All reviewsfull kitchenburner stoveseparate bedroomfront deskken patelqueen bedlonger staysmall kitchenroom kitchenmaintained hotelrooms were spotlessdrive homepark sleep and flylonger termtheir policypark and stay packagebreakfast offered
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

Great hotel. Friendly people. Rooms are spacious and very clean. I would stay there again. Breakfast above average. Hotel overall very clean. Close to airport. Miller park is 20min away. Many restaurants in vicinity.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Check-in took an inordinate amount of time. The desk was understaffed and the manager was nowhere to be seen though he had his name plastered everywhere.

The rooms were above 80 degrees when we arrived, though the thermostats were set to 65. Curious. Upon complaint the desk clerk came to our room to show us how to "bypass" the programming on the thermostats which are set to display a set temperature but not actually change the temp until this bypass "trick" has been done. This is obviously a ploy by the owners to cut costs and hope that most of their clientele will simply live with the sweltering heat and non-functioning thermostats.

One of the rooms we booked smelled so heavily of of old cooked food that we were not bale to to use it. We were not offered compensation or another room.

The antiquated refrigerators in the rooms are very loud.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Ken P, Manager at MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Dear Sir,
I am very sorry for how you feel about this property but at this stage I am compelled to present the truth about your experience. you have reserved 4 rooms at our hotel under advanced purchase nonrefundable non-cancellable rate. On the day of arrival close to 10:30 PM you decided to check in all rooms. After going in to each room and using it, you decided to return the keys of 1 room saying you do not need that room after using the bathroom in there. Moreover, you demanded money back from the hotel for that room. My staff member advised you that the room was guaranteed under reservation terms and conditions and there are no refunds to advance purchase. you decided to be loud and grumpy. you have insulted my employee multiple times. we kept quiet and still treated you nice up until you left our facility. let me tell you something, it was your decision to return the room at your own will.

You have raised certain concerns about our accommodations such as check in took inordinate amount of time. All the paperwork was ready the minute you walk in the door. if you had multiple rooms then it might take little more time for us to get all the paper squared. Yes, as a manager my name is listed on the front desk which is a very standard practice. I have worked on that day from 5 am to 8 pm so me not present there is totally justified. There is no trick to the air conditioners. Most of the states are requiring energy efficiency options while the guest is not occupying the room. it helps save and conserve the energy but also it keeps the room rates low. Most states promote this practice in commercial buildings. this is not a new concept. There room in question about smell was not smelly at all.

You have created all this fuss to get even with us because we did not compensate you for the room that you did not spend the night in. Sometimes, we are thrown in to situation where there are consequences. there are individuals who are not willing to accept the results when they are not in their favor. When things do not go their way then they blackmail hotel and their staff to virtually bad mouth on every social media platform you can imagine of. Let me make it very clear to you sir that both my staff and I put our heart and soul in to this operation and try to exceed each guest expectations every time they stay with us. Other reviews prove that. Your opinion matters to us but painting the picture totally different in front of the social media such as TripAdvisor, Medallia etc. is not a good practice.

Thank you for your consideration.

Ken P

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Have never stayed in a MainStay property.....and we were very surprised and pleased with our experience with this facility. We were fortunate to respond to a lower-priced promotion for a room, which turned out to be a suite. Spacious, clean, comfortable, with a small kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, tv, cable, wifi.....all the amenities you would associate with a "suites-type" room. AND, blackout curtains!

We enjoyed the complimentary breakfasts both morning!

The staff was pleasant, courteous and professional....even to the point of inquiring mid-stay, "were we enjoying our visit to Milwaukee?" Nice. If you are needing a room while in the area, we would certainly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Probably not a bad room in the hotel! But, stay away from elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

First off, I was shocked by the size of the room, and for a lower price than many standard hotel rooms. This suite was as big as some apartments I've had, and with a full fridge and kitchen amenities would be an excellent extended stay option. We just needed a place to crash before an early flight, and so I can't comment on much. The bed was comfortable, cleanliness was standard for a hotel of this level, and the three staff members we encountered were exceptional. I fly in and out of MKE often and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2017

Pillows and bed were comfortable! Full refrigerator is awesome and the price couldn't be beat. A little noisey from people above, but nothing that needed addressed. Staff was great! Bar across parking lot had good appetizers. Would definitely stay at a Mainstay again!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple