“Feels like staying with family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport

Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Feels like staying with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

FYI, I really didn't stay in December 2012. This is a general overall review of the hotel b/c I've stayed there probably a total of 10 times.

It's been about a year since I've stayed at the Comfort Suites, but I have to tell you how awesome it is. My family and I have stayed here numerous times because we have lots of family in the area as we are originally from here. The staff is very accommodating, darn near willing to bend over backwards to help its guests. We have hosted our family many a time in the Duffy's Pub room, as it is a bit more spacious than having our huge family come into our hotel room. This past Easter, they even allowed my parents to host a meal at Duffy's. We try and keep the young kids in our family on their best behavior, but we've never gotten "yelled at" for it by staff or other guests. The hotel staff has just let us be so we can enjoy our time with family.

The rooms are great, comfy beds. We are always able to get Wi-Fi decently. In fact, my husband was able to hook up our Roku on the TV in our room so we could watch shows we have saved. When our older dog was younger, we were even able to have him stay in a room here with us.

The pool is always awesome. It's great that there is a regular pool, a whirlpool (my favorite) and a kiddie pool. The kids and adults in our family love being able to come over, visit with us and go swimming. The only issue I have ever had at the pool is that the froggy slide had cracks at the bottom the last time we were there, but that was over a year ago, so I'm sure it was fixed long ago. One time, someone in our party did get a talking to about bringing chips out to the pool area, but I can understand why: They want to keep it clean and I can totally get on board with that.

I've used the workout room here as well and had no trouble at all. I was able to put on some Adele and get busy on the treadmill.

Bottom line: You really almost feel like you're staying at a family member's really nice house when you're staying here. I'll see you guys next time I'm in Wisconsin!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Wow! You are amazing with your review of our property! We think it is pretty awesome too!
Thanks for staying with us when you come to Milwaukee.

Take Care,

Teresa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business. I spent almost 100% of the stay at the hotel. Normally this kind of hotel is out of my budget but i booked on Expedia and got a reasonable rate. The price was definitely worth the quality of the stay. Generally i felt the day staff were a bit friendlier and more accommodating. Night staff was good too just not as uplifting as the morning/day staff. They were very accommodating to my needs and didn't mind the million and one questions or requests i had. Where as most people would have given me the stink eye for being so pesky. The pool area was absolutely fun/relaxing/ and well kept, never seemed to get over crowded either. I am a smoker but the hotel is smoke free. But was very accommodating with multiple key card entrances to the outside area in and around the hotel, so i didn't feel the need to have to keep walking through the lobby. The location is located close to the e-way but very very minimal noise. The rooms were cleanly enough to my standards and no weird smells or anything of that nature. The room was a little cozy , they have bigger options but I did not have it in my budget to afford a bigger room. The pillows are super comfortable! The hotel in general is very well decorated. But the best part was the breakfast! Most of it was pre made but still fresh and a good amount of options for being a minimal complimentary breakfast. But what made the breakfast more enjoyable was the friendly breakfast lady. I didn't catch her name but she is a wonderful lady with a great attitude. She made me feel like I had a great start to my morning/day which I need sometimes as I can be cranky in the mornings. I know it sounds funny but the breakfast lady really made my stay at the hotel. I definitely would HIGHLY consider staying at this hotel again if I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Isa102906
Thanks for staying with us! I will share your comments with our staff during our meetings.
It is always nice for them to hear the great things our guests say about our staff and hotel.

Take care,

San Tan Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The mattresses had just the right amount of give. Usually I end up wishing I had slept on the ground. The pillows were fantastic. The room was quiet and very comfortable. The staff were very helpful. The only downside was that the free breakfast was not up to par with a hotel of this caliber. I ended up eating out.

Room Tip: 1000, 2000 or 3000 are the quietest rooms on each floor. They are located the furthest from the elev...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank frbranson
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for noticing our recent renovations and new bedding and pillows in our hotel!
I am always looking for ways to improve our breakfast, please let me know if there
was anything specific you would like to see.
Thanks for staying with us.

Duluth, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The comfort suites in Oak Creek has got to be among the very best the "choice" brand of hotels had to offer. The rooms are spacious, well maintained and nicely decorated. I requested a standard king bed suite and was automatically upgraded to a king whirlpool suite at no extra charge. The room was compatible to many high quality hotels I have stayed in in the past, including the Hilton chain and Westin chains (although the comfort suites rooms were larger and significantly cheaper). The staff was very friendly and always at the front desk ready to answer questions (which isn't always the case at other hotels). I had fantastic housekeepingservices as well and alwayscame back to a very clean room. The other standard amenities at the hotel are amazing as well: large pool area, workout facility, free continental breakfast and best of all, complimentary alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks between 5:30 and 7:30 every night...And free pizza that arrives just before 7:30!! The hotel is also located within walking distance of " The Branded Steer," a very good local steak house. If you have a vehicle you can easily drive to dozens of other popular restaurants only a couple miles away. Other things to note about the hotel: it is fairly new and in very good shape (not necessarily the case with other area hotels), the other guests are mostly business people and for the most part stay very quiet (with little activity in the pool area) and the hotel beds are among the MOST COMFORTABLE I have ever slept in!! When I come back to the Oak Creek/Milwaukee airport area I will stay at the comfort suites again without hesitation.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank deepbluetraveler
Dear Deepbluetraveler -

Wow! What great feedback about your stay! I will share it with our staff during our meeting this week.
Thanks for choosing our hotel!

Machesney Park, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We spent a Sunday night here to celebrate our anniversary. I had reserved and paid for a standard suite in advance using my Choice Privileges membership. When I arrived at the hotel, I asked if I could be upgraded to whilpool suite. Not only did they upgrade me, but they did it at no extra charge. It was a very nice room. We ended up having to eat breakfast in a conference room that morning because they were redoing the floor in the bar/breakfast area, but it looked very nice by the time we left. The staff was very friendly at all times and gave my wife a free toothbrush when she realized she left hers at home. The hotel is within a resonable drive to downtown Milwuakee, but I would recommend you have updated GPS maps or use an old fashioned paper map as the insterstates have been redone recently and my GPS told me to take an exit that no longer existed (obviously no fault of the hotel).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Juston S
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Happy Anniversary! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us!
Hope to see you again!

Take Care -

Beloit, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the 2nd time we've stayed here for a night before an early morning flight. The rooms are nice, could use a little sprucing up. A nice indoor pool area and a good value for those wanting to park and fly. Much cheaper than long term parking.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pauline H
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Pauline -

Thank you for using our park her fly there package. While overnight parking is free to our guests, the extended parking to leave a car is only available to book this package. Booking on one of the other sites will not extend the additional parking needed for trips. I bring this up to make others aware.
I am concerned with your comment that the room could have used some sprucing up.
We just completed renovations with new bedding, granite bathrooms, flat screen tv's, new desk chairs and such!

Thanks for staying with us!

Bessemer, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great place to stay. We have been staying there 2 to 3 times a year for the last 14 years. We always look for a choice hotel on all of our travels. The staff and especially Phyllis (she does the breakfast) are very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks for the great review! It is nice to hear from such a long standing guest!

Take care and safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Creek
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek
No photo provided

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!