“Amazing pretzel and burger”

Grumpy Troll Pub & Brewery
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Mount Horeb
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Local Brewery featuring 12 of our own beers on tap and many award winning. Many local food offerings and full bar. Daily specials include Friday FishFry and Sat Prime Rib. 2Nd floor is home to Pizzeria and full bar with many large screens for the games.
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Whoa- do your whole table a favor and get the Uft Da pretzel. So good to share and get things started in a Nordic way. The Trailside wheat is light and crisp for the summer. I had a cheese curd burger since clearly I haven't had enough cheese in Wisconsin yet. Great burger! Goes well with the Grump Chips which are full of flavor.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our waiter was one of the best we have had anywhere,,the walleye sandwich we shared was very good and the fried cheese curds were good,,my wife likes them more than me. The beer was good but to me not as good as a couple of other places we visited. Worth the stop in this small town, they have trolls all over town carved out of tree stumps.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This restaurant was recommend to us by the gal at the visitor center. The food was great. We sat outside. The tables had huge umbrellas which came in handy when a small rain shower passed. The cheese soup was made with real cheese and my friend said her rueban was the best she ever had.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The beers are good and the brats are good as well. The staff is busy but helpful. I visited several years ago and was anxious to return. As good as I remembered. Well worth the short trip from Madison

2  Thank sbj04769
Reviewed August 5, 2014

LOVED the Grumpy burger (best bacon-cheese burger on the planet), Grumpy chips, and the beer sampler which allowed us to taste Captain Fred, Grumpy Crik, Wee Curly and a Hoppa Loppa, only 4 of the 12 beers brewed on-site. Also enjoyed the atmosphere, and the friendly hostess and wait staff (Sandy D, you were wonderful!). And while the wait was rather short, we amused ourselves playing trivial pursuit from a stack of cards in our booth. I would go back to this place in a heart beat.