“It really has it all!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“It really has it all!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our group blocked several rooms here for a extended weekend event and the resort was very accommodating. Relaxing by the pool(s) inside or outside, a comfort setting throughout the lobby area, spa options, private if needed, restaurant onsite - which is very handy, and a night life in the lounge if wanting. Good food as well! Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Alittle drainage problem in the bathroom sink. Older hotel being updated and hopefully they continue with all the rooms & hallways...ex. carpet...but, for what they offer, and with our group rates, it was a very nice stay. The biggest downfall I would mention, for someone who has trouble walking to far, this would be a challenge - the hotel/resort is spend out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Ddwess,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on the Olympia Resort. We are glad you came to our resort and hope to see again for your next event.
Candice Bergemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am not a picky traveler, so don't read this and think "Oh she is just crabby" like I would think if I read this.

The conference rooms are pretty nice. Rooms...no.

Room-Old, dirty...literally a clipped toenail on the floor when I walked in, so not vaccummed. The bedding is old and ick. I ended up asking for a blanket to sleep in like a sleeping bag to try to keep clean.

The air conditioner did not work. The room smelled like mold. It needs to be updated like now!

They must let dogs stay there as I woke up to a yippy dog at about 3am. Food in the resturant had no taste whatsoever. Same with banquet area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank missyjo1983
Dear missyjo1983,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on the Olympia Resort & Spa. I would first like to thank you for staying at our resort. I would also like to apologize on the less then satisfactory stay you received at our resort. We are in process of a renovation and revamping our housekeeping
procedures. We are confident both will result in much improved future guest satisfaction. We apologize for any inconvenience and will follow up with pertinent management staff. If you would like to discuss your stay further, I would love to hear from you.
Revenue Manager

Travelers are raving about these Oconomowoc hotels

Highland, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Thanks to Rick and his attentitive front desk staff for our recent stay! While the hotel is undergoing remodeling, it never impacted our activities. The outdoor pool was packed with guests, and the workout facilities continue to be the benchmark for hotels. We enjoy the location, peaceful views of the willows and pond, along with the comfortable beds.

Kevin and Simone

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sunseeker37189
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Sunseeker37189,
Thank you for taking the time to write us your review on the Olympia Resort. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay at our Resort, and that we were able to offer you a extended stay program. I will let the front desk know of the great job they are doing, and we hope to see you back for a weekend or even a few months.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This place should not even be able to call themselves a "resort" and should be called
"last resort!" It was truly the grossest, most outdated place I have ever stayed. The rooms that are supposably remodeled have old carpet, fixtures, end tables, refridgerators and everything but some of the bedding is OLD! The lamps in our room looked as if they had been purchased from a rummage sale. Our fireplace did not work and they were unable to fix it during our stay. They did not offer to compensate us in any way for this.
Even upon trying to make reservations, the staff was very rude and unable to provide necessary information. I booked 2 rooms and when we arrived they only had me down for booking 1. The hotel was expensive for what it had to offer and did not even have free breakfast.
We were here with a wedding party and therefore were in and out of different rooms during our 2 night stay. We were told every room on our floor was remodeled, but again, they all had old furniture, carpeting and lamps in them.
This was the absolute worst place I have ever stayed. From the staff and customer service to the dirty rooms it was not pleasant in any way. I would never recommend for anyone to stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank mauricemoose
Dear Mauricemoose,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at the Olympia Resort and Spa. I would first like to apologize for the less than satisfactory stay you have had at our resort. I will be speaking to the Front desk directly on the importance of customer service. With the remodeling at this time they have just done the new carpet, and the texture walls along with new soft goods, and new bedding. We are still in the process of more renovations in the guest rooms. I would like to speak with you further if you would like to call me, I would love to hear from you.
(262) 369-4979
Barnhart, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The public areas of the hotel were ok, but dated. My room had mold in the shower grout, peeling wallpaper, some anti-slip surface painted long ago on the tub bottom (also peeling). My hair dryer overheated & died immediately when I turned it on. My coffee maker did not work. The showerhead had orange hard water residue and mold on it. The lock on the sliding door did not work, but there was a stop-bar so I used that.

I gave the coffee maker to the housekeeper. After 15 minutes, I asked if she was bringing me a new one. She said, "no, call the desk." I used my only hand towel to clean up the mess. I asked at the front desk for a new towel, and to have my showerhead cleaned. At dinnertime, neither had been done. Asked front desk again. After dinner, I found a stack of towels THROWN on my vanity. Obviously the door was just opened and the towels were tossed in, with no regard for my belongings that were there. Back to front desk, told them about the towels and asked a 3rd time to have the showerhead cleaned. Got 2 free dinners for my trouble, and assurance that it would be cleaned. Waitress was very slow, and inattentive, but food was delicious at Rick's. Day 3, asked again about showerhead. Bedtime, still not cleaned. Asked one last time, and even offered to clean it myself if they would give me the supplies. Last day, checked out, and asked for a manager. Complained about all my problems, and was comped the cost of 1 night. Housekeeper lied to manager in front of me, and said that my showerhead had been replaced the day before. Will have to stay again next year, and not looking forward to it.

Room Tip: A balcony is a must! Their main floor is floor 2. My room was 224 and overlooked the beautiful out...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sue B
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Sue B,
Thank you for writing us your review for the Olympia Resort. I have discussed all of your comments and concerns with my General Manager to rectify the situation. I know that you are coming back next year for your event and hope that you will call me directly to make your reservations so that I can do whatever it takes to make your next stay as enjoyable as possible. I hope to hear from you soon and to see your comment for your next stay being that you would love to come back in the future. When you call to make reservations please just ask for Candice and I will be able to assist you with everything.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Besides the dark & dingy ambience, the entire place was over bearing with the foul oder of dog, due to the numerous dog events held there on a weekly basis. Great place if you like staying in a dungeon like atmosphere & constant barking of dogs. Also, watch where you step.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank sequoiaspyder
Candiceviola, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear sequoiaspyder,

Thank you for your reviews on the Olympia Resort. I would like to apologize for your unpleasant stay at our resort. We are in the process of renovations with the guest rooms.Renovations will include tearing down the guest room walls and re-drywalling them. New carpet, tearing down the wall paper and painting the walls. New bedding and more. After the renovations pet friendly rooms will only be located on the first and second floors, so the third and forth will be pet free allergy free rooms. If you would like to talk further about your stay, please feel free to contact me.

Sun City West, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in August and had a nice experience. We found the hotel quiet and comfortable but it is a little "worn" in some aspects. We enjoyed being able to relax in the spa (which was included with our room) and golf on the course at the resort. This is an older, established property that needs a little updating but there is some renovation going on as this is being written. They have a nice outdoor pool area as well as an indoor pool as well. The only snafu we experienced was when our room did not get made up the first day. We brought it to the attention of the front desk and everything got taken care of. We were there on a reduced rate because we were in town for a funeral so for the price, it was a great value. There are plenty of places to eat nearby or you can eat at the hotel. We would definitely stay there again, but maybe not at the full rack rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Blase' Jose',
Thank you for your review on Olympia Resort. We are glad that you had an enjoyable experience, and hope to see you many times in the future. The renovations should be done in the near future, we are hard at work with them.

Candice Bergemann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#2 of 4 in Delafield
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
Holiday Inn Express Delafield

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!