“Best Food, Yummy!”

Cuisines: American
Shoreview, Minnesota, United States
“Best Food, Yummy!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great food, great service, great value!! Kids loved the cheese burgers, kept asking to go back to have more burgers. Watch out McDonalds, a better burger does exist.

Visited August 2012

“Awesome place to eat.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The atmosphere is great.
The food is home cooked
With a great prices
A great place to take your family
Once you go there you will keep going back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I read all the reviews about the Diner and was close so I decided to give it a try. I like diners, they are usually good (especially if you stick to diner food). I had meatloaf. First came the crackers and bun. I was hungry so I went to "break the bread" and I did just that - it was so dry that the only thing that came out was a chunck attached to my thumb. Dry? Yes, you could say that. My meatloaf came and while it was good, I will be worrying all night if it has MSG as the first ingredient but that is my problem. The hash browns were unusual. Typically, I see the hash browns come out in some kind of semi-solid unit. These were clearly out of the bag and then not crisped. Disappointing. There was a small dish of green beans that brought me back to my youth. My Mother, having grown up on a farm, was determined to overcook only canned green beans. Alas, there they were again, in a small bowl next to the meatloaf. I ate a little of everything and tried some chocolate cake that came with the meal. Good frosting but very dry cake. Service was stellar and attentive both in order taking and clearing the table. I do feel badly giving it a terrible rating but it just wasn't good. There are some wonderful diners out there...not this one.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cindy G
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Good not great”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Tried this place for dinner based on other positive reviews. We were greeted and seated immediately. Ordered the boasted chicken special which comes with soup or salad, choice of potato, and dessert. The salad was uninspiring with iceberg lettuce, but my wife commented that her chicken noodle soup was good with big chunks of chicken and lots of noodles. The chicken takes about 20 minutes and was good despite being slightly over-cooked. It came with a bowl of mixed vegetables which were obviously from a can and were mushy. I tried the boasted potatoes which were good. The dessert choice included cheesecake which was about average. Overall it was good food for the price paid ($20 including soft drinks).

• Visited July 2012
Pardeeville, Wisconsin
“Breakfast in always pefect!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I've had the opportunity to eat breakfast here on several occasions. Usually entertainly out of town employees. Prices are excellent & so is the food. You won't go away hungry!

Visited May 2012