“Just a ok stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Oak Lawn
“Just a ok stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my first time staying at a Red Roof Inn, I'm not sure what I was expecting but for the money it was ok. My only complaint was my room was not cleaned even though I left the card on the bed as discribed on their card for full service. I should have read their amenities better. Good thing I brought my hair dryer & conditioner as these were not provided in the room. Shampoo yes, conditioner no. Don't forget, you are close to the airport when staying here & will be able to hear the planes at night. I made sure to walk more while at Summerfest so I could sleep through sound of the planes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RRI031, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Chi-Town2012. Thank you for giving the Red Roof Inn brand an opportunity to serve you. In our efforts to keep our prices low and our product quality high, we find ourselves without some added ammenities such as in room hair dryers, conditioner, etc. However, we have listened to our guests and are currently in the process of getting these types of items added to our guest rooms nationwide.
Keep us in mind during your future travel plans, as some locations have already started with the upgrades.
~ John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I am rating this hotel "Very Good" based on the value I received for the cost I paid. This is a budget hotel. When you go here remember that. For the class of hotel this is it is a very nice hotel. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. I only needed this for a one night stay for an early departure from the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
momtoo2. Thank you for adding our Red Roof Inn location to your vast review history. We definitely pride ourselves on providing the most clean and comfortable stay possible at the most affordable price. As I mentioned to a guest just this morning, we haven't lost sight of what's important to our guests. Not every stay requires an olympic size swimming pool for an extra $100 a night. And we will continue to focus our efforts on providing the quality comforts that our guests have come to enjoy.
Have a great day. And we'll see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed at the red roof for summer fest. The front desk staff Bert did an exceptional job making sure my stay was very comfortable! I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Milwaukee area. Other staff members Christa and manager John made me feel at home.

Thanks again guys!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, akingced. I'm happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations at our hotel. Christa, Bert, and I, along with the rest of the team - Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Maintenance - all take pride in providing outstanding one-on-one customer service. I've presented my expectations to the team in a way that allows them to make the right decision in the moment, rather than waiting for approval. This empowerment allows them the opportunity to engage and interact with each guest comfortably and genuinely, and promotes an inviting hotel guest experience.
Thank you so much, and we'll see you soon!
WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I prepaid my hotel on a different website ensuring I could check in at anytime. Upon checking in. At 8:30pm, I was told that if I had been any later my room would have been sold and there was no refund. What type of policy is that? The clerk stated walk in consumers need a room too. I asked for the GM's name and will ask him to explain the policy. As far as the room goes, it was remodeled but the paint job was very poorly done with streaks of different paint, and a dirty ceiling. I also dound a bug in bed after I pulled the bedspread down. DISGUSTING! NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Ask for a king superior room, great space for work.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for chatting with me the other day at such length. It was great to speak with you directly. I’m sure you would agree that we both benefitted from the information shared. As we discussed, the miscommunication with the “different website” reservations has been corrected with this new front desk employee. All guaranteed, pre-paid reservations are just that: guaranteed. I would also like to thank you for clearly explaining what type of bug you found. As we discussed, this is a very common, non-threatening insect that typically stays outdoors. We have thoroughly inspected and proactively treated for any other traces, which we were not able to find. And we have already started repainting the wall and ceiling that you pointed out, which will bring this room back to our standards. As I mentioned, individuals like you allow the hotel industry to continue to improve their processes and quality for each and every guest. Thank you for reaching out to me. And I hope to see you again during your future travels in the Milwaukee area. Take care. ~John
Carol Stream
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Got to my room and it was missing the bathroom Shower curtain. I called the front desk and talked to Bert Howard the hotel manager. I offered to put up a shower curtain if he had one. He insisted in moving me to another room. Then he came to my room with a key to the new room, and he personally helped me move my items to the room down the hall. He went above and beyond in making sure my stay was an excellent, and it was.

Room Tip: The Superior King Room is worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Lovely Staff: Christa, John, Danny, and Sheryl assisted me and my family with courteous services outside of their responsibilites. For example, taking twenty minutes out to help us find and locate directions to and from places. Also, notified us of extended stay benefits. Finally, we created a new family with the lovely services through association while they were not busy with other patrons. Great Fun!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Since this is the third time I have reviewed this property I think it is fair to say that I stay there fairly frequently. I love this spot for a budget priced stay when I am in Milwaukee and need to be near the airport.

The first thing that you will notice is that there are always very nice people working at the front desk. They are always friendly, engaging and eager to please. I tend to linger a few extra minutes checking in just to chat. And since I do stay there quite a bit I know which area of the property and in some cases exactly the room I want. They are always willing to accommodate.

I like that the rooms have a nice modern safe, a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. At least they do in the king deluxe rooms.

Rooms are clean and have never had an issue with them not being properly made up.

My only complaint this time was that the wi-fi was choppy, difficult to connect to and extremely slow. Which likely was just due to the number of guests using it but it was a little frustrating.

Stay there and enjoy it. Know going in that it is not the Four Seasons. But it is very good at what it is and that is a budget level hotel. Clean, comfortable, not a lot of frills and a great location if you need to be near the airport.

Room Tip: Get the upgraded king deluxe room for a couple of extra dollars and ask for a room upstairs in the r...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Clarion Hotel Airport
Clarion Hotel Airport
#39 of 54 in Milwaukee
Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!