“Great stop on the Wisconsin Winery Co-op Trail!”
Review of Fisher King Winery - MOVED

Fisher King Winery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Fisher King Winery has moved to a new, larger facility in Verona Wisconsin! Get a fresh perspective on the fruit of the wine with a visit to Fisher King Winery. Legend has it that the Fisher King was tasked with keeping ancient relics securely hidden and cherished, so it's only fitting that Fisher King Winery strives to be the holy grail of Midwestern wineries. Our mission is to source fine grapes able to withstand Wisconsin's weather patterns and then ferment them on-site into complex, hand-crafted vintages packed with unique flavor profiles. ​Indulge in wines ranging from sweet whites to dry complex reds, all while relaxing in our comfortable Tasting Room. Just minutes from downtown Madison, Fisher King Winery is sure to make your next outing one for the history books.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

A girlfriend & I have decided to do the Wisc. Co-op Winery Trail & this stop is a MUST do! The owner was our server & gave us a wonderful overview of why the Wisc Winery Co-op was started & how it benefits small Wisc. Winery's. We enjoyed 5 tastings each & had a cheese & sausage platter to snack on. I was impressed that he usually carries gluten free crackers, but was out the day we visited... My favorite was Meadow Song, a 2013 American Sweet Moscato! I bought a bottle, but it didn't last long, we drank it that night! I guess it will be a good excuse to return! They are right on Main St. in downtown Mt. Horeb. They have live music on Fridays from 7-9pm. Cheers!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have done wine tasting at this winery in the past. This time, however, we went on a Friday night and was surprised by a very talented and enjoyable 3-piece band. Also, Fisher King has improved on their wine selection. I don't care much for the sweeter wines - at my first visits to this winery shop, it seemed like the majority of the wines were on the sweeter side. This time, however, I sampled quite a few drier wines and did end up buying a few bottles to take home. Very enjoyable visit.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My son, my sister & I did a Mother's Day wine tasting. Was pleasantly surprised to find them open, as it was a "holiday". The amiable gal behind the counter made it a pleasant stop. We did the $5 - 5 wine flight. Of the 5 I tasted, I'd buy their Chalice Pinot Noir, their Cabernet, their Breakneck Red Chabourcin & their Blueberry specialty wine. The only one I didn't care as much for was their Bountiful red. Not bad if I liked 4 out of 5 tastings. Will try their whites the next time I'm in town. It's a fun little stop with much more to offer than what we tried that day

Reviewed September 4, 2013

A good combination! Where else can you see Trolls made out of wood and visit a winery that has tastings? Mt. Horeb is the only place I know of. We enjoyed a Flight of 5 wines ($5) like, Blue Rapture (my favorite), White Whisper, Chalice Risling and Amber Dreams as well as the Classic Cheese Sampler (5 kinds of cheese, a spread and crackers). They have other cheese, sausage, baguettes and truffle sampler platters too. You can't go to Mt. Horeb without stopping here!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had researched wineries in the southwestern Wisconsin and this was on the list. We took the 5 for $5 wine flight and all four of us enjoyed every wine we tasted. I like that they use locally grown grapes for the most part. We didn't go here to eat and honestly didn't see any food beyond the usual chocolate chips and cheeses (also very good) to clean the palate. We were able to get a seat but by the time we left, it was packed. We found out later that there was an anniversary of some sort. There were singers and guitar players and although the music was great it was a bit loud. There is no need for amplifiers in that small of a space. Definitely worth a return trip.