“Good food!”

Grumpy Troll Pub & Brewery
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Mount Horeb
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Local Brewery featuring 12 of our own beers on tap and many award winning. Many local food offerings and full bar. Daily specials include Friday FishFry and Sat Prime Rib. 2Nd floor is home to Pizzeria and full bar with many large screens for the games.
Linden, WI
“Good food!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is a good place to eat when you are in Mt. Horeb. Good food and plenty of it. Friendly staff, too. I'd highly recommend it!

Visited March 2012

Hephzibah, Georgia
“First visit to a remarkable place”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was very impressed - the food - terrific and I have to admit I don't recall what I had, it was good I know that. The reason I don't know is that I was totally surprised by the super size pretzel and I mean supersize that was served prior to the regular meal. I come from Munich and pretzels are common there - but nothing like that! It tasted just as good as any pretzel in Germany and all of us (make that four adults) enjoyed eating it with the dip that was served.
And the beer!! I personally do not drink beer (I know - shame on me, coming from Munich and no beer?) but I was amazed how many varieties they had to offer and samples were brought to the customers that requested a certain named beer - not just one but whatever samples beyond and they brew it all!
I was really impressed with everything and only wish I could experience such a wonderful day again - but Wisconsin is a long way from home. Good luck to the Grumpy Troll Pub and Brewery and thank you for my memories!!

• Visited August 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Burger and a Brew”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our party of six arrived about 1:00 PM on a Saturday and waited about 30 minutes for a table. A good selection of in-house brews and one winner from a home-brew competition all got good reviews from our group. We tried the fried cheese curds as a starter and enjoyed them. We had a variety of options off the menu--the Grumpy Burger, a Rubin, the Brat, the half-sandwich and soup option. There were no compaints. The food was tasty, the servings large, and the service appropriately attentive.

• Visited November 2012
Pendleton, Indiana
“The burger was good, the decor was very nice”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The building is a multilevel location with brew pub on the first level and a pizza restaurant on the top floor.
We all got burgers that were delicious. Nothing spectacular but definately tasty.
They brew their own beer which all were of high quality.
If you are a Packers fan you can watch the game in their Pizza section.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank JoelSallee
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wish we had a restaurant like this in my town!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice selection of food, everything we ordered was very good. The menu had a nice selection of bugers, sandwiches, salads, full dinners and munchies. We weren't beer drinkers, but with all the local brews I would think beer drinkers would be happy. The waitress (Amy) really made our visit outstanding though. We were a group of 4 that hadn't gotten together in a very long time. She was great with the table banter and not rushing us. She was there when we wanted her and gone when we didn't. When I get to Mt Horeb I'll definately make a point of stopping here. Really wish my town had this restaurant....

• Visited October 2012