“Great staff, mixed review on the food”
Review of Laurel Supper Club

Laurel Supper Club
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in New Richmond
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a classic casual Midwest supper club with Friday night fish fry. Popovers and a relish tray. Great service. My husband and I had differing opinions on the food however. I had strip steak which was perfectly cooked and wonderfully seasoned. My husband ordered the prime rib which they are supposedly known for. It was an end piece and mostly gristle and fat. My husband refuses to send food back, the service is so good I am sure they would have fixed the situation if he had.

1  Thank APK_MN

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We go here on special occasions. Their prime rib is out of this world along with their pop overs and onion soup. I'd recommend reservations if eating after 5:30, always busy and always good. This place is an old style restaurant with great service. Great for large groups or special parties.

2  Thank 994Mary2013
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went there for Valentines day dinner. Reservation was for 7:30. We got seated at 7:55 and was served one glass of water and a popover by the busboy. We sat at our table for 45 minutes and was never once even approached by a waiter or waitress. They walked past our table like we weren't even there. I even stood my menu up on the table and still not even a gesture we existed. After 50 minutes of no service we had enough and walked out. Will never go back and do not recommend this place.

1  Thank Philip B
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Delightful find in the country. Supper club with charm. Great value for good food. Better than expected wine list. Amazing cuts of prime rib. Popovers! How welcoming. Start with a relish tray that includes pate. Wonderful location for a holiday gathering. Recommended!

1  Thank LocalLarry
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great food and the atmosphere is casual but certainly could be more formal if a person desired to go that option. We love going to this restaurant and have been doing so for 15 years now. I especially love the popovers served with each dinner....they are a treat and so delicious! Our favorite is the sirloin dinner for 2 which includes a bottle of wine or bubbly!