“Not a fast food chain, authentic Mexican food”
Review of Maria's Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maria's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a family owned, staffed and managed small, ver casual Mexican eatery. The atmosphere is very simple, one open room. The food is made by Maria, is authentic, fresh and good. The service is informal but good. I have dined there four times, each timeit has not been busy so not sure what service would be like when busy. Give it a try if you have been underwhelmed with most chain Mexican mushy food.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

my husband pestered me to eat here. Atmosphere is barebones, the prices moderate and the food pretty average. Service was pleasant. Not sure if we will be going back.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stopped in for dinner in August and was a little nervous upon entry, as its in need of some updating, new carpet, etc. But the lady working, I'm assuming the owner, was very friendly and helped us decide what to order. I wanted a seafood enchilada but didn't care for the sauces that were offered for it. She asked what I liked, I told her, and she said "don't worry, I will make it for you"... and she did. It was very good. Only thing missing was a margarita... no liquor license yet. I would return.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This restaurant has really improved. The food was a bit bland at first but now has a good amount of zing. The tortas are huge and excellent; the tacos are full of meat and delicious. We like the shredded chicken and pork (carnitas) the best. The salsa is also very good along with the pico and the guac. The family is very welcoming. This is not fast food; it is made to order, exactly as you request.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food is simply hands down the best. It is not "americanized" like most mexican restaurants in the area. The magic of this place is in its simplicity. It's a family run restaurant. The family that owns it is very friendly and welcoming. We have recommended Maria's to many friends whom have loved it the same. One friend even had Maria cater a birthday party. My ultimate favorite is the chicken tamales in the green sauce. I highly recommend it to go, for a quick weeknight meal, out with friends, or any other 'excuse' to head on over to Maria's.