“Run don't Walk from this place”

Motel 6 Oak Creek Wi
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This Days Inn is a pure DUMP. My room was booked by a group of lovely people who asked me to attend a candlelight vigil and I was honored to attend. Thank GOD I didn't have to stay more than the 1 night I was in town. As soon as I checked in at the front desk they couldn't find my reservations even though I had a printed out copy that was emailed to me by the group who invited me to WI. Finally they find my name, ask if I want a room on the lower level or upper because the couple checking in after me appeared to be a John with is hired date and I figured upper level may save me from a serial killer...(Joke kind of) It was bad and after 10pm when I checked in so I was tired and wanted to just sleep.

The hallway of this hotel smelled liked cat urine and the floor sunk in many places and I tried to keep my balance to head to the staircase to go to my room. I went in and came back out and went to the front desk. I informed the young lady the room smelled very odd, she was pleasant and gave me a new key to another room.

The rooms didn't look bad at all and the bathrooms were newly remodeled but the main entrance, hallway and overall appearance of this hotel was just funky and bad. The breakfast they offered was toast, white, wheat, sour dough etc. etc. bagels, cold cereal, oatmeal packets and apples. I grabbed 4 apples and washed them off and began my day.

I do not suggest this hotel to anyone. If I had booked this hotel and arrived to this I would have left but since an organization invited me in town and they did not know how dumpy this place was I stayed the night. It's not work any amount of money and even being free to me because it was booked by someone else still was money not spent well. I suggested they try another hotel for the next set of visitors they invite in town.

The Bates Motel just didn't cut it any way or shape...Oh there was a workout room that I never got to use so that may be one point for them. WiFi NEVER worked for not only myself but the other 5 guests.

If you like living on the edge this is your place...LOL otherwise do yourself a favor and run don't walk from this dump.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 6, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Everything I expected for my stay was here and ready. A NOTE: the "Reserve 1 double bed room" choice is for one full-size bed, NOT two full-size beds as I expected. The receptionist did an outstanding job of helping me fix the problem and get me settled into a room with two beds. It was an inconvenience that was turned into a great experience thanks to the caring attitude of the staff!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends