“Not a bad place to stay at.”

Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Neenah
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is not a bad place to stay at. THe staff was very friendly and I did take a lot of photos of the facility. It is also a nice location to be right downtown Neenah. I also liked the bar and had a couple of drinks. I also enjoyed my meal. I also had a relaxing time sitting in the whirlpool. My room was on the top floor and I could get a good view of the city of Neenah. I could also see the Fox RIver at the hotel, and I also liked the large flat screen TV. I may stay here again someday if I am in the area again.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul W
Laura D, General Manager at Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you so much for the thoughtfulness of your comments. You’ve wonderfully described the atmosphere of our hotel & staff; we truly have an extraordinary team! We care a lot about our hotel; and, we care even more about treating every guest with genuine respect and hospitality. I have shared your feedback with our entire team! At the Holiday Inn Neenah Riverwalk it is your stay, your way!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

From the moment I walked in, I was greeted with a smile and a welcome feeling.
Very professional and accommodating, but the people also were such a pleasure to deal with.
The room was wonderful, the food was 5 star quality and the staff were the best you could ask for.

Room Tip: I requested a room with a refrigerator for my stay.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Laura D, General Manager at Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Not so great. Probably won't return. We went for dinner- had a good drink at the bar, after they said our table wasn't ready. We had a reservation, and we told them. I saw an empty table easily from the desk. It was set, ready to go. 15 minutes later we were seated at that exact table. There were five other empty tables, at least. Right. We ordered after a long wait. We got our salad. One half hour later the waiter came and apologized, he forgot to put our order in. So, another long wait. He did bring us another drink for free, and took 10% off the bill. Food wan't too warm when I got it. Carrots and asparagus and scallops were good. Warmer would have been nice. So a whole hour for food, on top of a 15 minute wait for a reserved table that was empty and waiting for us. Will not recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura D, General Manager at Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and concerns. I have imagined how I would feel had a similar dining experience for me or my family; and, I share your immense disappointment. Please accept my sincere apologies for an unpleasant memory and a less-than-satisfactory experience. Be assured that we are taking actions based on your stay to prevent a similar unpleasant experience for you and future guests. We recognize the importance of your business to our reputation; and, we are committed to making our guest visits exceptional--anything less is intolerable.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We usually send our out-of-town guests to this hotel since we live nearby but recently got to spend a night here ourselves. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was clean, the bathroom was spotless and the furniture seems nearly new. Pool area was very clean and the exercise area was well equipped. The bartender in the sports bar was very friendly and helpful and the appetizers were fantastic. That said, the meal at Remington's that evening was a disappointment. Some of the side dishes were cold and the main dish tasted like it was left over from the night before. Room service breakfast the next morning was mediocre but fairly inexpensive. Skip having dinner there and go across the street to some of the other restaurants in the downtown area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your loyalty and helping us to make this a great hotel, guests love! Since you are familiar with the Holiday Inn Neenah Riverwalk you must know how much pride ourselves on our service and attention to detail. Please accept my sincere apologies for an unpleasant memory and a less-than-satisfactory dining experience. There are no excuses for failing to meet your expectations. Please know we have made appropriate corrections to prevent an unpleasant experience for you and future guests. Thank you for sharing your concerns or insights, please know that I will take them seriously and 'to heart'.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

The front desk crew is terrific Ashley and Nicole always have a pleasant hello or good morning.
The Fan Club Sports Bar is a good place to relax after work. Jackie does a great job keeping the conversations and beverages flowing. I can always count on a cold frosty one waiting for me after a long day.
The breakfast, never a big hit, has gotten a lot better and the Sunday Brunch is the bargain of the year.
A good place to stay and close to Lambeau

Room Tip: Become a Platinum member and enjoy the 7th floor as an upgrade
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Laura D, General Manager at Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

You’ve wonderfully described the atmosphere of our hotel and community. We care a lot about our hotel; and, we care even more about treating every guest with genuine respect and hospitality. Sunday Brunch is very popular with our guests and the community—for the price you are unlikely to find anything else like it in the Fox Cities. I have shared your comments with Nichol, Ashley, Jackie & the entire staff! Thank you so much for the thoughtfulness of your comments; at the Holiday Inn Neenah Riverwalk it is your stay, your way!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. It is always in excellent standing. The staff is very accommodating and friendly and saw to it that my family and I had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. We will continue to use this location when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Laura D, General Manager at Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

We appreciate your loyalty and helping us to make this a great hotel, guests love! We strive to provide exceptional customer service to all guests in all departments of the hotel. Our goal is to make your experience feel like home. I have shared your feedback with our entire team, thank you! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Neenah, the trip was less than optimal. My wife found pubic hair and stains on the sheets of our bed. I complained and was given a new room and certificates for the hotel restaurant. The shower curtain in the second room was discolored and had mold on. The hotel's staff was very accommodating and is the reason this review is not lower. The hotel is nice and could be much better with a little better attention to detail when it comes to housekeeping.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Laura D, General Manager at Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Your feedback is so important to our improvement, and to how we make a great hotel, guests love. I would feel if the same if something like this happened to my own family if we, like you, arrived at our hotel only to be met with disappointment and concerns of cleanliness. Please accept my sincere apologies for an unpleasant memory and a less-than-satisfactory experience.
Please know that the Holiday Inn Neenah Riverwalk does hold itself to impeccable standards of cleanliness and service. There are no excuses for failing to meet your expectations. Be assured that we are taking actions based on your stay to prevent a similar unpleasant experience for you and future guests. We recognize the importance of your business to our reputation; and, we are committed to making our guest visits exceptional--anything less is intolerable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Neenah
Best Western Premier Bridgewood Resort Hotel
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#12 of 25 in Appleton
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall

Been to Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah? Share your experiences!