“Good food”

Cuisines: European
Mauston, Wisconsin, United States
“Good food”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have eaten at the Buckhorn Cafe several times! Steak and ribs are out of this world! Waitstaff always very friendly and prompt! Don't eat the steak sandwich as it is cut up meat in a bun! Biggest downfall I've ever noticed is there were no dinner rolls served with the dinners and I love bread with my meal although last night they did serve them! If I'd have known this I would have ordered the ribs! One thing for sure if you want good food eat there but if you're in a hurry go to a fastfood place! Food is all cooked fresh per order and can be a long wait! Overall it is well worth it in the end!!

• Visited August 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Best meal we had during our long weekend at Castle Rock. The restaurant has a small kitchen so be prepared to wait a while for your food. All of the food was hot and fresh. The waitstaff was very inviting.

Visited August 2013
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Recently Buckhorn Cafe was our scheduled lunch stop on a car ride. We had around 40 people in attendance. We originally had the outside tables reserved but due to a huge rainstorm as we arrived were forced to move inside. The staff did everything they could to try and accommodate us. Some of the service was slow but due to the storm was expected. The food was fantastic! A few of us had the Pig Roast while others ate off the menu. The pork was excellent as they sliced it and served it directly off the smoker. Pricing and portions were very good. I would return again in the future.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank pier-c1
Beloit, Wisconsin
“When I visit Nacedah, I will visit Buckhorn albeit nervously.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I are big breakfast eaters. We asked several of the locals where to go and Buckhorn Cafe was always mentioned, maybe because there a few places in the area. The drive there is gorgeous and the small building appears to be authentic log building with a hewn interior. It turned out to be a very pleasant experience. When we ordered they brought us each a pot of coffee. The reason is, if you order something good, it is going to take a while because they cook everything fresh. You are not going in to grab a quick bite here. The waitress was a cute young blond and very good. She enthusiastically answered our questions about the food. We had potato and cheese pirogi's with eggs and a mountain of potatoes. The pirogi's were almost like the ones I ate many years ago that my friend's mother would make for us. The only thing that bothered me was a sign outside the door that forbid firearms in the establishment. Where I come from that is an advertising for the criminal element to ply his deeds. My momma always told me, never tell a stranger your dog doesn't bite.

• Visited July 2013
Iowa
“Great food and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The steaks and ribs on the grill are great as well as the whole hogs on special days. Lots of different selections of beers also. Volleyball and firepits outside, as well as seating outside also.

Visited April 2013