“Great Price, Wonderful employees, exceptionally clean and comfortable”

MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Nekoosa, Wisconsin
“Great Price, Wonderful employees, exceptionally clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

We had stayed there two years ago and really liked it. When we checked in, I had the most friendly young man, I just didn't get his name. We checked in on Saturday,August 8th, 2010. We had been to the fair in Milwaukee, and were just exhausted. Check in was smooth, got up to our room, wonderful two room suite for $95.00! Can't beat that. The next morning, Laurie in the breakfast room was so nice, talked to her about growing up in Milwaukee and how it has grown so much since we left in 1976. Really a sweet person. She then checked us out also. I worked as a maid for 13 years, and I am very pickey about the cleanliness of rooms. The rooms were spotless! The employees here are awesome, very friendly, and helpful! Just wish they has a pool, only down thing I can say.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oklahoma!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

I stay at the MainStay every time I go to Milwaukee. Whether I'm there for a short or long stay, the MainStay serves my needs at a very good price. The full kitchen in my room is a great convenience when I'm there for a longer stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

This hotel is great for staying long term. It has a full kitchen. I was able to cook my meals and not have to go out. It was great to be able to sit down and do my work and have a hot meal. Staff was very helpful with anything that I needed. I travel a lot and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

With the regular size refrig, stove and micro, I was able to save dining money. Nice staff, very clean

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed overnight at the MainStay Suites on our way to Door County, Wisc. Having never stayed at a MainStay before, we chose it because we had enough Choice Hotel points to get a free night's stay. Our room was so clean that we thought it was brand new (it is actually 8 years old). We had 1 queen bed in a private alcove, a couch (probably a pull-out), a full kitchen with microwave, refridgerator, utensils, etc., eating area, nice clean bathroom with amenities. The included breakfast buffett was very good. It had waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, bakery items, coffee, juice, etc. We even got a USA Today newspaper! I would highly recommend this hotel. Please note - housekeeping is weekly unless you request more. (We had dinner at the Trattoria DiCarlo Restaurant in Oak Creek and it was delicious!)

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChicagoPokerGirl
North Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2008

Pro's
- Less expensive than many of the other properties in the area and probably better value (but read further to see if this applies to you).
- Close to the Milwaukee airport.
- Close to I94 and easy to access I794.
- Each room is a small suite with a kitchenette.
- Relatively new, clean and well kept.
- Free high speed internet that alway s worked for me (although it was kind of slow for file up / down loads).

Con's
- The area right around the hotel really has nothing to see or do. The hotel is located in the middle of a relatively undeveloped mixed residential / light industrial area right next to the airport. Other than 1 or 2 restaurants, there is nothing of interest in walking or easy driving distance. This is a place to sleep, not an area to visit or to be entertained. The same goes for the other hotels in this area unless they have the amenities you are looking for right on site.
- The hotel is fairly cheaply built and really generic. The furnishings and fixtures in the rooms, while still relatively new, are cheap and some are already showing signs of wear and tear (drawers do not open or close properly, scratches and scuffs on the surface etc.).
- This hotel chain has a policy of only cleaning the rooms once every 7 days you are in them in order to save cost. You can request a 'light touch' cleaning at no charge any day but this is just to make the bed, take out the garbage and provide new towels. This was okay with me but others may not like it.
- Although the rooms are suites in the sense that there is a separate bedroom, the actual size of the overall 'suite' is no more than a regular hotel room. The bedroom I had was tiny!

All in all, a good place to stay for business or when passing through but not really a destination for pleasure, romance or a vacation in my opinion.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — Boring
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank NV_guy
La Crosse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2008

The Mainstay Suites is the only place to stay in Milwaukee!!! The staff is wonderful and helpful. I have never stayed in a cleaner more well maintained hotel. The price was much less than I would have expected and I got more than I thought I would for only $85 a nite!!!! If you are headed to Milwaukee on buisness or pleaser I suggest calling the Mainstay!!

• Liked — Great value for the price!!
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Airport
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Airport / Oak Creek
Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport

Been to MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!