“Best margaritas!”

Zacatecas Mexican Grill & Tequila Lounge
Ranked #7 of 85 Restaurants in Neenah
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Best margaritas!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

First of all if you are looking for a delicious margarita made from fruit infused tequilas.this is the place t go. You have to try a Scratch margarita. Be warned - they taste so good you won't realize how much tequila you are drinking.
The food has been good both times we visited also. They have a unique way of displaying their specials with pictures on Ipads. Nice to see what you are ordering looks like. They also have a large standard menu you can also order from.
My husband had a scallops dish last time and it was very good from the scallops to the sauce. I had their popular shrimp fajitas which I thought lacked a little flavor but were still pretty good.
Service has always been excellent too. Love the atmosphere even with the cheesy music videos

1 Thank mrsweedo18

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Consistently excellent.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This restaurant consistently provides great food, service, and presents a great theme atmosphere.

The entire facility is ultra clean. What more could on desire? Oh yea...the fare is priced fairly.

• Visited February 2013
“This is the Fox Valley's best kept secret!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am rarely compelled to write a review, but my experience at Zacatecas was most worthy. I read the reviews before writing this one and can honestly say I am shocked by anything remotely negative. The atmosphere is very warm and clean. The staff is very friendly and professional. I was greeted at my table with an I pad that displayed photos of the featured items for the week. I found this to not only be unique but helpful in my deciding what to order. I was also presented the "traditional" menu, but after seeing the specials my choice was easy to make. I was amazed at the fresh fish options, the quality cuts of meat, and especially the flavor combinations for these dishes. I looked at the traditional menu and found everything anybody could want, but the specials were too hard to resist. Their signature margarita was amongst the best I have ever had. I chose a scallop and shrimp entree that was not only plated like a work of art, but tasted like one as well! The service was top level and my experience was nothing less than exceptional. I was referred by a coworker and am certainly glad she did. I am always suspect of "over the top" reviews...all I can say is try it for yourself and be happy that you did...I was!

Larsen,WI
“They have lost their long time customer base”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our family had been long time customers of this restaurant when we lived close by. We would often walk over for dinner to work off the meal. We moved about 15 miles out in the country a year ago and have to make an effort to go there now. We were shocked when we were seated and discovered the former traditional Mexican menu had disappeared. The place was also desserted, we were the only guests being served, that should be a clue to the management that their concept is not being accepted, the place used to be packed. Our server greated us with an iPad informing us how "fun" our ordering experience was going to be, not so much we found it a bit overbearing, one of our grandkids called it creepy. The video screen in the dining room with music video playing in a constant loop is overwhelming, particularly when the restaurant is not very full, it may be fine in the bar. Overall, the food was beautifully presented flavors were so, so. The upscale Mexican experience was not what we expected, not a place we would ever take kids again. I doubt we will be back any time soon.

Menasha, Wisconsin
“Where is the REAL Mexican food?”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Pretty disappointed with Zacatecas!

Their menu has changed a lot. "Gourmet" Mexican?!? Not sure what they are trying to go for. You serve the food in away that looks ascetically pleasing so you can charge $20 plate? LOL. Then you use plastic cups and plastic basket for chips. You bring out "salsa" that is horrible and only the red until we request the green (The red is bad the green...is really good!)

You do not offer to refill our drinks or chips without us asking. The food was seriously sub par! The "amazing" "best Margarita ever" was not good AT ALL. And it was small and expensive!

We liked the atmosphere but they had the music so loud and silly music videos playing.

We wanted to sit and chat but almost as soon as we were done they turned the music off and the lights up. Not very welcoming.

It was sort of an odd experience and honestly...there is MUCH better REAL Mexican food in the area that is HALF the price!

1 Thank bbbeaver