“Bland & Antiseptic”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Bland & Antiseptic”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our anticipation was great to see and experience the brewery and frankly we were underwhelmed by the experience. The newly built area including the tasting room lacked any real atmosphere or warmth. In fact the whole place felt like a contrived mall version of a brewery, maybe in time it will age and feel more 'real' but in the meantime expect about 5 beers on tap and a standard gift shop. The service here is excellent and the staff are friendly.

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Madison, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Rude staff, never will go back”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I rented a limo for my fiancé's 30th birthday to tour area breweries. We got to the New Glarus brewery and a woman came out and yelled "everyone get back on the bus". They wanted us to drive the limo back down to the entrance and all walk back in because they don't allow commercial tour buses. I did not think a group of 14 people would be considered a commercial tour. Regardless of the rule, the woman was very rude to us and all my friends were very put off by the experience. I will not return or purchase their beer in the future.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank ecreiss64
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Amazing 3 Hour Hard-Hat Tour!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I gave my boyfriend this 3 hour hard-hat tour for Valentine's day and it was great. It starts out with the history and then the education of brewing beer. We moved through the newly renovated building and it was amazing. Such a great town and great family fun business. It is really great to see a company that the employees are so happy and care so much for the benefit and overall care of the business. We would do this again in a heartbeat. It ends with a great beer and cheese tasting... Amazing!

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome brewery”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As a Chicagoan, I love making a day trip of visiting Wisconsin breweries. New Glarus Spotted Cow has long been my favorite domestic beer, so I was way overdue in visiting the brewery, about a 2.5 hour drive from the city. It did not disappoint. Typically the tours are self-guided on weekends. However, we lucked out and one of the employees asked a group of us if we'd like a tour. Yes!! The brewery is immaculately clean; pristine, really. He talked about the history, the types of beer they make and how they have a focus on keeping things local, i.e., starting to grow the ingredients in the state of Wisconsin. Everyone there is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The tasting room afterwards could be a little more homey. Pretty much everyone has to stand; I wouldn't have minded a table and to be able to stay and linger for a while. It's not far from Madison. Definitely make it a stop.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Educational (And fun!)”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ok, I'm not even a beer drinker and I really enjoyed this tour. For starters, New Glarus brewery is spotless. I've been on other tours and they really don't compare to this one. Our guide was actually the product supervisor and really educated us on all things beer. The wrist tokens were a good idea - this way, you can't drop a beer token and lose it. We sampled the various beers in the pretty tasting room. The staff is warm and welcoming, too. The only criticism is that I can find these beers at a cheaper price at Tenuta's in Kenosha. But I would definitely go back. And the drive out there is beautiful! It's about 2 hours from Milwaukee.