“Nice staff, but room for improvement” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Seattle, Washington
“Nice staff, but room for improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for business, and it needs a little help. First for the good - the staff was friendly, the cookies were a nice touch, the room was nice and the beds were perfect. However, like one other recent reviewer said, hot water was an issue. We were told that it was either the hot water heater or the pipes and that there was nothing that could be done until after 8am. That was too late for us... we had to be at work. The next problem was the internet - wow, was that ever frustrating. And I'm not saying it was slow loading videos - it would time out while loading the Yelp home page. Seriously frustrating. Hotels that don't take internet access seriously are going to lose business travelers in a hurry. And finally, the people above us were awful neighbors. It sounded like a construction zone all night long. What could possibly be going on? I haven't a clue. The front desk asked them to keep it down, which would happen for a while, but then start back up again. We offered to move, but they were sold out and unable to offer us another room. When you're jet-lagged and have to be on your game in the morning, the last thing you want is to stay up all night listening to the Klunks in 302.
I questioned staying here in the first place - not my normal program. I'll listen to my intuition next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Brian H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Let us first apologize for the hot water issues. While I realize it is of no consolation now, we are sorry for this inconvenience and it indeed was an isolated incident. Some times, things are out of our control and we do the best to manage the situation accordingly. I wish that we would have had some rooms to move you to. We also very much take our complimentary internet amenity very seriously, and I apologize for the delays you experienced. We are continually evaluating and looking for ways to improve and increase performance. We sure hope that you will not let this stay affect your view of our brand, as we are a strong brand with great guests and even greater brand support. I would invite you to give us future consideration so that we can better serve your needs and I will personally see to it that you are taken care of here at our Milwaukee Airport property. All the best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My family and I were in Milwaukee this past weekend 5/18/2013 for my daughters graduation from Marquette University, The room was very nice, clean, and cozy. We decided to get ourselves cleaned up for the evening to retire for bed. My husband turned on the hot water to take a shower, But to our surprise the water went from lukewarm to ice cold, So went we went to the front desk to let the clerk know and all she said was "really, someone came out today and was supposed to fix that." So we politely went back to our room and went to bed thinking maybe it will be fixed by morning. That morning, we turned on the hot water again and this time the water never even got lukewarm it was just plain old cold!!!! I turned on the heat in the room and we all took cold showers ;(

Room Tip: Call and find out if they have hot water.
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear talkintam,

We appreciate your time in responding. Let me first apologize for the hot water issues you experienced! Unfortunately, this was an isolated incident and occurred on a sold out night, so we were unable to move you to a different room. I know that is no consolation now, but that would be our protocol if we had the availability. We would certainly like to invite you back to stay with us in the coming months, and I am willing to offer you a discounted rate as a courtesy for your inconvenience. We hope that you otherwise enjoyed your stay, which it appears you liked the room, and I would personally invite you to contact me for your next trip to the area. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great stay. Upon arrival our room (king bed) wasn't ready for another hour. The staff offered a queen bed plus a discount. It was a welcomed offer because my husband and I had driven a long way; and were ready to lay down. Staff friendly and attentive. Room was fantastic. Smelled fresh, clean, bright. Large window that could be opened for fresh air. Bathroom big with enough space to place items beside the sink. Hooks for clothing inside and outside the bathroom also much appreciated. A quiet fan in the bathroom and a fast flushing toilet. A big closet with lots of hangers with hooks so you didn't have to fumble with trying to hang the hanger back into its hole. The room was well thought out with a large leather recliner, desk and leather desk chair, flat screen TV. The beds, pillows and sheets were very comfortable. And it was quiet. Heard no footsteps up above. No loud tv or snoring next door. No toilet flushing or shower running in the next room. Yes, a return would be definite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear erameram,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites! We are so very glad to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and the room setup. I am also glad that our staff was able to accommodate you in a room in a reasonable amount of time so that you could relax. We look forward to your return visit and hope that you will experience the same great guest service! See you soon!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I found this hotel as part of the Wisco Hotel Group and couldn't have been happier. I needed a park and fly package, and Candlewood was very close to the airport. I arrived very late at night and the shuttles were all filled for the early morning time I needed to leave, so the hotel arranged and paid for a cab to take me to the airport. The room/kitchenette was very nice, and even though I only slept there a handful of hours, I'd definitely stay here again. I was able to get the best rate through the Wisco Hotel Group website.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hello SeaGreenLove!

