New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Newport News, Virginia
“Great deal, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I've been staying at the Comfort Suites in Oak Creek several times each year for about 5another years now. The rates are low for the room sizes. The little pub is a great thing too for those nights when a beer and a bit of grub is more than enough. It's close to the airport too with a shuttle service.

Now for the bad. I've watched this hotel deteriorate regularly. The good rates attract folks that normally wouldn't stay at a hotel like this and it is showing the wear.

When I arrived this trip, I was given a room who's AC wasn't keeping the room cool. The room also had s funky smell about it. The staff was great and relocated me immediately, but the room should never have been given. I have had to get maintenance to unclog sink and shower drains several times which is inexcusable considering the cleaning crew needs to run sink and bath water and should notice water backing up.

I gave it a recommend, but one more stay with problems will change that.

• Stayed September 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Thank you for your review... We are in a bit of a transition in local management and have several projects started to address room condition issues you mentioned. I am glad you like Duffy's and you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. I hope as we move through addressing the room condition and other items you mentioned, you will notice the results.
Thank you for your time and concern. Teresa - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Monon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This was our first trip to Wisconsin. We went there to take in a Brewers game. I had searched and searched for a hotel down town but due to a convention they were all booked. I looked at surrounding areas. I was a little nervous not knowing the area of Oak Creek and had not stayed in too many Comfort Suites before. It was one of the best experiences we had ever had staying at a hotel. From the moment you walk in the front door it feels like 'home away from home' very nice, cozy and CLEAN. Our room was spotless. Every employee that we came in contact with had smiles, extremely friendly and helpful. Everytime we walked past the desk we got a 'hello' and they recommened a restaurant that was withing walking distance to the hotel called 'The Branded Steer' excellent choice!!! I truly couldn't have asked for a better stay. The whole area around the hotel was very nice and clean. We are headed back up there next month and have already booked our reservations at this hotel, didn't even look into checking anywhere else. It was only a 15 min drive to Miller Park - well worth the drive for such a great place to stay. Every hotel chain needs to take lessons from Comfort Suites. This is definately be my choice of hotel every time we are traveling.

Room Tip: We got a room with 2 double beds and a seperate living area with a pull out sofa sleeper. GREAT id...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
We are so happy you loved your stay with us and are returning soon! The area is so fun and has tons to offer! Stop in and say Hi during your next visit.

Sincerely, Teresa D.
GM
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Went on a girlfriends' getaway. Room was great -- clean, comfortable, enough towels, nice fridge, everything we needed. Once we stepped out of the room? Surrounded by rude families, slow service.
We were unable to have breakfast in the cafe because customers were so incredibly gluttonous and rude, unable to wait even a second in line. Also, no employees anywhere to manage. Dining room a mess. Also, we were unable to swim because a gang of children were screaming and running. Oh, there were adults there. Ignoring them.
Too bad. It was a nice pool.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any large parties of families. Avoid if yes.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review! Through your feedback we learn how to better manage our guests expectations and groups that visit. I will share your comments during our upcoming Sales and Front Office meeting. Thank you, Teresa
Montgomery, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was traveling to a Brewers game with my 4-year-old son, my sister-in-law, and my 3-year-old nephew. We were really excited about staying here, largely because of the kid-friendly pool area. Unfortunately, we were quite disappointed in our experience. It was a pretty full house, so I was trying to be understanding... but some things I couldn't get past.

FIRST... THE BAD.
*The hotel is in desperate need of renovations. Stuff was broken all over the place. For example: the door going into the pool area had a broken handle, so there was a bath towel pulled through and tied in knots on either side to use as a "pull" to open the door. Real classy.
*Our room REEKED of smoke, as in I would have bet money the last person staying in that room had smoked there. I even called the front desk within an hour of check-in and told them to mark it down that I mentioned it so I wouldn't get charged the $150 fee for smoking in the room.
*The bedspreads were absolutely DISGUSTING. Stains everywhere. I wished I had salad tongs to pick them up with. ::shudder:: The pillows weren't good, either. They were square and not fluffy at all. Beds, however, were rather comfortable.
*The internet was spotty -- it would go out regularly and when trying to troubleshoot we were told it had to be our computer... however, the computers in the lobby did not connect either. Hmmmm.
*Two of the lamps in our room had burnt out light bulbs, but at least they did come change them relatively quickly.
*They seem a bit understaffed. A couple times when we called the front desk it rang about 25 times and nobody answered. When we checked out (right at check-out time) there was only one person working and the line was long.
*The pool area, while nice LOOKING, was a real problem for us. There were no pool towels when we got there in the evening, so I went to the front desk to ask for them. They gave me the hand towels that are in the guest rooms to use. I had to laugh. They didn't even go around my 4-year-old! After over an hour of waiting, housekeeping finally brought some pool towels down. The pool area was a mess and extremely busy. Kids were running around all over the place, splashing and jumping in the water and pushing their way past my preschooler and all the other little ones. Sadly, the parents were completely ignoring their kids' despicable behavior. I know there is no lifeguard on duty, and the parents should have been watching their kids, but at the same time I feel like since the hotel was practically booked solid, perhaps they should have had someone in the pool area at least trying to maintain a sense of order. It was pure chaos and we couldn't take it anymore, we weren't enjoying ourselves so we had to leave.

