“Totally refused to accomodate Red Hatters”
Review of Fork In The Road

Fork In The Road
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Mukwonago
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The village hang out, where neighbors meet new friends. Casual American cuisine, homemade soups, awesome sandwiches, fish and BBQ.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I don't care how good their food is or how friendly their staff, I will never step foot in their restaurant again. It was my turn to plan the monthly outing for my Red Hat group. We were to ride the Electric Train that runs between East Toy and Mukwonago and then have lunch at The Fork in the Road restaurant. I notified the restaurant a month in advance to prepare for a group of fun-loving ladies on a Friday afternoon for lunch. I made the initial reservation for at least 10 people with a promise to get them a more accurate count closer to the date. When I called on Monday to let them know that there would now be 16 of us for lunch on Friday, I was told that they could not accommodate that large of a group at the time I requested. I reminded them of my previous reservation with the promise of an actual count to no avail. I believe it was the owner that I talked to. He was very rude and absolutely refused to accommodate us. I was devastated. I then had to find another restaurant that would accommodate 16 women, and then make phone calls to all those women to let them know about the change in plans. It was so disappointing because some of the women were coming just to have lunch at The Fork in the Road restaurant. It makes me sad because I did like going there on occasion, and maybe some day I'll go back?? But for now I hope this business does take a hit because when you're in the restaurant business it's your job to ACCOMMODATE!!!
Just an FYI - The Dockside Grog and Galley not only accommodated 16 Red Hatters, but made our dining experience fun and the food was great.

5  Thank Janet M
MrFork, Owner at Fork In The Road, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Yes Janet it was the owner and I'm sorry you thought I was rude, but I wish that you would have told the whole story. That you also wanted to change your time from 2:00PM to 1PM, I know this is not your problem but I would have to not sit and entire section 30 to 45 minutes before you could have been here If you would have stayed at your 2:00PM time we would have done everything we could, but at 1:00PM there is no way to serve that size of a group. I have not and I will not take large parties at our lunch hour unless they can come in by 11:30 am. at the latest or after 2:00. pm.

I'm happy Dockside was able to serve your group. They are a very nice operation.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Great food with just the right amount of flavor. The staff is very friendly. All this together makes a great place. I would highly recommend it if your in the area.

Jennie L, thank you for your kind words, it's always nice to read comments like your.

Have a nice one,

Dennis

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

If u go on a weekend expect a long wait, but the food is delicious and worth the wait! They also have really awesome flavors of martinis!

Beth, thank you for taking the time and writing such kind words, I very sorry that it took so long for me to say thanks.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Dennis

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here and tried their new brisket sandwich. The sandwich itself wasn't bad, I prefer a little more smoke, but it was good. The fries were great as well.

The staff here are second to none! Nearly every person said hello, thank you, and were smiling. It didn't seem forced either, really great. My meal also arrived very quickly so kudos on a great experience.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Been here numerous times food and service is always great. The fried cheese appetizer is the best. The knife and fork club sandwich never disappoints. The last time I was there the French onion soup was missing something and was very bland. The waitress promptly went to the kitchen to try it after I told her and she came back and agreed something was not right and removed it from our bill. It was very nice! Great place.

MrFork, Owner at Fork In The Road, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Jhall - Thank you for you comments. Always Good is Always Nice To Hear!!!! I'm glad my server took care of you when you onion soup did not come out the way it should have, next time I hope we get it right the first time.

Thanks Again,

Dennis Stevens

Been to Fork In The Road? Share your experiences!