“Eww and Ick!!”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
New York City, New York
“Eww and Ick!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The door was not secure and they took forever to replace the coffee maker.
you are better off going to Ramada or Econolodge.
For the price that you pay you will get a full channel line up, a shuttle, great breakfast and of course better service. No racists or petty losers at the other ones. If you encounter some named Christa, look out for her pretending not to notice any of your complaints. She revels in the misery of female guests. Male guest are a different matter. Same goes for Sherri from Honolulu, HI.
The newspapers will not be provided on Fridays. You may expect one price but will see another on the bill. You cannot say or do anything. Please look for another hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lake Station, Indiana
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed @ the Red Roof Inn for a weekend trip to Milwaukee. The room was clean, the shower was excellent, the air worked wonderfully on a really hot day and the bed was pretty comfortable. It's literally minutes from the city and great for anyone on a budget. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Superior King room...it rocked!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We had a "walk-in only" coupon to use and I called the hotel to check on room availability on the date we needed to stay. He said there should not be any issues, but that he would go ahead and reserve the room ahead of time and still honor the walk-in price. When I called, he had people in the lobby and was nice enough to offer to call me back so the people in line would not have to hold and neither would I. When we arrived the service was great also. We had 4 rooms and they were all very nice and clean. We will definitely stay again if we go to Milwaukee in the future.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I was given a room on the first floor and I don't usually stay at that level but I was tired and did not request it. It was cool out and we need the heat and the heater was the loudest thing making banging noises all night long.
In addition to the heater noise it sounded like the employees were remodeling upstairs above me all night long, I could not understand even if someone was in the room for a stay that anyone could make that much noise.
I never slept and I drive truck and needless to say I will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed December 16, 2010

This was the second time my husband and I stayed at a Red Roof Inn (first time was the night before in Deerfield, IL). Again, we chose this hotel because it was so inexpensive, and again, Red Roof is definitely a “no-frills” hotel – no amenities like shampoo or coffee. But it was a clean, comfortable room at a great price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Was in town on a budget for a two day business trip/performance. In order to keep cost down I chose to use two V.I.P. certificates I had from Red Roof Inn. This entitled us to two nights free stay.

Typically when you redeem rewards just about anywhere it throws the front desk into chaos and no one knows how to handle them. Not the case as they were quickly accepted and we were on our way to the rooms.

The rooms were what you expect. Budget hotel room with adequate furnishings and surroundings. The biggest thing with me is that it is clean and it was. Bed was on the small size and a little hard with scratchy sheets.

Due to my room being on the second floor and sleeping in we missed the first round of housekeeping. I had to kind of strong arm the woman into cleaning the room later. She just wanted to "drop off some towels." I asked that she at least make the beds too,

Location is convenient to many services around the area including an easy on off to the freeway and close proximity to the Milwaukee Airport.

For budget accommodations it fills the bill

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Northern Wisconsin
Reviewed November 27, 2010

We booked the room for the cost and location. My husband and I will stay here again without a doubt, and plan to whenever we are in the Milwaukee area for business or pleasure. We had an excellent check in with Matt. He was super friendly and helpful. Our check out with Sheryl was the same. They were both so friendly and courteous - we were amazed. The room was really clean and looked recently remodeled - updated fixtures, modern look, plus it had a fridge & microwave. Again, the room was CLEAN - no sticky carpet or mold growing in the bathroom. The bed was comfy and the room was very comfortable. Definitely a must stay for the value and friendly staff!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Creek
MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Airport / Oak Creek
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!