“Poor Experience”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in New London
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Got to the hotel friday1/27/2012. walking into the place it looked dirty. My wife and I had to listen the the female manager,who was standing in our way to the front desk, complaining very loudly on the phone to someone. While waiting to be taking care of, we started to read the signs on the wall and saw that the pool that we thought we would be in was no longer there. Finally after 10minutes of arguing she finally gave the phone to someone else and checked us in. Our room was ok; not filthy, but dusty. It was very loud; we could hear the manager talking on the phone from inside our room with the door closed. Outside noice was not a problem. We felt as though we were being monitored; everytime we left our room to go somewhere they (the manage and her family) stopped their conversation and stared at us until we got out of the door. WE are not offended by religious comments, but others are, and every time we left they would say "God Bless You". Check-out is at 11am; we left our room to start packing our car at 10:30am and could not get back in. The room key would not open the outside door. We walked around the building to the front; found no one at the desk, so went back up to the room to find that our key no longer opened our room either....the same room we PAID for until 11am. We still had things in the room; went back down to the front desk to find another customer waiting to be helped; and waiting; and waiting, etc. The other customer walked out. We stood at the front desk for 20minutes with no one in site. Finally a guy who has been living there for a few months saw us waiting, asked what we needed, and took it upon himself to go look for the manager for us. He could NOT find her. He got the master key and showed us back into the room we paid for to collect our final belongings. (Now that guy should be working there!) Leaving the parking lot, we saw the manager returning to the building. In our opinion, its pretty pathetic that there was no employees there for at least 1/2hr; Good thing there wasnt a fire or an emergency!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank mike r

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Our party of 3 stayed at this hotel while we were on vacation to see a Green Bay Packer Game. We got in VERY late and the manager was right there to greet us as we arrived around 1 am! Victor the manager was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. We stayed 3 nights and are looking forward to staying at this hotel again for the next Green Bay Game. Also plus side is VERY cheap compared to anything else around there.

Room Tip: Bring snacks there isnt much open too late into the night...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank PackersFan85
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed at Americas worst value inn on a week by week basis for three weeks. We got there on a Monday, then by Tuesday the room next to ours opened up for use so we put the kids there while my gf and I stayed in the attached room. Most times when we asked for towels we were told they couldn't help us get fresh towels. One day while the kids in the other room weren't being too loud, staff came up and yelled at them instead of going to their mom first. One weekend was filled with a big party and we didn't get much sleep that weekend. We have to continue on a daily basis to listen to the lady that runs the front desk tell us that she's a born again Christian and that "I'm" a devil. She has done nothing but complain about everything from her boss to other people that stay there on a daily basis, so I do my best not to go downstairs for coffee in the morning. I asked the guy in charge that if we are paying week by week then we are out on the 8th day right? He said yes. We are in the computer until Dec 8th but by adding up that we came in on a Tuesday for the week to week for 3 weeks, the leaving day should be Friday. When my gf tried to ask about what was going on she was called crazy by the desk person. There is no talking sense to the people that are running this hotel, I will never recommend this place to anyone! Staff is terrible!! My next complaint is going to Corporate!

Room Tip: Go to the Hotel across the street, look up the area the zip is 54961
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank screwthisplace
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed here while on a tubing trip on the Little Wolf River. About 5 miles to the tubing resort and near lots of restaurants. The real plus of this motel was the friendliness of the hotel manager and his staff; they were all very friendly and helpful. The rooms were good with good air conditioning, a real plus after a hot summer day. The local Walmart and Piggly Wiggly were only a block away. A very good value. Has a nice little pool and hot tub. The morning breakfast was very basic, 3 different cold cereals, toaster waffles, bananas and some weak coffee.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This hotel is in horrible condition. Do not stay in this hotel unless you enjoy filthy, dirty, hotels with bad wiring and lights not working. The first two rooms they gave us stank of smoke even though listed as non smoking and the a/c was so loud you would not be able to sleep. The only room they had for my wife and two kids was a one bed room that was dusty, musty, and dirty. I asked for a roll away and was offered only two aerobic mats. We had to ask for extra pillows, covers, and a sheet. Many lights did not work and only the heat lamp worked in the bathroom. The shower was filled with hair and the bed sheets were stained. I tried to plug in a night light and the fuse exploded and all the lights went out and the fuse would not reset. I guess having working lights are extra. It is painfully obvious that this hotel is suffering from major neglect as I stayed there 5 years ago and is was Ok but it has been ruined. If you enjoy misery this is your hotel. Horrible! I did complain and was offered $10 off the bill but I would suggest sleeping in a car over this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank RSTT3959

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!