Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsextended stayfull kitchenroom was cleanfront deskhome away from homea great stayfree breakfastmilwaukeeairportgymshuttlemkevehicle
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed one night for a park and fly. Very friendly staff, clean, comfortable rooms, great pantry and priced right! The location was perfect. Shuttle was free and right on time. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Greetings jpbiwer!!!

We received your review of our hotel and wanted to tell you thank you! We appreciate you taking the time from your busy life to let us know how we are doing! It is a great benefit to be so close to the airport to be able to get our guests there swiftly. Happy to hear that you had no additional wait time and hope you enjoyed whichever warm destination you went to. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Happy spring!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here just one night, which is unusual for an extended stay property. I stayed because they offered an excellent park and fly rate. Keep in mind if you need an airport shuttle - hotel to airport runs twice and hour and you need to reserve the night before. This hotel is one of several run by Wisco Hotel Properties and the shuttle services all of their properties.

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was average to a little small for this style of property. This brand is in the same category as a Marriott Residence Inn, which has much larger rooms and amenities. But based on the price paid - the value was there.

The room included a coupon to walk (or drive) next door to the Comfort Suites for the cocktail hour as it is part of the same hotel group, a nice and unexpected bonus.

My reservation had a glitch at checkin that was quickly resolved, and then my deposit did not show on checkout - and two days later it still is not resolved, so a little frustrated at that end. I'd stay here again if the billing issue is resolved to my satisfaction.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little loud because of airport proximity.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Good Afternoon jra3!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly team and that your guest suite was cleaned to your liking. We hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail reception, a nice little perk to tell our guests "thank you"!. It is unfortunate to hear of your billing issue, and I would frankly like to know more so that I can resolve for you quickly should this problem arise on your next visit. Please accept our apologies. We are always working on ways to improve. We hope to see you again on your next overnight trip!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

All of the little things added up. The "store" had no bottled water, the clerk said they needed to get some, but were busy and I never saw the water. They had no ice available, I was told my freezer would make ice in 10 minutes, but after an hour i sent my tired husband back out for Ice & Water. I had no hot water for my morning shower before our flight out, it did get luke warm towards the end. I tried printing my airline tickets and the printer would not print, finally the girl figured it was out of paper. To top it off, our Van was broken into while we were using your Park & Fly service. While the clerk did apologize, she did say it happens here all the time, not our problem. So for us it was not a good experience at all:( I normally stay at a Holiday inn express and I've never had an issue with anything before, so I was rather disappointed. Sorry, I will not stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Terri P,

Thank you for bringing these serious matters to my attention. First off, please accept my absolute sincerest apologies. These are not issues that I take lightly and I certainly expect more from my staff. We do not operate in this way. Guest safety and the guest experience our are number one priority and concern. I can promise you that this will be addressed with hotel associates so similar situations never occur again.

We could have, and should have, very easily gotten you a bottle of water as you requested, and moved swiftly in getting you ice as your maker was not working properly. The same can be said of assisting you with printing boarding passes. The hot water issue has been repaired. Again, I am sorry that this happened during your stay with us. As for your vehicle, other than handling the explanation to you in a better manner, I wish there was more we could have done to prevent this. Unfortunately, break-ins do occasionally happen, being an airport property in a large Metro area. I can assure you, they are very few and far between. It is NOT something that occurs with great frequency. We have nightly security patrol that does their best with prevention and apprehention.

While mistakes occasionally happen and can be tolerated, the matter in which the resolutions occurred was not to my satisfaction, and will not be tolerated. Our service provided to you was well below expectations. I cannot apologize enough for that. While it may be of no comfort to you now, we hope you may re-consider staying with our hotel again during your next visit to Milwaukee.

We greatly appreciate your support of the IHG brand and it is my hope that this particular experience is in no way a reflection of the brand as a whole for you. We wholeheartedly invite you to continue staying at any one of our Great Hotels that Guests Love, and I certainly hope that you will. I personally invite you to come back to our hotel again.

Again, my apologies for your experience and thank you for patience and understanding with this matter.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

To start, I travel for work 90% of the time and stay in hotels during the week when deployed on a given project.

I'm loyal to IHG and typically stick with the affiliated hotels.

The Candlewood Suites has become my "Go-To" hotel when staying in the Milwaukee area. It is seconds away from the airport (bonus!) and about a 10 minute drive to DT.

The rooms are a great size! The Studios and 1-Bedroom Suites have plenty of room; and, compared to other hotels, I do not feel claustrophobic whatsoever.

The full kitchen is also a major bonus, with a full size fridge, microwave and stove-top.

The beds are comfortable. The bed set/sheets are moderate. And having free laundry is also a big perk.

Only a couple of constructive suggestions to Management: The gym is tiny (but having Anytime Gym rights is a great offering). The internet is slow and could be upgraded.

And finally, what def has made a difference with my stays are the hotel staff. McKenzie, the GM (Aaron?) and others have been attentive and go the extra mile to make my stays comfortable and homey.

I will continue to stay at the Candlewood and recommend it strongly to fellow travelers.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt S
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Good Morning Matt!

Wow, thank you for your very nice comments about our hotel, our staff, and your recent stay with us! We VERY much appreciate your loyalty to the Candlewood brand and we hope you can share your experiences with others to be an ambassador of the brand! We are glad that you love our spacious suites and are utlizing one of the great amenities of the hotel, our complimentary laundry services!

I can assure you that we are continually evaluating our amenties that we provide, and we are currently pursuing additional upgrades to improve our internet services. We hope to have an update soon! Please continue to enjoy our "local extra" of our fitness membership! We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you again for choosing us and the IHG brand!

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are fairly spacious with a mini kitchen with stove, fridge, and microwave

Room has a work area with 2 chairs and a reclining chair in the opposite corner.

Queen size bed and a flat screen Tv with disc player of which they lend at the front desk.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Greetings CHL,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with our wonderful hotel and got to experience and utilize all of our great Candlewood amenities. We look forward to your return trip with us!