“OK - average”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Chicago, Illinois
“OK - average”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed in two suites this weekend which were spacious for our needs. The towels and sheets are quite thin and not at all "hotel" grade. There was no water on the breakfast buffet - quite unheard of. The pool had no towels at 8:30 in the morning and had piles of wet ones from the day before all over the pool area. The lady at the front desk was quite helpful but no one else on the staff even tried to make eye contact with me. Very not friendly.......
The rooms were very clean and in good order. We would stay there again but would hope for upgrades to the bedding and towels and a more friendly staff on site.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AMY D
NicoleGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Amy D -

I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would like also like to apologize that we didn't meet all of your expectations during your stay. We take great pride in our hotel and the staff takes guest feedback as an opportunity to improve. We will review with our team and discuss the areas we can immediately address. You will be happy to know we are in the process of replacing our bath towels and linens by the end of June. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your future visit and promise to make it what you expect. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hopewell, Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I recently stay here on my way through Milwaukee. It was very nice & convenient to airport since I arrived late. Had shuttle pick me up. Lady at front desk was great. Told me all the stuff going on & went out her way to see I got some food. All flights were late. So I was Hungary. She was great. Hope they treat her well. The rooms were nice & comfortable. The breakfast was good . All in all a nice place for the Buck

• Stayed June 2013
NicoleGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear John B -

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. Our team enjoys hearing from our guests and there feedback about there experience. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to Milwaukee. Enjoy the summer!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was just ok. The staff was friendly but it wasn't much in the area. About 15 mins from downtown. Spent two days at the hotel the view out the back window was not pleasant. There is a waste dump in the back.

• Stayed May 2013
NicoleGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Jadakizz7833,

Thank you for taking the time to write about you recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoy your stay. As our immediate area in Oak Creek continues to be revitalized we look forward to new developments of shops/malls, restaurants, bars and entertainment. We hope to have you visit again in the future and look forward to having you as our guest.
Wauseon, Ohio, USA
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel was a huge disappointment. We arrived late and were exhausted and were greated by rude staff member Tim. Honestly was giving him a pass with it being late until he was just as rude the next morning with my husband. No need to deal with this type of service. The hotel itself was average, it is clean, beds were comfortable. Rooms not plush our warm feeling, very minimalistic, dorm like. Personally I would try elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear MBaus,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I want to personally apologize for the service you received and apologize on behalf of our entire team.

We take great pride in our service and in fact have recently been recognized by Marriott with a Gold Award for our service. Your stay did not reflect our commitment. Our expectation is to make your stay memorable and positive. I wanted to let you know that the associate that was mentioned in your review is no longer working with us and we have associates that believe in our commitment to provide great service working at our property everyday.

Again, on behalf of our entire staff we apologize and hope you can afford us the opportunity to stay again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It's an airport hotel that you can't see from the airport. It's actually a good 5 minute drive from the airport, but they'll shuttle you on their schedule. (:05, :35 of the hour) The room was clean and well kept, albeit no frills. There was no Lodgenet - I'm noticing fewer and fewer of those services in the non mainline Marriotts. I didn't have an issue with water pressure - but the towels were overly well used. My biggest "beef" would be the shuttle - it was easy for me to navigate the odd timing, but it could have been quite frustrating had I not inquired the night before. The breakfast was OK - nothing special, but sufficient and clean. Over $120/night was a little insane given it was MKE, but that's what it was.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear PHXJeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy to let you know that we continue to improve our operation and have recently improve our breakfast. We now have Hot and Health offerings at our breakfast bar!

As for our shuttle service, I appreciate hearing the guest perspective on the scheduling process. It helps us better understand and prepare to meet our guests needs and expectations. I would always encourage all of our guests to discuss your shuttle needs with our front desk associates the evening before or during the check in process. We always attempt to accommodate our guests on short notice, but advance notice helps to ensure you are well taken care of.

Thank you again! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place is newer and looks top notch........but, looks can be deceiving. First of all, no/low water pressure. Luckily for me, I don't have much hair, but if my wife were traveling with me, she would have a fit. I understand the going green concept and water saving fixtures, but these are turned down so low in the shower, that it is not practical, and let's face it, the going green concept is not the hotel's sustainability conscious talking; it saves them money. Second, on the second day, I got a cold shower, and when I complained about it to the front desk, they told me that what they think was happening was that because the hotel was full, everyone must have been taking showers at the same time.........I'm calling BS. This place is new, and they know how to make the plumbing work when at capacity. I promptly checked out........

Also, the breakfast, while free, is terrible. You can't even get a glass of water in the breakfast bar. The Crowne Plaza across the street is better and cheaper, with the addition of a full-service restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear BigYellow797,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. I would like to apologize for the problems you experienced at our property and wanted to let you know we were able to determine the cause of some of your concerns.

The water pressure and temperature problems we were luckily able to determine the cause the same day you experience no hot water. We had a new valve recently replaced in our water system that had unknowingly restricted hot water and caused multiple problems with hot water capacity and water flow. Thankfully, we were able to rectify and resolve quickly. Our team has reviewed the incident and have learned we need to improve on how we resolve guest concerns in the future.

I know that this does not change your experience, but wanted to let you know that we take your satisfaction very seriously. I hope you can give us the opportunity to discuss further directly with you. Please feel free to contact me at info@wiscohotels.com.

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Minneapolis
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding and were pleased. It was very clean and felt updated. There was ample space, a continental breakfast, pool and gym. Despite its close proximity to the airport, I didn't really hear a lot of airport noise. Overall, it's a good facility. My only concerns: The staff wasn't very knowledgeable (they were confused when I called to book it as party of the block of rooms for the wedding, and were confused about a shuttle they were providing to the wedding reception); the bed and pillows were not the most comfortable; the eggs at breakfast seemed very 'wet'; and your hear a lot of hallway noise.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms face a noisy junkyard/scrap metal facility