“The hotel was nice...service, not so much.”

Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Reviewed October 24, 2007

When we arrived at the hotel, planning on being shuttled to the airport the following day and to be picked up the next week, it appeared to be a beautiful hotel. The staff had told us we were welcome to stay in our room a little later the next day, as our flight wasn't until about 5:00 pm. Our family then went to our room, which we later discovered there were little bugs infesting our room. The pool was very nice, and so was the continental breakfast the next morning. We went up to the front desk after returning from shopping at about noon the next day, coming to find out that we "needed to get out of our room, as soon as possible." Even though they had told us a day before that we were welcome to stay until we had to leave for our shuttle. We had 5 people, and all needed to shower, and pack up which was not possible to be done quickly. Eventually we ended up sitting in the lobby waiting for our shuttle for about half an hour. When our flight had come in the following week, we were told to call the hotel before we got our luggage. We did so, and they told us our shuttle would be waiting for us. When we arrived at the spot they claimed it would be, we continued to wait for our shuttle HALF AN HOUR before it arrived, calling the hotel twice during that time. Keep in mind, it is the end of October and not-so-hot outside. I personally went to the airport shuttle desk, and notified them of the situation. The woman there told me we should just take a cab, and make the hotel pay for it because it was rediculus to wait that long. As we stood there, we saw several shuttles, come and go, and would see the same exact one come back within a period of 10 minutes, so theres NO REASON it should've taken that long. Once it finally arrived, the man was very rude, and said his reason for being late was "traffic," but once we got on the road the traffic didn't seem to be a problem at all. I was VERY disappointed at this, and the way the staff handled the situation. I definatley wouldn't recommend any friends or family of mine to stay here, because of the shuttle issue. What if they were late bringing you to the airport?

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jhager45, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2008

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the shuttle. I have made changes to the shuttle program at the hotel, and the problems you experienced in the past have been corrected. Thank you for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport

Reviewed September 11, 2007

I stayed at the Comfort Suites the weekend of September 7th thru September 9th. The check in was quick and easy, however, the clerk working the desk was short with us when explaining the cooling system. Apparently they have an energy system where the room is not cooled unless you put your room key card into the slot by the door. I had never heard about this system and the check in clerk was perturbed that I made her explain it again and show us how it worked. I found the system inconvenient as you needed to leave your hotel key card in the slot to cool the room. Then when you leave the room you take the key card with you so you can get back into the room, resulting in the air conditioning to shut off and you come back to a hot room. I solved this problem by inserting an old prepaid telephone credit card in the slot and it kept the air on all the time so the room was comfortable when we would return.

The room was nice but we found there was some mold on the bathroom walls and ceiling in the tub area. We also had small red ants in the bathroom our second night in the room. Although the ants were not a big problem as there weren't a lot, I just wanted to note that they were there. I don't know where they came from as we were on the second floor. I did report these things to the front desk to a different clerk as we checked out and she was very nice and thanked me for telling her of the problems. This second clerk was also very helpful in getting maintenance to our room very quickly after we told her that we could not open the safe in our room. As we found the servicing of our needs and problems handled promptly, I believe they will also take care of the problems we reported upon leaving.

Although there were the above problems we did find the room to be comfortable, the bed nice and the room set up very convenient. As you walk into the room you have a small living room, then the center area has the bathroom and across from the bathroom is a microwave, sink and small refrigerator. Then toward the back of the suite is the bedroom.

We used the swimming pool one morning. It was small but very nice and surprisingly warm. They also have a continental breakfast that was great. They set up an area where you could make your own waffles, have cold cereal, oatmeal, biscuit and gravy (which was very very good), yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, various juices, donut holes, muffins, coffee, tea or milk. I found the breakfast to far exceed most continental breakfasts I have experienced.

I would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 23, 2007

Pictures on their website does not do this place justice. The entrance is elegant, staff is pleasant and the room was better than we imagined. My fiance and I stayed there after a baseball game just for the evening. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the suite we had. The bed was very comfortable and the hot tub was great.

Stayed: August 2007

Thank you for the feedback on your stay. Im glad to see you enjoyed your experience.

Reviewed August 21, 2007

We booked the room for the full week of July 4th. That in itself was not a problem until some folks were partying into the very early hours a couple of days after the 4th.

The walls are paper thin so if you expect a good night sleep forget it if there is noise in the room next door.

As we got closer to the 4th the food at the free breakfast ran out a couple of times, poor planning on staff I guess.

The hotel is now a non-smoking hotel, but the common areas still smells of cigarettes. I would suggest some sort of smoke removal service like they do in Las Vegas when someone smokes in a non-smoking room.

The rooms are big and can sleep six, so if you have a large family or group you can't beat the price and the size. The room was generally clean, however a couple of the lights in the room did not work. They have a nice indoor pool, the kids will like that.

Just an okay hotel, if they just paid a bit of attention to some of the details it could beat some of the competition in the area.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Room was clean and comfortable. Air conditioner unit a bit loud, didn't bother the adults but bothered the children. Only heard one plane taking off in our two nights there, so sound wasn't too bad. Nice pillows and mattresses!

Breakfast was quite good; a waffle station, donut holes, various breads and bagels, hard boiled eggs (cold), hot eggs in the round as if for a McMuffin, along side round cheese and round sausage. All types of milk - whole, 2%, skim, and also ice water, three kinds of coffee, orange and apple juice. Three kinds of cold cereal. There might have been other things I don't remember.

The kids liked the pool. There was a kiddie pool with two fountains and a playground type slide, a hot tub, and another pool, all indoors.

This is a smoke free hotel, at least it is trying to be smoke free. We did see one guest smoking in her poolside room with the door open while her children frolicked in the pool. But hey, she was also drinking wine in the hot tub in a glass (also prohibited). Some people just have to break the rules, and hey, she and her young daughter (under age 11) had matching tatoos. We did not see any employees smoking at all, nor other guests.

Pets are welcomed here, and we did see a sweet little orphan kitten being cared for by a guest. Cute!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2007

The reason for my title is you never know what room you will get. We reserved 2 rooms.When we got there we were given 2 regular rooms not the suites we reserved. The lady at the front desk moved us quickly to the right room-good service. But in one of the rooms,the hairdryer didn't work.And in the other the A/C wouldn't stay on long enough to cool down the room. Hard to sleep in a hot room!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank gbpack100
Reviewed March 2, 2007

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel is located in a good area near the interstate, airport and restaurants. I ate at the near by steak house. It was ok.

Stayed: March 2007
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!