“Excellent”

Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I recently had to fly to Milwaukee for my fathers funeral. This hotel truly went out of its way to accomodate my daughter & I. We got an early check in and then wanted a room change for a room with a sliding glass patio door. The girl at the desk, I believe it was Aubrey was a saint!! She even upgraded us to a "split suite". The entire staff was friendly. It's in a safe area of town. This place is fantastic!! Next time I visit, I will be staying here!! Thank you Comfort Suites!

Room Tip: If you're a smoker, request a room with a sliding glass patio door. We had room 1000, it was per...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

I am sorry to hear about your father. I am glad Aubrey, our Front Office Manager was able to not only to accommodate your family but to make are difficult time a little better. I hope the next time you stay with us, it will be for pleasure!
Thank you for taking time to post your review of our hotel.
Happy Holiday's - Teresa

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We arrived about 9pm and were gone with the 6:10am shuttle, so we didn't use the pool or bar. The hotel was very nice and the price was very reasonable, especially with the park and fly option. Check-in was quick and efficient, nice room and very quiet. Shuttle was excellent - on time and very considerate driver. On the way back, pick up at the airport was quick and friendly. I would definately recommend this hotel and will stay again for our next flight out of MKE. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for your review! I will certainly share with our staff! They love our guest comments too.
Happy travels and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been here for business several times.. The first time i was here my room had terrible lighting. I wanted to iron my pants and could hardly see to do so. Also, there was no ironing board. The air circulation was very poor. The second time was worse by far....i got to my room late on a Sunday afternoon and set my laptop on the desk, my coat over the desk chair. I pulled the chair out and sat down and landed flat on my back. The chair was so broke it did not sit upright. The front desk clerk told me take the chair from my friends room cuz she was moving since she had no hot water in her room. ReaLLY?? Wouldnt you think he would offer to move it for me? Then later that evening i wanted to put stuff in the safe...that didnt work! Thne I turned the Hot water in the wet bar sink and no water came out, then I wen to call the front desk and the phone did not work. I was offered another room and i did move in the morning. The room i have now is very nice. So just beware.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Lorna -
I am sorry to hear about your check in this week at our hotel. It appears we have some work to do in regards to maintenance and some training at the front desk. I am glad that your new room is much better. Thank you for your time. If you wish to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to call me. I know Aubrey, our Front Office Manager was able to talk to you about these issues earlier this week. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

After a pretty exhaustive search for a good value in the greater Milwaukee area, I decided on the Comfort Suites. The hotel was very large, very full, but very quiet and relaxing. I can't even recall hearing any planes taking off or landing during my stay. The suite was very large and comfortable, and a very good value for what I (ok, my company) paid. Breakfast was also pretty good. There are one or two restaurants within walking distance, and many more within a few minutes drive on South 27th Street. I would definitely recommend this to anyone needing to be near the airport or on the South Side of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the interior pool/courtyard are sure to be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy you found our hotel to be a great value and enjoyed your time with us. Thank you again, and happy travels to you!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel offers good value for the money. It is close to the airport as the name suggests. The happy hour is excellent, free tap beer and wine from 5:30 to 7:30. Most weekday nights there is also free pizza, usually after 7. Like most Choice properties, this one also has a free breakfast. It is pretty basic. The only thing keeping me from rating the hotel higher is that it is a bit tired. I hasten to add that it is clean and in fairness there is a renovation of the bathrooms in progress at the time this review is being written. Once the renovation is complete, I would not hesitate upping the overall rating. One other thing to note is that there are a few other hotels nearby but you will need a car to get to theaters and to downtown Milwaukee. There is not a restaurant on premises but there is an OK place about 1/2 block away.

Room Tip: Get a room toward the back opposite of the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! We should be done with our renovation process in the spring.
Updating the bathrooms to include granite, new tile flooring, updated lighting and vanity.
We do have a sample room done, stop by and ask for a tour!
See our packages on wiscohotels.com

Take Care -

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am a returning guest to the Comfort Suites property. My family lives in Milwaukee and myself and my husband come down a few times a year to watch the grandchildren. We stayed here last year and found it hard to enjoy ourselves with what seemed to be an abundance of kids and birthday parties! When we left after our weekend stay I remember mentioning the issues to the manager. This trip was conpletely different. My grandchildren and I were able to enjoy the pool due to the new "Wristband policy" they had. I also noticed that they have attendants and people walking around monitering the areas and that Birthday parties are no longer available. I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to swim and not feel like you are fighting for pool space. The accomodations were great, the service and friendliness of the staff was superb and I felt that they actually cared about how myself and my family were enjoying our stay. Their is no question that when we return next time to visit, the Comfort Suites will be the place we will be staying!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Myfamilyrocks5

Thank you for your support in policy limiting our pool area to registered guests only and 6 wristbands per room. I am glad you decided to try us again despite your concerns last year.
Again, thank you for supporting our pool policy.

Take Care,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

good place to stay if you have an early flight out of milwaukee. Friendly and helpful staff. Front desk gave a a wake up call in time for a nice breakfast and had us all signed uo for the shuttle to the airport in time for our flight. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

John -

Thank you for staying with us for your flight needs. I am glad you took the time to post a review of our hotel. When I share the comments with our staff during our meetings, they really take pride in helping our guests.
Safe travels - Teresa - GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Creek
MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Airport / Oak Creek
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Airport

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!