Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Airport / Oak Creek(Oak Creek)(Great Value!)
$75
$53
$107
$159
$40
Hotels.com
MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport(Oak Creek)(Great Value!)
$76
$72
MainStaySuites
$109
Fairfield Inn
Value Inn Motel(Oak Creek)
$52
Travelocity
Embassy Motel(Franklin)
$48
$103
All reviewspool areahappy hourhot tubpizzafree drinksfront desknice poolmilwaukee airportdrink ticketstwo queen bedsroom was largesofa sleeperyogurtexercise roomcontinental breakfastwould definitely stay here againone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Since I love making cross country connections through Milwaukee (so much easier then ORD) I have had the chance to stay in a few hotels in the area. On Feb 20/2010 I chose the Comfort Suites near the Milwaukee airport since they had some great reviews.

I arrived about 6 pm and the shuttle to the hotel arrived within 15 minutes. The driver was very polite and informative (sadly some important information was missing) and he had me at the hotel in less then 10 minutes.

Checking was very quick and the employee at the front desk was very polite and cheerful. He informed me that as it was a weekend the pool area was loud (It was but I was warned about it in advance and it was nice seeing so many familys having a blast at an excellent pool set up) I wish I was with my children as they would have loved the pool. Anyway he gave me a room on an upper floor away from the pool. The room was large, well designed and very comfortable. I liked the idea of needing a card in the wall to keep lights on (why does one need a light on when not there, great idea) The bed was excellent and I enjoyed having 2 TVs. Sometimes you dont want to watch TV sitting in bed. It was nice to have a TV by a couch as well. So far I was very impressed with this hotel and thinking I would stay here anytime I came through Milwaukee.

NOW THE BAD....Sad there has to be some, I admit I do not like messing with alarm clocks in a hotel room (Hey if the marathon runner in Seinfield can miss a race because of one why do it) so with a 8:15 flight to LaGuradia, I called front desk about 11:30pm and asked for a 6AM wake up call. The front desk was super friendly and I went to sleep thinking this place was 100% fantastic. You can guess my horror when I woke up at 7:05 and looked at the clock...Where was my wake up call, why was I still sleeping with a flight in 60 minutes. After the fastest shower ever (hey I catching a flight dont want to stink up the row on the plane) I was in the lobby at 7:15 asking about the shuttle (remember my missing information earlier) While the missing info was it runs in conjunction with other hotels and you need a reservation. The girl who I would describe as couldn't care less told me that the shuttle would not be there for 25 to 30 minutes and I should have made a reservation. When I asked about my wake up call, I was told that a person who usually works security (she gave me a name but I wont post it here) was at the desk the night before and probably didnt know who do set up a wake up.

Here I am on a discount ticket and not wanting to eat it (or miss a flight I had to be on) I call a cab and $12 later (and a wild ride that would have left the Fonz shaking his head) I was at the airport. Lucky I was flying Air Tran, as I was told there was a few am charters to Mexico and there was a huge line at security. I decided to pay the $49 upgrade to business class, just to get in a faster line through security, even with that I arrived at my flight just as they were closing the doors. Had I gone through the regular line I would have missed my flight for sure.

So there you have it, great facility and some very friendly people. But the girl in the morning with the "Your fault we blew your wake up call attitude" Plus the manager never responded to two emails. Leaves me wondering about this property. I guess if you do not have an early flight it is a fantastic place. I would probably have even gone back (as mistakes happen) If either the front desk girl had a nicer attitude (perhaps she was busy) or had the management responded to an email but sadly neither happened so I am left with very mixed feelings.

So I am recommending this hotel to someone who does not need to get a wake up or expect help if they have a problem (as again it was an excellent facility and I wont slag it because of a couple of mistakes) Looking for a place with your family and not catching a flight its probably fantastic. Sadly it is an airport hotel and many travelers are trying to catch flights as I was. I would have rated it Excellent without the problems in the morning, because of them I am rating it average as I was out extra $$$ just to get to the airport and on my flight

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport. I appreciate all the great things you had to say about the hotel - I also apologize for the issue with the wake up call and the front desks tone in the morning when the issue was discussed. I have taken this information to the hotel management team and we have corrected our process to ensure a situation like this does not happen again. I am happy to see that the positives about the property outweighed the issue with the wake up call. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience.

Reviewed April 12, 2010

I have spent several nights at this location on business and I must say that it has always been top notch. The staff has been professional and I would not hesitate to bring colleagues to this location for a good nights rest.