NOW... THE GOOD.
*Nice lobby decor
*Sizeable bathroom
*Shower had nice water pressure
*Very well functioning air conditioner in our room
*Easy check-in and check-out
*Convenient location
*Decently priced

All told, I highly doubt I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Carlie H
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for your posting regarding our hotel. We are aware of issues that you pointed out and our working with our vendors and staff to correct through additional resources and training opportunities. I will reach out to you via email through your reservation to discuss further. Please know we take these concerns seriously and appreciate the opportunity to improve our overall operation.

Teresa D'Amato
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I arrived late and checked out early but my stay was still very enjoyable. Staff was friendly, prepared and helpful. Room was perfectly clean and comfortable. A tv channel listing would be nice but I got by. Also the packed breakfast snacks were appreciated since I had to leave before breakfast was served.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport. We hope that when travel brings you back to Milwaukee, you will choose to stay with us again.

Teresa D'Amato - GM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

The staff and manager were great and treated me very well. Their customer service is great! They gave me ideas of where to eat and things to do in the area. The pool area is very nice and relaxing as well. The rooms are clean and very well kept up. I would definitely go back when I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport. Im glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great time at the hotel. Thank you for traveling, and staying with us. Have a great Summer! Jason
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We spent one night at the Comfort Suites recently and we didn't even have to leave the hotel to have a fulfilling night.

This hotel is located on a road that will never see a day when the construction will be completed so actually accessing the hotel is a bit of a challenge. This is nothing against the hotel but moreso a heads up to fellow travelers.

I've stayed at other Comfort Suites and this one is one of the best ones. They have a beautiful lobby area with three computer stations to do internet and work stuff on. The pool area is absolutely perfect for kids. I love how they have two separate pools; one specifically for the little ones and the other for the older children and adult swimmers. The pool area is very spacious and both pools have plenty of room for everyone to move around comfortably.

As far as rooms go, even though these are considered "suites" do not expect to find a separate bedroom in any of the rooms; at least the ones that we scoped out. If you are staying with a family (especially small kids) I strongly recommend requesting a room where the living area is separate from the bedroom with the bathroom and the very mini kitchenette in between. These are usually the handicap rooms. This way the adults can put the kids down and be able to watch TV from the other section of the room without disturbing the kiddos. Otherwise, the bed and the living area (where the pullout sofa-bed is) have no separation.

I love how there is a happy hour from 5:30 - 7:30 in the bar. You get free Miller Lite draft or wine during this time and at 7pm they bring out pizza. Be sure to get in line for pizza at 7pm sharp! The pizza is ransacked within 15-20 minutes and if you're lucky you might still be able to get a slice at 7:25. The bar remains open until about 11pm with a great variety of drinks, but the prices are what you would expect to pay at a hotel.

The breakfast is actually quite good with a little more than just continental cuisine, but not quite full gourmet. But it does have a decent variety and if you leave the breakfast hungry, that's your own fault.

The staff was really friendly and very quick to respond. Had no issues with getting extra pillows and they even have free cookies at the front desk.

Aside from accessing the hotel and rooms that really don't quite accommodate families the way they should, this Comfort Suites is an excellent choice. Just make sure you request a room where the living area and the bed areas are separate (with the bathroom in the middle) if you are staying with small kids.

Room Tip: request a room with bathroom separating the room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport. I am glad to see all the aspects of the hotel were what you wanted and more. I smiled at your comment about the pizzas in the bar. We have increased the # of pizzas we offer to assist with the great response from our bar guests to that free benefit. I do appreciate your comments on our split suites .. we do recommend them for families and will make sure we promote those more as we talk to our guests and understand their room needs. We try to offer something for everyone - Im glad we made your stay enjoyable and it exceeded your expectations. Thanks again for writing about your stay - Have a great summer and safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Creek
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#22 of 55 in Milwaukee
4.0 of 5 stars 205 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!