“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mukwonago
London
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We got to this place late PM its sort of in the middle of no ware but we needed a bed, stayed over night could not believe the place was empty. Nice and clean and had just had a total refit. Brakfast was the standard do it yourself, but still good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Union City, Michigan
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is now called Rodeway Inn. My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights with our 20yr old daughter to attend a wedding shower. The only reason we choose this place was because it was the ONLY hotel in Mukwonago. This place is a rip off! Drive a little further and stay somewhere else!The hotel manager charged us 10 dollars extra per night for having our daughter in our room with us, and then charged us 6 dollars each for the 2 guests that we had at the hotel to swim in their pool! UNREAL!

The hotel was digusting and outdated. There was an inch of dust on the headboard of the beds, dust on the coffee pot, desk, and TV,Mold around the shower door, the carpet felt damp and smelled moldy, and the tiolet ran constantly until you jiggled the handle. The heating cooling unit did not work right. It was either way to hot, or way to cold. The whole property was just plan creepy! I felt like I was in a horror movie. It was definitely a horror hotel!!

Room Tip: get a room someplace else!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mukwonago hotels

Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This actually happened some years ago- I would guess in approximately 2003. I was not aware of TripAdvisor's existence at that time, but after having just looked this place up here on TA, it would appear that they have not made any efforts to change their stripes. In light of that, I feel it's appropriate for me to write up the unbelievable experience we had at this awful hotel.

We were in the area for the Ozzfest concert festival. First off, these guys certainly are well aware of how little competition they have in the immediate area of Alpine Valley, as they consistently gouge excessively on room rates when big concerts are going on.

After a long, hot day and night at Ozzfest (which was great), we arrived at the hotel looking forward to some R & R, big time. As we walked in the front doors, we noticed that they were propped open and there were a few police officers around. We figured.. well, it's a post-Ozzfest crowd, people may well be intoxicated.. somebody's probably getting arrested for some reason. Not the greatest thing, but it happens.

We checked in, and headed to our second-floor room.. as we walked thru the hallways to get there, we thought we noticed an odd, acrid odor. We were too tired to really care at this point, so we got to our room, got pajama-ed up, and prepared to hit the hay.

We were in our room for maybe 20 minutes when we had a knock at the door. It was a cop, telling us that the hotel was being evacuated due to a chemical spill of some kind. As we headed back out, we noticed the smell was much stronger, and felt a little bit of burning in the throat and lungs.

So, we stood around outside.. and as it got later and later, it got quite cold.. it was late summer in Wisconsin. Very cold and misty. Not many of the evacuated people were prepared for that, as we didn't really know what was going on when we were all herded out. The fire department (who had arrived by this time), passed out cotton sheets for people to wrap up in; they were not allowing anyone to reenter, as they had not yet determined the source of the problem. We were all eventually taken over to a nearby Taco Bell (the only place in the vicinity that was open), where we sat for HOURS. A fireman finally came and let us know that there had been some kind of toxic chemical spill in the hotel's laundry area, but that the building had been cleared and we could return to our rooms.

As we reentered the hotel, some guy who I would presume was the owner was there telling everyone that checkout time was an hour later than usual because of the inconvenience. Being too exhausted to make any further inquiries at this point, we went back to our room. It was approximately 4:30 am by this time.

The next morning as we prepared to leave, I figured the hotel would most certainly give us some kind of discount on their excessive rate for the night, since we were clearly hugely inconvenienced by something that was within their control. I was incredibly shocked that all I got at the front desk was a solid "NO", and reminder about how wonderful they had been to us by allowing us to check out an hour late. For real. There were other guests at the desk at the same time that were making the exact same request we were, who were (understandably) pretty loud in their displeasure at being denied any sort of discount. We were so sick of and disgusted by this whole situation that we just left. We didn't even have the energy or desire to haggle over it. We just felt happy that the whole ridiculous experience was over.

However.. it wasn't over! A couple of weeks later, we received a letter from the local owner of the hotel, apologizing for the inconvenience and stating that the letter was good for one free night's stay in that hotel. We figured.. yeah, like we'd really stay there again, BUT we did appreciate that they at least made some sort of effort at recompense.

But that's STILL not the end of the story! A couple of months later, we received ANOTHER letter from the local owner, saying.. nevermind that other letter, we're not giving you any free night's stay, forget about it, you get nothing! I wish I were joking about this, but I'm not.. this really happened.

So at this point, we were MAD. What is wrong with these people? I contacted Sleep Inn's corporate customer service, and when I mentioned the location, she knew exactly what I was talking about.. they had had a HUGE number of complaints about this exact incident (unsurprisingly). Without my even asking her to do so, she refunded the TOTAL cost of the night’s stay to us. She said that was what they were doing for everyone that had contacted them about this situation, as it was so outrageously out of order. She also said that Sleep Inn’s corporate end was looking into pulling this location’s franchise rights.. sorry to see that it doesn’t appear to have happened.

So, to summarize… right, do NOT stay at this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank WiscoVacay
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

My dad spent several nights at the sleep inn in mukwonago, wi. The staff was very nice to him and made his stay very enjoyable. My dad's stay was due to an emergency situation and the employees at the sleep inn helped to make things easier for us with their great customer service. The room was very clean and I would use that very same hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Sue M
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed July 5, 2012

They have an absurd cancellation policy, which is a month out. It's overpriced, at $300 a night. The manager was completely unreasonable. I stayed in Lake Geneva at the Grand Geneva for less and had an amazing time. Do not stay here at all!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Icculus303
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Called to rent a block of rooms for an upcoming wedding. This place wanted to charge me $250 for each room. Are you kidding? I've stayed her before when I lost power in my house and this joint isn't worth $50, much less $250. BTW, the tv didn't work in the room I did stay at and the pool was freezing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Terry B
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was recently asked by my employer to make a last minute stop across the state to pick up a new hire and start his training process. I hand't planned on staying in a hotel that night but I was about 2 hours from home and with it being a third shift job, we didn't get done until 4:30 - 5:00 AM. Regardless, when we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly woman who agreed to honor an online business rate (from choicehotels.com) even though we hadn't made reservations through the website, or made a reservation at all for that matter. We asked if there was a 24 hour diner somewhere in the area, as continental breakfast was 1 hour away. She said that she couldn't think of any but not to worry if we were hungry she could start setting out the breakfast early for us. We walked over to the breakfast area and proceeded to receive better service than most sit down restaurants. She asked if we would like some milk, asked if we knew what we wanted off their usual spread and proceeded to take out what we asked for before proceeding with the rest of the breakfast preparation ritual. We ended up booking 2 nights so we could sleep through the checkout time, woke up refreshed and ready for another long night of work. I would DEFINITELY stay here again. It's close enough to the city for an easy commute but far enough away that we didn't have to be stressed about all the city traffic and people. Mostly, we would stay here again for the first class service.

Room Tip: AC is a bit noisy at first. give it an hour or so to catch up to whatever temp you set it to and it...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukwonago
Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Burlington
Hampton Inn Burlington
#1 of 3 in Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee-New Berlin

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!