“No thanks.”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Boulder, Colorado
“No thanks.”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I greatly appreciated the price of $39.99 per evening for a two bed room (although not necessary as I was a single). I found that price on Expedia and somehow accidentally booked online for one night when I truly needed two nights. In person, I entered the hotel looking to book for a second evening. I was expecting helpful customer assistance (seeing as there was an award on the wall for "Best Customer Service") I instead got a woman who was abrupt, unfriendly and impolite. As I was checking in, not once did she say "please" or "thank you" in fact, she scolded me (rather than politely informing me when it was unnecessary) about Red Roof and Expedia being separate bookings and there "wasn't a thing she could do about Expedia", I never asked by the way. And then she extended her hand and demanded "I need your drivers license" no please or anything. She was rude. Windows on the first floor face the parking lot so, I kept mine shut cause who wants people peeking in. The washcloth was dirty, the air conditioner worked but was LOUD, their internet service was choppy, and the maid attempted to peek into my room first thing in the morning in spite of my "Privacy" sign hooked on the door. Not the best experience, livable but, I won't be returning. Ever.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank geebeemarie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed here with a friend on a Saturday night in March 2012. For a room with two double beds, we got a fantastic price of $44.99 plus tax (came to about $52 total). We were very pleased with our experience. The desk clerk (Sue) was friendly when we checked in. We were in the front building on the back side on the second floor, near the stairs. The room smelled pleasant and was clean. The only minor issue was the other guests who were outside on the balcony being loud, but it was a gorgeous night and once they quieted down, we slept like rocks. I would definitely stay here the next time I'm in Oak Creek.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RRI031, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our front desk Guest Service Representative and the property. I am happy to hear that your experience exceeded your expectations. It is our goal to provide clean, comfortable, and affordable accommodations at the Red Roof Inn. I look forward to your next visit with us. See you soon!! ~John
Clintonville, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This facility has recently did some renevations which make it traveler friendly.
The rooms are always clean and comfortable. I especially appreciate the friendliness of Sheryl upon morning check out. She is very personable and always knows me by name and is prompt and efficient. I am from a small town and she is just like family! Most big city hotels don't seem nearly as friendly upon check in or especially check out.

Room Tip: all rooms are more than acceptable
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your gracious words about our front desk staff and our hotel. Sheryl has been a valued member of our Red Roof Inn family for many years, as I’m sure you are aware. Her continued dedication to providing outstanding customer service is genuine and sincere with every guest she meets. And you’re right… she is just like family! We’ll see you soon. Take care. ~John
TINLEY PARK
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is my third stay here in the past three years. Our rooms are always clean and fresh-smelling. I love that we can park our car two feet from our door. And it is so nice to be able to bring your dog without paying those phony, jacked-up $25.00 fees---what a racket! Red Roof Inns welcome the pooches for free!

Oak Creek is a nice suburb, just a few miles south of downtown Milwaukee. Unless you have business way out west such as Brookfield or Waukesha, then this is the place for you. Within minutes of so many great restaurants, the airport, downtown attractions & fine dining, the art museum, the lakefront, the brewery, the ballpark, the Bucks arena, Old World 3rd Street, etc.

And the price? $49.75 for 2 adults with 2 double beds. Close enough to the expressway to be convenient, but far enoiugh away to be noise free, for a good night's sleep. And, being within 5 minutes of Mitchell International, we never heard one airplane flying overhead.

When you check in or check out, Sheryl is one of the nicest folks you'll ever meet. You just want to chat with her for a half hour. She is always genuinely interested in the things you do in Milwaukee, where you shop & where you dine. She is a real good employee of the Red Roof Inn Motel Corp.---a great Hostess/Representative. Other TripAdvisor reviewers agree!!

And there is a fantastic breakfast restaurant only one mile away, to the south---Oak Creek Diner---awesome food & awesome prices---real cozy ambience---a locals favorite not to be missed. Cheaper than eating at Mickey D's! Lots of seniors wearing Packer caps & jackets.

So, if you need to go to Milwaukee for anything, and you want a nice, clean room for a great price, with a great (south) location, this is your "go to" motel. I know it's mine!!!

Room Tip: When making reservations, and especially if you have a dog, ask for a first floor room in the 2nd bu...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, thank you! It’s wonderful to hear that you continue to have a wonderful experience at our hotel year after year. Clean rooms, great service from the front desk staff, and affordable prices: this has been, and always will be, our driving focus. And yes, Sheryl is fantastic, as well as the rest of our staff. We all work hard to provide the most memorable experience possible. If you’re ever in Milwaukee during Summerfest, we are a great place to stay! We are within walking distance of the park-and-ride shuttle near exit #319, about one block. There are many other exciting events that take place throughout the summer months, as well. We’ll see you next year, if not later this summer!! ~John
Newark, Illinois
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice a year for nearly 10 years and have never been as disappointed in the hotel as I was this time. It wasn't the room....the room was great....redone....comfy bed....clean. However, the PROBLEM was the other guests. There was a party going on above us with people yelling & cussing all night long. We complained to the front desk and nothing was done. Several suspect prostitutes were coming and going at all hours. The parking lot was LITTERED with strange things such as wigs, beer cans, and condoms.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have been working in Milwaukee for over a year and have stayed at this Red Roof Inn from the very beginning. The hotel staff has gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The rooms are nice and clean. They always smell nice and the beds are always the same. Whenever I have had to make any changes, the staff is very accommodating and have tried to help out however they can. I would highly recommend this property to anyone coming to the Milwaukee area.

Room Tip: All fo the room are away from the road so noise is not an issue.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This has kind of become my go to hotel when I am in Milwaukee on a budget. The location is very good, especially if you are flying into nearby Mitchell Airport.

I originally planned a one night stay to go see the Brewers in NLCS game six. When that game got moved from an afternoon to and evening game I extended to a two night stay.

Both nights were in King Deluxe rooms. The first night the room I stayed in the safe and the refrigerator did not work. I wasn't too concerned but when it became a two night stay I asked for a new room so I could secure my personal items.

When I called down to Cheryl at the front desk, asked to extend my stay and change rooms the response was, no problem at all.

Rooms are clean and the second of the two rooms I had actually had a thermostat that allowed you to dial up the exact temperature that you want and both the safe and refrigerator both worked fine.

Both rooms were clean and had a nice desk/working area and I love that they have the free wi-fi throughout. Only suggestion would be to add a few more selections to the television channels available.

If you are looking for good, clean, accommodations on a budget, you should use this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor of the back building. And if possible get the king deluxe.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport
Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!