“Wonderful dining experience”

Add it.
Deininger's Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a wonderful dinner here in late September. Sitting out on the deck, we enjoyed the fall colors at their peak. Our server was very gracious and food was wonderful! The salmon and pork shank were fabulous! Highly recommend dining here if you are in New Glarus!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The whole town oozes atmosphere and ethnicity and this Deininger's is a big part of that for me. I try to go there whenever I go to New Glarus, which isn't often enough! A great place to show off to your visitors.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

It was an extra hot day and we had browsed through the craft fair. I felt tired and wilted when we arrived and worried that I was too casual for a nice restaurant. Happily we were able to dine on the front porch and enjoy the breeze and the scenery of quaint New Glarus. We loved our waitress and all the chef specials sounded great. It would have been nice to have them in writing. I recommend the 2009 Reisling from Germany. I loved the bruschetta appetizer with the bite of peppery arugula. The lemon sauce on the salmon was surprising but excellent. A perfect cup of coffee complimented the fresh strawberries with ice cream for dessert. My husband's tomato bisque was a bit heavy on the nutmeg for my taste. His crab cake was sublime. Their web site isn't always up to date on hours. It did not indicate they would be open and I'm glad I called. Another time on a Sunday in the fall we started to drive over but I called on the way and found out they were closed.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had a very pleasant experience at Deininger's. Its dining room is very homey with upscale touches as it is located inside a converted residence. It offers outdoor dining on the wraparound porch. The service was good and the food well prepared. I had one of the specials, the Alaskan cod which was excellent though a little salty. My wife had the penne pasta which was prepared without chicken per her request. It had a very tasty sauce. The drinks are reasonably priced per restaurant standards. Would like to see whole wheat rolls offered instead of just having plain white bread ones. Making reservations on popular nights is a good idea to avoid waiting. All in all we would recommend Deininger's for anyone who is looking for some fine dining in the New Glarus area.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our party of three all had different chef's specials plates. All outstanding. Substitutions or changes are discouraged. I changed my selection. NBD. Service was good. A place apart competitve with the best in the waest suburbs of Chicago.

1  Thank SpecAllez2007