“When I visit Nacedah, I will visit Buckhorn albeit nervously.”
Review of Buckhorn Cafe - CLOSED

Buckhorn Cafe
Cuisines: European
Beloit, Wisconsin
“When I visit Nacedah, I will visit Buckhorn albeit nervously.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I are big breakfast eaters. We asked several of the locals where to go and Buckhorn Cafe was always mentioned, maybe because there a few places in the area. The drive there is gorgeous and the small building appears to be authentic log building with a hewn interior. It turned out to be a very pleasant experience. When we ordered they brought us each a pot of coffee. The reason is, if you order something good, it is going to take a while because they cook everything fresh. You are not going in to grab a quick bite here. The waitress was a cute young blond and very good. She enthusiastically answered our questions about the food. We had potato and cheese pirogi's with eggs and a mountain of potatoes. The pirogi's were almost like the ones I ate many years ago that my friend's mother would make for us. The only thing that bothered me was a sign outside the door that forbid firearms in the establishment. Where I come from that is an advertising for the criminal element to ply his deeds. My momma always told me, never tell a stranger your dog doesn't bite.

• Visited July 2013

Iowa
“Great food and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The steaks and ribs on the grill are great as well as the whole hogs on special days. Lots of different selections of beers also. Volleyball and firepits outside, as well as seating outside also.

Visited April 2013
Mauston, Wisconsin
“Off the beaten track !!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was whisked out of town for my Birthday...To the Buckhorn Cafe..What a nice surprise, the food was very good. I had a really tasty Mushroom soup, it had pasta in it, which was not necessary, the soup would have been just as good without it. Better I think.!!! And the special for Thursday night was all-you-can-eat BBQ ribs. They are wonderful, I could not eat more than one serving.The sauce is served on the side, and that is great, as I do not like ribs swimming in sauce.
My friend had the shrimp, they were also great.
Will go back. There are other special, every night of the week....
Give it a try...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank saraWisconsin
New Lisbon, WI
“Wish I'd found this place sooner...”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a little bar/restaurant in the country that features Polish and American food. The quality of their food and service are excellent and the atmosphere is casual and friendly. On Sunday mornings--at least in the summer--they have a pig roast starting at 9 AM til it's gone. They have their grill going year round, but not every day. Then they have it going you can order steaks by the ounce. They have ample outside seating behind the restaurant which is nice in summer weather. Ask the server for her recommendations for the specials. I've never gotten a bad tip. Prices are reasonable.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank TinaCH
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Service”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Food is great but service is horrible, Jerry should look into hiring some friendlier staff. We got there and sat for at least 15mins before anyone even came up, the waitress was ignoring to make eye contact the whole time. When she finally made it by gave us our menus didn't even ask what we wanted to drink, funny part was they came with out meal a half hour later! Really rude really bad experience for such a small place. Maybe it was because we weren't locals...

• Visited January 2013