“This place "feels" authentic”
Review of Antigua Real

Antigua Real
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Mukwonago
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish, Guatemalan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times, and our experience has always been good. The decor is sort of a Mediterranean theme with some unique art, masks, and pottery scattered around the restaurant. We almost always get good and fast service, even when they get busy on the weekends. The menu is what we really love the most. It's not just Mexican food. They serve food from many Mediterranean countries, and the menu tells what country they are from.

The bar area seems like a good place to get a quick bite or enjoy a drink. They even have a little gift shop with authentic hand made looking items.

They appear to have outdoor seating, although we have never sat out there.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited for lunch at moon on a Friday. Had to wait a couple of minutes for hostess/bartender/waitress to get off of the phone. I was immediately impressed by the decor and atmosphere although I will never understand why you are seated next to the only other table in the place when it is otherwise empty. The food was delicious, portions were not overwhelming. Chips and salsa are good although I heard the man next to us complain about how spicy they were. Could not find anyone to pay the bill to, so walked around the empty restaurant until d someone came out. I would dine here again, but hope they would improve their customer service.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family and I love eating at Antigua Real, a soon as you walk in, you can indulge in the fresh smell of aromatic herbs and spices used to prepared the different types of latin cousine. the servers are friendly and prompt. love this place.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I really hate to say it but I wasn’t that impressed with this restaurant, nor the quality of the food. The food was just OK. I would definitely not say that this was authentic nor would I recommend this restaurant to anyone. I had higher hopes for this location, but unfortunately they fell really short.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went because I had a Groupon but I won't go out of my way to go back. We ordered appetizers and although they were good they weren't off the wall fantastic A few of the bartenders lacked customer service skills.

Been to Antigua Real? Share your experiences!