“Nice Quiet Stay”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Mount Morris, Illinois
“Nice Quiet Stay”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and son with a disability enjoyed our stay. We liked the large room, separate bedroom and seating and counter/table. Good breakfast. Great stay! The location is close to the airport and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks so much for the review, Steve.

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We are always happy to accommodate disabled guests and have plenty of amenities for those who have disabilities.

We hope to see you again soon, Steve.

Sam, on behalf of MainStay Suites Oak Creek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would highly reccommend the MainStay Suites outside of Milwaukee and very close to Mitchell Airport. While the intention seems to cater to guests on longer stays it was perfect before a morning flight on a recent trip. The rooms are suites as suggested, with a separate bedroom, that is quite small but it is nice to be able to separate the room from potential light/noise from TV or kitchen if there are multiple guests in the room. There is a small but functional kitchen with a large refridgerator and a counter space to eat and work as well as a couch and TV to the side. Internet is included in the room. There is a 24 hour workout room and the fairly standard but solid hotel breakfast is available early (~5 AM). The staff was very friendly and everything was clean and in good shape. While not flashy or fancy by any means this hotel had everything we needed for a comfortable stay at a very reasonable price. The location does not have much if you are looking to do things in Milwaukee or find a nice place to eat (you do have a kitchen if you want to cook or save money by not eating out), it really is just an airport hotel, but it serves that role well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thanks for the review, canadiantuxedo!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We love to serve airport guests, and we hope you'll visit us again the next time you're in the area.

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Each trip to Milwaukee I chose to stay at Mainstay Suites. I like the rooms, always clean, lots of desk space, heated well during winter, soft clean beds. Only thing curious is that each time I stayed the "hot" breakfast consisted of Biscuits and Gravy the next morning. If it were not for other things in hotel that I liked, I would go to another hotel in area for the breakfast variety.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Haesi F
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks for the review, Haesi F.!

We're glad you find our rooms so clean and comfortable. We work hard to make sure our guests feel at home in our rooms, and it's always nice to hear positive feedback like yours. We hope to see you again soon!

Sam, on behalf of MainStay Suites
Woodridge
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed there just for one night. Given another option, I would most likely stay elsewhere. While the lobby area was nicely updated, the rooms are very outdated....very early 90's. The carpet was worn and matted...the bedding was also very worn. Although the hotel was "non-smoking", at some point this room had been a smoking room. It had a very stale old smoke smell to it. Like I said before, it was just ok...and I'd stay elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DianeC12345
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks for the review, dancemom123456.

We're sorry you didn't find our hotel up to your standards, but I thought I'd point out it was built in 2001 and has been updated frequently since then, so I'm surprised by your comments regarding it being outdated. That said, we hope to see you again the next time we're in town!

Regards,
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Nice place will stay here again. Clean and comfortable rooms. Slightly dated but extremely well maintained. Good size kitchen and living area with all the basic cooking utensils. We are foodies and love a place like this where we can relax after a long day. Staff is attentive and professional.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tomand S
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thanks for the review and for the kind words, Tomand S.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel -- we love to accommodate foodies interested in what Milwaukee's fine restaurants have to offer!

For anyone who might be wondering, our hotel was built in 2001, which we don't like to think of as "old." :)

Regards,
Treasure Island, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I have had 2 stays there and we will return again. It is clean, well-run, and friendly in a great neighborhood. We visit Milwaukee at least twice a year to see grandkids and we are happy to have found an extended stay type of motel that we can count on as our 'second home'. Beds are comfortable and breakfast is better than average. Try it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank dawn h
Online_Relations12, Guest Relations Manager at MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for review and kind words, Dawn!

We're glad you've enjoyed your stays to this point and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Bring your grandkids in for a visit sometime!

Sam, MainStay Suites Oak Creek
Missouri
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I travel a lot for business purposes and ended up staying here for an entire weekend. I was pleasantly surprised by everything, the staff at check-in was very friendly and helpful. They made sure I knew where everything was located and answered my questions for me. The room itself reminded me more of home than it did of a hotel, which made for a more relaxing stay.

I had read that there was a kitchenette in the room, but I did not realize until I got there that it came equipped with cooking utensils, plates, bowls & silverware. Such a relief to be able to cook for myself instead of having to rely on restaurants for a change.

WiFi had a good signal, plenty fast enough to accomplish anything I needed.

I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Airport / Oak Creek
Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport

Been to MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!