“what a dump”

Dining options: Reservations
Saint Francis, Wisconsin
“what a dump”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I read other reviews on other sites about the terrible service at this restaurant. Some of the reviews were pretty old, so i let friends talk me into going. It was the only place in Mount Horeb that had immediate seating on a Friday night. That was a sign. Wrong drinks, wrong food and it took 4 wait staff about 15 minutes to figure out the math of splitting a bill. The plumbing in the restrooms wasn't functioning properly and the faucet was nearly falling off the sink. The place was filthy and worn down. The chow, at least the stuff that was completely cooked, was barely average. Do what you want, but I'll never go back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Brian O

Wisconsin
“Authentic Italian Ristorante”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great menu and terrific food. This restaurant is a great place for an authentic Sicilian meal with a wide variety of items, good service, and very affordable prices. Their garlic cheese bread is a must have item.

• Visited September 2013
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
“Great Sicilian Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you are in the mood for great Sicilian food, Sole e Sapori is the restaurant for you. Lots of menu choices and friendly service is what you can expect.

• Visited June 2013
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
“Bad Night”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I don't know what has happened, but there was no service and we came in at 5:45 pm. No one to greet us, finally a young lady with no personality checked on us and led us to a seat. She did not send a waitress, so 15 min later we called one over. She was new, of course, and didn't have any idea on how to serve, get orders or anything. We ordered all the food and drinks at once in hopes of getting out quickly. We ordered spaghetti and meatballs ( a dip up meal) and yet no food for another 15 min, no drinks and no water. We finally had the salad, no bread, no drinks. Then the drinks came and later our meal. We didn't leave until 7:30pm and had to go to the bar ourselves to pay the order. The food was average. They had a couple of big parties, but that is no excuse to leave your regular customers in the lurch. If they can't handle both, shut down the general service. I live in town and I would always go there for special occasions, but it is so sad how the service has fallen apart, it will be long time before I return.

• Visited September 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“The worst service EVER! - Guard your credit card!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I used to live in Mt. Horeb and rarely if ever visited Sole e Sapori. I was visiting family nearby last month and my mother and I decided to head over there for dinner. As the Pretty Woman quote goes "BIG mistake...HUGE". Our server was a teenager who admitted he was very new. I initially cut him some slack but that soon became impossible to do. He knew nothing of the menu (except the salad dressings) and despite being his only table at first and one of only a handful of tables in the whole place our food took FOREVER to come out. Ok, so he can't control the kitchen - again, cutting some slack. We both ordered the sampler platter and it was just ok - I ordered the meat ravioli and I think it had been frozen - grey and watery. After an enormously long wait we flagged down our server for dessert. Tiramisu was good but nothing wow. At this point we had been there well over an hour and wanted our bill. At this point our waiter had another table and that is where he REALLY fell down on the job. I finally flagged him down and said we were in a hurry and wanted our check. I watched him go to the kitchen at least 2-3 times for the other table and still no check. I get up to find him again and meet him halfway with the check. I give him my credit card and again another 5+ minute disappearing act. After almost another 10 minutes I go to find him again. He tells me my credit card is at the bar. I think ok, bartender has it. Go to get and find bar completely unmanned and credit card and bill laying on the bar. At this point I am beyond mad but the only people working seem to be our teenage waiter and another young waitress who was pregnant and appeared completely disinterested in being there so I didn't bother trying to find a manager. After spending over $60 on drinks, dinner and dessert I will NEVER spend another penny in this place. Now I realize why I rarely ever went there during the 15 years I lived in town. Not sure how they stay in business!!!

• Visited August 2013