“"Date Night"”

Uncorked
Ranked #16 of 85 Restaurants in Neenah
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wisconsin
“"Date Night"”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I recently began to enjoy wine (maybe the last five years or so). I'm not an expert, nor do I pretend to be one, but I DO enjoy my wine! My husband isn't home much, but when he is and says "date night?" I know exactly where we are going! Uncorked!

We met another couple here (their suggestion) a few years ago and it has since become a somewhat regular stop for us. I enjoy having a flight of wine, and we can never get out of there without one of Kris' pesto pizzas. YUMMO. The staff has always been professional, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

We like the atmosphere, as it is "quiet" yet "lively" at the same time. It's a perfect place to join some friends, or just visit with your significant other. The do have live music on the wknds, but it's never overpowering. AFter a flight of wine, we walk across the street for a nice Italian meal. A perfect date night.

My husband will be home this wknd, and I assume we will be visiting Uncorked again!

• Visited March 2013

Neenah, Wisconsin
“Mmmmm! Wine!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The wine flights here are of a great variety, healthy sized pours, and are fun to try! The atmosphere is relaxing and on weekends there may be a piano player which is very cool. There are wines to purchase from their mini store and the bathrooms always have really yummy smelling soaps.

Visited April 2013
Menasha, Wisconsin
“Sour taste from lack of professionalism”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My fiance and I enjoy wine bars far more then the average person and frequent them more often when we travel as the Fox Cities is rather lacking in this category. I have longed for a nice wine bar in the valley and she suggested we try Uncorked as she had heard good things. We tried it out on a slow Monday evening around 8:00pm and I can't express how thoroughly disappointed I was at just about every turn. First I was shocked to sit at the bar and never be offered a glass of water with our wine as we ordered multiple glasses of different wines. I tend to lean towards the earthier, bolder red wines, and favor French if available, but the selection of the wine lest left much to be desired. VERY limited options, and I do understand having a small inventory at a place to keep costs down but then please try and have some variety so the customer actually has some choices instead of 3 out of the 4 wines in a section being mid-low tier wine. We could tell our bartender was new but he was dressed nicely and was very attentive. The manager unfortunately (or whoever was in charge that evening) was anything but professional or impressive. We were one of three couples at the bar that evening and she insisted on unloading the dishwasher at the bar (located in front of us) while talking on the phone with someone regarding her orders and other business matters. I understand if we want better ambiance we should sit at a table instead of the bar but when there is a total of six customers in your establishment there is absolutely no need for it to be at the bar in front of customers. When asked by the manager if I would like another glass of wine I immediately began to reply that "yes, I would like...." and that is as far as I got because as I responded one of the two other couples got up to leave and mid-sentence she walked away to say good night to them as they left. She returned a few minutes later to ask if I'd decided on a wine yet. As someone who has managed two fine dining restaurants I understand the importance of regulars, but this staff needs far better training and establishing new regulars as we live within 10 minutes of Uncorked. Lastly, I understand there are slow evenings but please don't pull out clipboards filled with papers and do your bar inventory with your shirt untucked while my fiance and I are trying to enjoy an evening of wine after a long weekend of working, rather kills the ambiance you go for in a wine bar. I read that the local patrons seem to favor this place and have left great reviews so I will reluctantly gives this place another shot but as someone who truly enjoys wine bars I could not let such an off night go unheard.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Poissonier
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Love This Place”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Kris and the staff really know how how to take care of the customers. While the food menu is limited in the number of items, the quality and flavor of the items is great.

The staff is very attentive to our needs!

Apleton
“Good place to come unwind”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This place has a pretty extensive list of wines and staff is very knowledgable and happy to help you pick something out. This place is very quite, dark-lit and conveniently located. Good place to bring business partners for a drink or two.

Visited August 2012

Been to Uncorked? Share your experiences!