and 1 more site!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Berlin
Chicago, Illinois
“Never a bad stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I always look for Holiday Inn hotels and have never been disappointed. They always seem to do a great job with making me feel good at picking them. The breakfast was great, hot food and cold. The area was very clean and they never let anything run out.

Room Tip: The more you stay the better rooms you get.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Expresses and usually I "stay impressed" (which is the motto on their key cards) but this hotel in New Berlin, WI did not impress me one bit. Keep it short and sweet. We had a training conference in the area and we had close to 30 rooms booked. When I walked in the first day the front desk lady seemed stressed and gave me terrible customer service...not my problem. I woke up three days in a row to a cold shower! Why? Because all of my co-workers were showering at the same time as me, and the hotel doesn't have big enough water heaters...again, not my problem. The last thing is their soft and firm pillows haven't been updated since the 90's! My head went straight to the mattress with the soft pillow, and the "firm" pillow was softer than a soft pillow should be. I told the front desk lady this exact story and she looked at me like she didn't care. It is unfortunate for this hotel because I am in this area a lot for work and am living out of hotels...I will never stay at this hotel again. The best part was the free drinks and popcorn that started at 5:30pm.

Room Tip: Stay at the La Quinta that's right down the road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee-New Berlin, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear bigselhorst,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and if our hotel fell below your expectation in many aspects. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Greenwich CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

As other reviewers have stated..very comfortable and accommodating. We arrived early and although neglected to check the early check in box, were given a room immediately and on the first floor. Although the breakfast area was after the time, the woman was most helpful and provided sausages for the biscuits. Rooms are clean and pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Peru, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Over all this was a nice hotel. The guest service personel that night was very pleasant and gave me the right directions to where I needed to go that night. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and I have a habit to always inspect the room I'm assign to. This one had a few problems to it. The head board of my bed didn't look like it been dusted for awhile. The mircowave had dust on the top of it. The one thing that bothered me was the mold at the bottom of the shower curtain. Before I checked out I told the Guest Service personel but she didn't to seem to really care. Oh she told me that she would tell housekeeping but by the why she toke it I don't think it got to housekeeping. Other then this the hotel was very nice and the breakfast bar hostess was very nice. Yes i would come back for a second visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Bedding was great, room was clean. Breakfast was lackluster and coffee was cold, but both were plentiful. I understand they had beer and wine available in the lounge in the evenings during our stay.
I do not understand why the tv welcome channel was advertising Nintendo 64, a gaming system that's been obsolete for a decade. There was even a controller behind the tv!
Toiletries were not great.

• Stayed November 2012
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just got back from a seminar that was hosted at the Holiday Inn Express in New Berlin, WI. Not only was this venue very convenient to get to (right off the freeway), but they had the room perfectly set for the type of workshop we were having. All attendees needed internet access. We had over 60 attendees and had continuous access all day with no interruptions.
Kudos to Holiday Inn Express for making this happen with out any glitches.

Clean and great service to all attendees.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was the 2nd time we have stayed here in order to lend support to a family member going through heart surgery. After spending 13 hours at the hospital in Milwaukee, we came back to the hotel, too tired to stop by a restaurant for a late meal. The front desk clerk was very accomodating when we said we needed just a little something to get us by until morning. She was very kind and offered cups of yogurt for each of us. That was perfect. It soothed our stomachs and we were able to rest comfortably the rest of the night. The rooms were clean and there was nothing lacking for comfort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Berlin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee SW New Berlin
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee / Franklin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee-New Berlin? Share your experiences!