“When I checked in, the lady had the...”
Review of Swiss Aire Motel

Swiss Aire Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Glarus
Swiss Aire Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Glarus
“When I checked in, the lady had the...”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

When I checked in, the lady had the personality of a wet noodle. There was a huge cat in the lobby, which wouldn't have bothered me if I had known about the place being pet-friendly ahead of time. (Like when I booked the reservation, I should have been told). The bathroom had hair everywhere! Behind the faucet, in tub, on my sheet..I ended up getting antibacterial wipes from my car and wiped down the toilet! It was very disappointing. And we didn't get to our room until 1am, so there was no way to fix our situation. $100 is waaaay too much to charge for the uncomfortable beds & nasty hair. If you're just looking for a place to sleep because you're too drunk to drive, then this place is for you.

3 Thank midnightdiva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
des moines
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Everything was just fine here. Had to ride bike or drive to eat supper downtown but Bowling Alley bar was walking distance. Stayed 2 nights and all went well. Interesting little area--well worth investigating.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank treeshaker
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed September 29, 2009

The location of this property is very appealing. It's walking distance to New Glarus and the bike trail. We were there for Oktoberfest, so it was packed! Rooms are a bit outdated, but fairly spacious and they were CLEAN. It is a roadside motel, so with the window open there is some traffic noise. The hotel property has a nice little outdoor seating area, away from the rooms. Price was a little high, but I think that was because of the festival weekend. Owners were polite and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abc12399
illinois
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We were very disappointed with our stay here.
The staff were very disinterested.
The sound of water running in the adjacent rooms was very loud and
the road noise was also loud.
The bed was uncomfortable.
The towels were small, dingy-looking and thin.
In short, too many negatives & few positives.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago area
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Room was clean and it had all the basics-including the tiny bar of soap and tiny towels. This is a really old strip style motel that you see along every highway. It was quiet but probably only because no one else was staying there that night. Rooms had been only superficially remodeled a few years ago but I could still see the repairs where someone probably punched a hole in the wall. Old furniture and beds as you might expect. Some other reviews I saw before booking were favorable but my wife and I were really disappointed with this choice. We wished we could have stayed anywhere else. Poor value for the rate that was charged.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 100DollarBill
rockford, il
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Just spent 3 nights at the Swiss Aire Motel, it was a very pleasant stay. The staff was very polite and helpful on things to see and do. It is right on the bike path. Next time we go to New Glarus, we will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rockford_bicyclist
Iowa
Reviewed August 14, 2008

Stopped through New Glarus for a short stay, stayed at the Swiss Aire Motel.
This is your older "roadside" hotel, with rooms you can drive right up to. Many of these have seen better days, but the Swiss Aire has obviously been updated within the last couple of years.
The have updated the bathrooms, the flooring, the walls, and the furnishings. Nothing really fancy, but clean and nice. Staff was friendly and helpful, location was just fine. I will stay there again!

• Liked — Convenient, easy to access
  • Disliked — No problems, really
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ljkdhall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison Verona
Super 8 Verona/Madison
Hyatt Place Madison/Verona

Been to Swiss Aire Motel? Share your experiences!