“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss Aire Motel

Swiss Aire Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Glarus
Swiss Aire Motel
You added Swiss Aire Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Glarus
Belvidere, Illinois
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Don't listen to these other reviews. I have stayed at many hotels and motels and this is one of the best motels I have stayed at. It is even nicer than some hotels I have stayed at. The owners were nice and the room was clean on the weekends there is a small selection for breakfast. It was very secure and even though pets were allowed you would never know unless you saw them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paige K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Sign said "expect to be impressed"...I wasnt. It was a decent motel. Bathroom was updated with new tile. Room had a microwave and fridge which is nice. On the downside they only provided two pillows and bedspread was old. Towels were extremely cheap. Room had horrible stench of stale smoke (obvious it was a former smoking room). I'd definitely stay again due to convenience to downtown but think upgrading towels and bedding would greatly improve this motel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Yes, the Swiss Aire Motel is one block from the Sugar River Trail and five blocks from downtown, but a great location isn't a good enough reason to stay here. The walls were paper thin, which is especially unacceptable when there are three barking dogs staying next door, the uncomfortable beds made our bodies ache, and we were only given two tiny, flat pillows for the night– one pillow each. Overall a pretty disappointing experience. We will definitely return to New Glarus but never to the Swiss Aire Motel.

Room Tip: Request a room away from ones with pets.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank charanie6

Travelers are raving about these New Glarus hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is an older motor inn. Rooms are small. Furnishings are showing their age. No breakfast (not even coffee except for the vile stuff in the rooms). I never thought I'd find myself thinking this but it made me wish for a Super 8...or anything with some basic quality standards.

This property also falls flat when it comes to hospitality. Owner/managers made us feel like we were bothering them when we checked in (and again when we asked about dining options in town).

So why do they feel they can charge $100/night? Supply and demand. There's one other motel in New Glarus and a couple B&Bs and that's it. On my next stay, I'll drive 15 miles down the road to Monroe where they you get much more for the money--and they make you feel welcome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank OnTheRoadAgain1954
Minneaolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I am not picky but this place was a let down. When I went to use the shower I was greeted with a bunch of hairs, all different shapes and sizes. If they can't even be bothered to pick the hairs out of the tub it makes you wonder what else they don't do. When I got in bed the smell of mildew was so strong I got up to open the window, only to discover that it was already open. I am guessing they knew the room stunk and left the window open to air it out. That was a little annoying because I had left my computer and other belongings in the room for several hours not knowing there was nothing but a screen keeping people out. If this place had been priced according to the value I wouldn't complain, but I felt it was priced too high for what you get.

Room Tip: maybe not all the rooms are mildewy but mine was bad, sniff them out first.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank alsjdfoiaweujfdsklfj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed this perfect stop between historic New Glarus, New Glarus Brewery and Sugar River State Park. Cute mini golf also down the road (we will have to try that next time).
The couple that own this place put their heart into making your stay comfortable. Clean and modern rooms for a good price and a light breakfast on the weekends.
We were 500 feet from the bike trail and could walk to town. We were very very happy. The room was right on the road, but the noise was not noticable at all.

I would highly recommend this to families!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joslyn J
West Lafayette, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Swiss Aire Motel is a small, family-run motel that retains the simple charm of old-timey motor courts. My husband and I stayed here during a recent visit to New Glarus. The property was clean, and we liked being near the Sugar River Trail and downtown New Glarus. The property owners were friendly and gave very helpful suggestions for the best restaurants in New Glarus.

Rooms do face the highway, and we needed to keep the A/C on at night to avoid hearing traffic noise. This is a no-frills hotel, but we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for easy access to the attractions of New Glarus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Karakahl Country Inn
Karakahl Country Inn
#3 of 3 in Mount Horeb
3.0 of 5 stars 92 reviews

Been to Swiss Aire Motel? Share your experiences!