“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed here on Sunday, March 7th. We are Choice Privilaege members, so we enjoy staying at all Choice brands. We have stayed at other Choice Hotels around the Milwaukee airport, and decided to give this hotel a try. The price was good (we used the stay and fly package), the service was outstanding, and the room was alright. The probem with the room was a sticky spot outside the bathroom door, which we fixed by putting a towel over it. The other problem was, no manager reception on Sunday nights. I pick this one because it offered a manager reception. As I recieved my key card, I asked where the manager reception was held, and was told that they do not offer that on Sunday nights. I stated that their web page states that it was held Sun. - Thus., 6-7PM. I was told that this was wrong and they would take it off, but as of today, 3/14/10, it is still on. When we check in to any hotel, we do not want to leave for anything. I know, there are restaurants around the hotel (stay away from the Branded Steer, the food is not good), but we picked this place because it offered food and drink on Sunday nights. The ride to and from the airport was on time and effecient. The breakfast buffet was more than I expected and very tasty. Would I stay here again? Possibly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay with us at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport. I do apologize for the mis-communication with the managers reception. We did offer it on Sunday evenings, and from the lack of participation made some changes in the days of the week it is offered. Our current managers reception runs every Monday through Sat evening and is inclusive of complimentary drinks and food in our very own Duffy's Pub. I am in contact with the correct group of people to make the changes to our websites. I am excited to hear the rest of your stay was enjoyable and the shuttle and hot breakfast met and exceeded your expectations. Thanks again for writing about your stay. Hope to see you at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed August 31, 2009

This is my first Trip Advisor review, but worth taking the time to write. We stayed at this hotel because of the previous reviews and we agree; the staff and management were great and very accommodating. Our room was large, clean, and quiet (we asked for a quiet corner - no kids, no pets); hotel staff called us to ask if we were happy with the room (we were). The bed was very comfortable; plenty of parking and free internet or Wi-Fi. They include a large breakfast buffet, which we enjoyed. The swimming pool area is large, but we didn't use it; however we did use the exercise room.

We stayed a total of 6 nights, not all consecutive - and not originally planned - as we wrapped up our business in Wisconsin early, but did not book a room; not a problem, they accommodated us without a question. They provide airport pick-up and drop-off, as they are very conveniently located to the MKE.

This hotel is very close to Lake Michigan. We enjoyed walking along the shoreline trails and the numerous parks along the way. We would stay here again and plan to do so in the near future.

P.S. If you get the chance, stop by the Branded Steer, we had a great experience with the staff and food there as well.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2009
Hello Columbia!!
Thanks for taking the time to e-mail about your experience at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport. I am excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and it was everything you wanted it to be and more. We actually just also completed extensive renovations of our pool and fitness centers - so we encourage all to come visit and experience the new areas of the hotel. Thanks again for taking the time to write about your review - look forward to seeing you again in the future. Jason
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2009

This is one of the best and friendliest hotels we've ever stayed in. Our room had a problem with the air conditioner not working properly. They immediately placed us in another room which was great. The bed was wonderful. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2009
Hello Tampa!!!

Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and it was everything you expected it to be. I appreciate the response, and look forward to hosting you again here in Milwaukee/Oak Creek.
San Francisco
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The hotel is attractive and clean. The staff and management were great. My room was large, attractive and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Plenty of parking and free internet or wi-fi. They have a free, large breakfast buffet. The swimming pool is large, but I didn't get a chance to use it. I stayed a total of 12 days, not all consecutive, and I was still given the weekly rate. I definitely felt my business was appreciated.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2009
Thanks for taking the time to write about your stay at the Comfort Suites. I was excited to hear you enjoyed your 12 days with us. We work hard to make the accommodations for our long term guests feel like home. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again! Jason Hager CHA
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I had read the review for this hotel, and I got pretty much what I expected. Like any hotel, there are things that you like and things that you think could change. We stayed a Friday Night until Saturday morning. The hotel has great access to the highway. Easy on, easy off. The pool area was crowded at times, but perfect for our 16 month old. The shallow kiddie pool and slide were perfect. If you are traveling with a young child, the pool area is great. The water probably could have been a little warmer, but that is minor. My problem with the pool area is that it doesn't open until 8 am. If you are traveling and need to leave early, it is nice to get a good morning swim in. They need to open it EARLIER!!

The breakfast was good. I always enjoy a warm breakfast option. Check in and check out were a breeze. I don't like that you have to use one of your room keys to keep the lights and air conditioning on, but just ask for an additional key when you check in. Also, I would recommend staying on the second floor. Away from the craziness of the pool and bar, but off the third floor. It is a lot of stairs to climb, or you have to wait for the one elevator.

Overall though, you get what you expect. A nice sized, clean room. Great pool. Hot breakfast, free cocktail. I would recommend it, and with the small changes, it could be even better. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to respond about your stay with us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are currently in the process of evaluating our pool hours, so it was good to hear your feedback. Thanks again for taking the time to respond, and I look forwarding to having you stay with us again! Jason
Rudolph, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We have used this hotel on several occasions when flying out of General Mitchell Airport. The staff are superb; they have a great park & fly rate. Hotel is in a very nice neighborhood. Upon check in you also get a free drink coupon--bartenders are great too! We had a nice suite with 2 queen beds and sofa, 2 tvs. Pool and fitness center are nice too, but we don't always have time to take all of that in. On one occasion we had two vehicles to 'park and fly' and they accommodated that for us as well. Parking lot is very safe too--the shuttle service is terrific. I felt much better leaving my vehicle in their lot than one of the 'off site' lots adjacent to the airport. I will be staying there again in about a week as we get ready to 'park and fly' out! Their continental breakfast is great (esp. since it's included!)!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Comfort Suites. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay & look forward to having you stay with us again. Enjoy the rest of your summer. Jason Hager GM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Staff was very helpful and pleasant from the first telephone call through check out.

There was a problem with a window in the suite when I first checked in and that was resolved quickly.

Bed was very comfortable and towels were large enough for an adult human being.

Fridge and microwave worked well.

Continental breakfast was good and had both hot and cold items. Could feed both meat eaters and vegetarians easily.

Pets are allowed, and even though I did not have one along, I prefer to stay in places that accept them.

Pool was a little smaller than some, but clean and not too heavily chlorinated. Wading pool with fun tree like fountains and a giant frog slide for the children.

I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2009
Thank you for your Response! I appreciate you taking time to write about your stay, and I am happy to hear everything was satisfactory. I hope you visit us again when you are in Milwaukee. Jason
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Creek
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!