HOWEVER, the past weekend seemed to transform this location from a nice family oriented location into a scene from "Animal House". The pool was far over capacity, people were running up and down the halls at all hours and one person was even urinating out the side exit door to the hotel rather than waiting to walk twenty five feet down the hall.

When I mentioned it to the staff I was poliltey told it was the last day of "spring break" and that this was an anomoly. Since when did Milwaukee become Daytona Beach? Nothing but pure disappointment this past weekend. I will think twice before staying at any other WISCO hotels again. It did not adhere to "Choice Standards" Not to mention the bites my daughter received from th pull out couch she slept on. Yes... They wew confirmed as spider bites.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Comfort Suites. I am glad to hear you have stayed with us more than once and have had great stays previously. I am truly sorry to hear your last stay was not as enjoyable - I apologize for the experience and would like to discuss with you in more detail. Please contact me at jhager@wiscohotels.com and we can discuss the specifics in more detail - I would appreciate the opportunity to make up for the shortcomings in your last stay. Thanks again for taking the time to write about your stay.

Reviewed March 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed here on Sunday, March 7th. We are Choice Privilaege members, so we enjoy staying at all Choice brands. We have stayed at other Choice Hotels around the Milwaukee airport, and decided to give this hotel a try. The price was good (we used the stay and fly package), the service was outstanding, and the room was alright. The probem with the room was a sticky spot outside the bathroom door, which we fixed by putting a towel over it. The other problem was, no manager reception on Sunday nights. I pick this one because it offered a manager reception. As I recieved my key card, I asked where the manager reception was held, and was told that they do not offer that on Sunday nights. I stated that their web page states that it was held Sun. - Thus., 6-7PM. I was told that this was wrong and they would take it off, but as of today, 3/14/10, it is still on. When we check in to any hotel, we do not want to leave for anything. I know, there are restaurants around the hotel (stay away from the Branded Steer, the food is not good), but we picked this place because it offered food and drink on Sunday nights. The ride to and from the airport was on time and effecient. The breakfast buffet was more than I expected and very tasty. Would I stay here again? Possibly.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay with us at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport. I do apologize for the mis-communication with the managers reception. We did offer it on Sunday evenings, and from the lack of participation made some changes in the days of the week it is offered. Our current managers reception runs every Monday through Sat evening and is inclusive of complimentary drinks and food in our very own Duffy's Pub. I am in contact with the correct group of people to make the changes to our websites. I am excited to hear the rest of your stay was enjoyable and the shuttle and hot breakfast met and exceeded your expectations. Thanks again for writing about your stay. Hope to see you at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport again soon!

Reviewed August 31, 2009

This is my first Trip Advisor review, but worth taking the time to write. We stayed at this hotel because of the previous reviews and we agree; the staff and management were great and very accommodating. Our room was large, clean, and quiet (we asked for a quiet corner - no kids, no pets); hotel staff called us to ask if we were happy with the room (we were). The bed was very comfortable; plenty of parking and free internet or Wi-Fi. They include a large breakfast buffet, which we enjoyed. The swimming pool area is large, but we didn't use it; however we did use the exercise room.

We stayed a total of 6 nights, not all consecutive - and not originally planned - as we wrapped up our business in Wisconsin early, but did not book a room; not a problem, they accommodated us without a question. They provide airport pick-up and drop-off, as they are very conveniently located to the MKE.

This hotel is very close to Lake Michigan. We enjoyed walking along the shoreline trails and the numerous parks along the way. We would stay here again and plan to do so in the near future.

P.S. If you get the chance, stop by the Branded Steer, we had a great experience with the staff and food there as well.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2009

Hello Columbia!!
Thanks for taking the time to e-mail about your experience at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport. I am excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and it was everything you wanted it to be and more. We actually just also completed extensive renovations of our pool and fitness centers - so we encourage all to come visit and experience the new areas of the hotel. Thanks again for taking the time to write about your review - look forward to seeing you again in the future. Jason

Reviewed August 22, 2009

This is one of the best and friendliest hotels we've ever stayed in. Our room had a problem with the air conditioner not working properly. They immediately placed us in another room which was great. The bed was wonderful. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2009

Hello Tampa!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and it was everything you expected it to be. I appreciate the response, and look forward to hosting you again here in Milwaukee/Oak Creek.