until three and then there was a relly long line which could of been avoided and several guests would have been much happier if we could have checked in earlier. Nice resort but the customer service at the front dek needs help. Life is not black and white but this hotel apparently is.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stosh S
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Stosh S,
Thank you for addressing your concerns on your recent visit at Olympia Resort. We have recently implemented a new enhancement feature at the Resort for early check in's. With this feature we do offer a early check in to guests at a $20.00 fee. With this fee guests are able to check in at an earlier time then 2 pm. At 2 pm we do have a grace period for check in's with no fee based on availability, until our normal check in time at 3 pm. If you would like to talk further about your stay, Please feel free to call me.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked a short stay at this motel because I was attending a quilt show, and taking 2 days of classes. This place reminded me of something that was in it's heyday 20 years ago, and is just old and tired now. Part of the hotel was being remodeled. Our room already had all the pictures taken off the wall, with big holes left for us to look at. There was an overwhelming smell of body odor in the room as soon as you entered it. The towels were very old and shredded at the sides and ends. I measured one of the strings hanging down from the towel and it was 8 inches long. The WiFi reception was sketchy at best. We went at 10am for the breakfast buffet that went until 11am and was told, sorry we are out of a lot of things. The pool was the only redeeming factor, but even it was crumbling in places. The lifeguard told us a child had been injured by the crumbling top edge surface. The quilt show was in a room that was so poorly lit, you couldn't even see the quilts. I have never been so glad to go home in my life. This report is as true as I can tell it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mustbecyn

Dear Mustbecyn,
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and comments of your stay at our resort. I would like to first apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. As you did mention we are in the midst of renovations on the resort. The renovations that are included are new linens for all of the rooms, New pictures in each guest room, Removal of all wallpaper, New carpet and more. We have also just invested in a new WIFI system for better connection at the resort. I would like to speak with you further on your stay. Please feel free to call me.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had to make reservations on short notice for three days, after booking the room, I read the reviews and thought that I made a terrible mistake. I called the next day and spoke to Anthony, he was very patient and listened to my concerns. When we arrived, Sarah was on the desk, was very nice. In fact, all the staff was very friendly, helpful and made us feel welcome. Our room was very clean, had a balcony with a view of the outdoor pool and very large pond. We used the inside and outside pools, the spa and found the staff attentive to the guests. When I made reserverations, they told me that they were in the process of renovating the resort and we did have one of the renovated rooms. I am a picky traveler and I can honestly tell you that my husband, daughter and I were not disappointed. We will stay there again. To the staff - thank you for an enjoyable vacation with our family!

Room Tip: our room was on the third floor, two queen size beds, balcony overlooking pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosebudbloom

Dear Rosebudbloom,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your great experience at Olympia Resort. We are glad that we could accommodate your stay and hope to see you again in the near future. I will forward your comments to each department manager to inform there employees to keep up the great work.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our group blocked several rooms here for a extended weekend event and the resort was very accommodating. Relaxing by the pool(s) inside or outside, a comfort setting throughout the lobby area, spa options, private if needed, restaurant onsite - which is very handy, and a night life in the lounge if wanting. Good food as well! Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Alittle drainage problem in the bathroom sink. Older hotel being updated and hopefully they continue with all the rooms & hallways...ex. carpet...but, for what they offer, and with our group rates, it was a very nice stay. The biggest downfall I would mention, for someone who has trouble walking to far, this would be a challenge - the hotel/resort is spend out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Ddwess,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on the Olympia Resort. We are glad you came to our resort and hope to see again for your next event.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am not a picky traveler, so don't read this and think "Oh she is just crabby" like I would think if I read this.

The conference rooms are pretty nice. Rooms...no.

Room-Old, dirty...literally a clipped toenail on the floor when I walked in, so not vaccummed. The bedding is old and ick. I ended up asking for a blanket to sleep in like a sleeping bag to try to keep clean.

The air conditioner did not work. The room smelled like mold. It needs to be updated like now!

They must let dogs stay there as I woke up to a yippy dog at about 3am. Food in the resturant had no taste whatsoever. Same with banquet area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank missyjo1983

Dear missyjo1983,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on the Olympia Resort & Spa. I would first like to thank you for staying at our resort. I would also like to apologize on the less then satisfactory stay you received at our resort. We are in process of a renovation and revamping our housekeeping
procedures. We are confident both will result in much improved future guest satisfaction. We apologize for any inconvenience and will follow up with pertinent management staff. If you would like to discuss your stay further, I would love to hear from you.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Thanks to Rick and his attentitive front desk staff for our recent stay! While the hotel is undergoing remodeling, it never impacted our activities. The outdoor pool was packed with guests, and the workout facilities continue to be the benchmark for hotels. We enjoy the location, peaceful views of the willows and pond, along with the comfortable beds.

Kevin and Simone

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunseeker37189
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Sunseeker37189,
Thank you for taking the time to write us your review on the Olympia Resort. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay at our Resort, and that we were able to offer you a extended stay program. I will let the front desk know of the great job they are doing, and we hope to see you back for a weekend or even a few months.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This place should not even be able to call themselves a "resort" and should be called
"last resort!" It was truly the grossest, most outdated place I have ever stayed. The rooms that are supposably remodeled have old carpet, fixtures, end tables, refridgerators and everything but some of the bedding is OLD! The lamps in our room looked as if they had been purchased from a rummage sale. Our fireplace did not work and they were unable to fix it during our stay. They did not offer to compensate us in any way for this.
Even upon trying to make reservations, the staff was very rude and unable to provide necessary information. I booked 2 rooms and when we arrived they only had me down for booking 1. The hotel was expensive for what it had to offer and did not even have free breakfast.
We were here with a wedding party and therefore were in and out of different rooms during our 2 night stay. We were told every room on our floor was remodeled, but again, they all had old furniture, carpeting and lamps in them.
This was the absolute worst place I have ever stayed. From the staff and customer service to the dirty rooms it was not pleasant in any way. I would never recommend for anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank mauricemoose

Dear Mauricemoose,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at the Olympia Resort and Spa. I would first like to apologize for the less than satisfactory stay you have had at our resort. I will be speaking to the Front desk directly on the importance of customer service. With the remodeling at this time they have just done the new carpet, and the texture walls along with new soft goods, and new bedding. We are still in the process of more renovations in the guest rooms. I would like to speak with you further if you would like to call me, I would love to hear from you.
(262) 369-4979

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Days Inn Johnson Creek
Days Inn Johnson Creek
#2 of 2 in Johnson Creek
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
Holiday Inn Express Delafield

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!