La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee SW New Berlin
$156
$138
$71
TripAdvisor
All reviewstexas roadhousemovie theatermilwaukee areawaffleshard boiled eggsroom was cleandog showquiet locationconference roomwill stay there againwalking distancenice propertyking suitefree breakfastrefrigerator and microwavehousekeeping staffmiller park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have stayed here more times than I can count on my hands and for the most part they are consistent service wise and the rooms with up to date tv's and beds are cool- I like it, so will you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I were both on business in southeast Wisconsin and chose this hotel based on its central location to our workplaces. We got a decent rate on a large suite with his company discount. The size was about the only thing positive with the room. The sofa pitched forward, making for uncomfortable lounging. Cigarette burns in the rug and whirlpool tub. Broken screen whistled in the wind all night long. The carpet wasn't installed correctly and there were wrinkles and bumps throughout the room - a trip hazard. Limited closet and drawer space for such a large room. Smelled like burnt popcorn the whole week.

Most disturbing, apparently a previous guest had a party in the room - we found bits of metallic confetti in the room, bathroom, and all the way to the elevator. Makes me think that the rooms aren't well cleaned. If visible confetti was left behind, what invisible contaminants were there? Ick.

Breakfast was also very disappointing. Unpeeled boiled eggs and a few pastries. Terrible coffee.

In fairness to the staff, we didn't complain as we were not in the room much during our week stay. However, I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express across the highway on my next New Berlin trip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel are more quiet; the back faces the interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SixthSister
Reviewed June 14, 2012

If this hotel keeps the rate low it is a good, clean, safe place to spend the night with a very good restaurant located in walking distance

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
A La Quinta traveler
Rochester, New York, USA
Reviewed May 24, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I often pick La Quintas for saving on biz or personal trips. I picked this La Quinta for a two-night stay in mid-May visiting Milwaukee for a weekend getaway with my son to catch a Brewers game. New Berlin is only a few minutes outside the city, especially on the weekend, so turned out to be a good pick for us to do things all around the city. You might feel differently with weekday traffic. However, there is no LQ in Milwaukee proper, so I chose this as a close option - which turned out great.

New Berlin features some of the nicer part of Milwaukee's suburbs, so most of the restaurant options were filled with a more upscale crowd. It's also nice and quiet, although it only takes 2 minutes to get to the highway that connects you to all parts of greater Milwaukee. There are a number of restaurant options just north of the hotel, and there is a Texas Roadhouse just across the cul-de-sac from the hotel. There also is a bank just a block south if you need to get to an ATM.

The property is pretty typical layout, decor, etc., to others in the chain. It looked fairly new and the common areas and our room were all in good condition and clean. Water pressure, which is my pet peeve, was excellent, even on the 4th floor. Parking is very easy and close.
It also has an indoor pool, which was small, but nice, and also has a decent sized jacuzzi.

Sometimes the breakfast selection varies a bit between properties. Here at New Berlin, they had it all, including hard-boiled eggs, good pastry selection and waffle machines. Seating was a little limited compared to some other properties, but still adequate for a spring weekend.

Our room was in excellent condition. Linens and bed felt newer. Bathroom was larger and better lit than the usual LQ, and spotlessly clean. The downside of LQs in general is thin, scratch towels. And they fit the norm here, but our towels were in good condition and looked and smelled very clean.

Having stayed at 8 or so La Quintas, this one is an A in the chain, in my view, and certainly a great low-cost option if a wedding or business takes you to Milwaukee or its western suburbs. And, compared to my experience with most other budget-priced hotels, this is an A+.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family