“It reminds me of an OLDTIME bakery”
Review of New Glarus Bakery

New Glarus Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in New Glarus
Cuisines: Swiss
Winter Haven, Florida
“It reminds me of an OLDTIME bakery”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

They have a beautiful array of unusual and the usual. I was in (hog heaven) I would have liked one of everything, but then I wouldn't be able to waddle out of the store. DON'T miss this experience.

Visited December 2012

Madison
“Very Cheap!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had the linzel bar and a cranberry orange scone and they were kind of blah. The pumpkin muffins are very good. We got about 7 items all for $10.

• Visited November 2012
South Central Wisconsin
“Good stuff!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Traditional Swiss baked goods. Love the breads especially the Egg Braid (great for French Toast). Individual slices of cheesecake and pints of cookie dough for purchase.

Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“The happiest place in New Glarus!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I go to New Glarus once a year with friends. My favorite time to go to the bakery is in the early morning. Everyone there is happy and smiling, the bakery smells wonderful--what's not to like? It is hard to choose what to buy because everything looks so good and, in my experience, tastes so good. The morning buns are my favorite, but everything I've tried--bread, cookies, rolls, scones--has been very good.

• Visited October 2012
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Sweet Tooth Heaven”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a small bakery in a lovely Wisconsin Swiss town. Everything is to die for and so reasonably priced its hard not to walk out with one of everything! The raspberry cheesecake was so creamy and good! And if you like yeast rolls, try the orange blossom. It is so light and loaded with orange bits and an orange glaze. Wish I could bake like these folks!

• Visited October 2012