Thank you for providing us feedback during your recent stay with us in March! We are glad that you found our services suited your needs and that we were able to get you to the airport on time to catch your flight! We appreciate your continued support of Wisco Hotel Group and we look forward to having you back with the Candlewood Suites during your next visit to our area!
Lansing, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was in Milwaukee for a few days on business. Check in easy, room clean and nice. The rooms are efficiency type for extended stay. You can cook a bit in the rooms (no oven, just microwave, stove, fridge and a full dish washer). All appliances in working order. At least two of each type of dish/plate. Work our room small but nice. I didn't use the BBQ area, but that was nice too. I loved the recliner. No breakfast at Candlewood Suites. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Greetings roadtripper10!

Thank you for taking the time recently to provide us feedback for your recent stay with us while on business in Milwaukee! We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and found us to be clean, quiet, and well suited to your needs! I apologize that you did not get to experience the many great breakfast items we have available in our Candlewood Cupboard. We are continually reviewing ways to keep improving this amenity. We also hope that during your next trip with us you can enjoy our outdoor grills! Thanks again and see you soon!
Quincy, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I usually avoid staying at "extended stay" hotels because I enjoy little things like free breakfast. Our airplane had mechanical issues and we were forced into staying the night in Milwaukee on a night where most hotels were sold out. The Candlewood is an average extended stay hotel, it has nice "suite" rooms - no frills. I stayed in a two double bed room, it had a nice leather chair, single bed side table, and a 27' LCD tv. I always like when hotels provide a channel listing sheet , which they did. The work space desk was small but adequate, the kitchenette was quite small for the hotel type but again adequate. I only dealt with the hotel staff during check-in and they were very pleasant. The room was clean. Unfortunately I had a "heavy footed person" in the room above me that walked with booming steps until late in the night, ther than that it was a quiet night. The room was a bit too expensive for what it provides at $105.00, I would expect to pay around $70-$85 dollars for this room. I was quite happy to spin a wheel at check-in for (priority club members ) where I won 1000 bonus points for my stay! In conclusion, I am a 70-80 room a year traveler, I have relaxed standards an use avereage as simply avererage (clean, hospitable, adequate) and typically choose Holday Inn Expess when available, this hotel is fine if it is the only thing available or if you were doing an extended stay. If I were traveling here again I would stay at the Holiday Inn Express, but would have no problem staying here if it was substantially cheaper or the only room available.

Room Tip: Room 202 is a two-double bed room the Airconditioner has a wall mounted thermostat and runs very qui...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aaron B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear CorpPilotJay,

Thank you for your recent response and submission regarding our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, and "homely" feeling of our hotel. I do apologize that you had some noise above you, next time we will be sure to put you on the 3rd floor. We hope that you will consider us for your next visit to Milwaukee and I am confident that I will be able to offer you a more competitive rate! Thank you again for choosing the Candlewood Suites and we hope to see you again down the road!

Aaron
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed for one night due to transiting from across the state (from Prairie du Chein, WI) and having a morning flight out of Milwaukee. The room was very clean, just like our experience in September. The beds were comfortable again. Everything was very acceptable and we would definitely stay there again when traveling to visit family and friends dispersed across the state...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Greetings Doug!

Thank you for your return visit to our hotel and your kind response! We always appreciate guests who are looking for a short overnight and the convenience of the airport. We are working diligently to continue to provide safe, clean, comfortable and friendly accommodations for our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us in 2013 and please reach out to me personally if there is anything further that I can do!

Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Creek
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek? Share your experiences!