“Beer cheese soup was VERY good”

Grumpy Troll Pub & Brewery
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Mount Horeb
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Local Brewery featuring 12 of our own beers on tap and many award winning. Many local food offerings and full bar. Daily specials include Friday FishFry and Sat Prime Rib. 2Nd floor is home to Pizzeria and full bar with many large screens for the games.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I stopped here on our way home from a trip and had lunch. The bar tender and other staff were very friendly. The beer cheese soup was very good. Lots of texture and flavor. The sandwiches were also good. We did do a beer sampler, but didn't notice that it was $1 per sample until we saw a menu. Had we have seen that or told by the staff, we would have left off the hoppy beers. Most of the beers were good, but the growler prices we thought were a little steep. Over all though, a very nice stop.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We really enjoyed our burgers, house made root beer, and their 1.5 pound pretzel appetizer. The restaurant is clean and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We ended up at the Grumpy Troll on a whim after being told that the beer was good. We were not disappointed. Great beer and good food. I had the jerk chicken sandwich, which was good but had very little "jerk" flavor. My husband had the brat, which was very good. Beware the beer mustard, however which had a fair amount of horse radish and had my husband's eyes watering. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were visiting family in Plattville and made a quick daytrip to Dodgeville and Mt. Horeb. I found the Grumpy Troll online and thought it looked like a good place to try to lunch. I'm very glad we stopped in! The service was great and the food was wonderful. Four of the six people had Grumpy Troll burgers and were very happy with their choice. The beer cheese soup was a good choice as well.
My husband enjoyed the beer he chose, but the rest of the party went with their homemade rootbeer. It is a must have!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Mount Horeb is a cute small town and it wouldn't be the same without Grumpy Troll. Get the sampler and try all the fun things they making. Upstairs is now a pizzeria with another bar and more table space. Would be a good spot for family dinners. Always worth the trip to see the trolls of Mount Horeb and taste the delicious beer from Grumpy Troll!