“an afternoon out...”
Review of Fresh - CLOSED

Fresh
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went with a small group around 3:30 just 4 of us at a quaint table but not too close. we made reservations because we were not sure how busy they were but it was a Tuesday just before they changed to dinner menu and the restaurant was very quiet with only one or two other parties.

so we ordered from the lunch menu. my table ordered burgers all with sweet fires (one guy didn't realize he loved them so much ) we had the black bean burger (yum) the swiss melt and i think something kinda spicy like jalapeno or some red sauce, i cant remember...

none of us were 21 so i cant comment on the drinks but the list was long enough.

our bills (mine and another got "3 citrus" cheesecake) ranged from 10-20 individually.

the atmosphere was pleasant, simple and cute little things like live plants on the tables and handkerchief napkins, they were very nice touches to the over all simplicity of bringing the local farm to the table. almost makes you feel like you are at your table at home.

1  Thank cupcakes-and-tea
There are newer reviews for Fresh

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went here for brunch. Tables are a bit small, and close together. I am 6' n struggled w/legs underneath. I had the stuffed french toast which turned out to be more like a bun dunked in egg wash, not quite cooked all the way. "Stuffed" with a tablespoon of cheese. Gf got the crab cake Benedict n the crab smelt bad. Coffees were great. Would try again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We gave Fresh a try after being teased with food photos on FB. Everything was wonderful. We had the lamb burger, beef burger, and cheese curds. We ordered the curds as an appetizer, but they came out with our meal. To make up for that, without us even saying anything, the waitress took it off our bill! That was an awesome surprise. The only negative, and it is small, is that our table was super-close to the next one, which was occupied. We had very little space on either side, which made moving around a little difficult. No biggie though. The menu is limited, and we look forward to visiting again as the menu items change.

2  Thank JLHeiny
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a new restaurant in a building where a few recent places haven't survived (big tomatoes, madhouse grill). It's a little hard to see from the road, but hopefully the building will allow them the put a sign out front so more people can see it.

It is in a vintage building, and the big bar in front and the fixtures have lots of charm. It's a relaxing environment to eat. It's between Aspen coffee and Great Harvest bread on Main street.

The food is great. The focus seems to be on local ingredients, but it isn't just vegetarian, I had a pulled lamb sandwich (from a local lamb farm) that was tasty. I was told they will be opening up nightly dinner service too, so that will be nice.

I hope people come here because I'd like to see it stick around.

2  Thank chwtom
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Overall it's your average boutique style restaurant with a focus on vegetarian, pescetarian, and vegan entrees.

Food was solid, but the portions were slightly smaller than I would have expected.

My wife and I had the salmon entree which was accompanied by asparagus and potato pancake. All of which were cooked fantastic. Just a little smaller portions than I would have expected. For dessert we had split cheese cake which was also great.

Good selection of beer and wine with great crafts beers on tap like Bell's 2 hearted ale.

I would go again in the future

3  Thank neonlime