“Great atmosphere and the food is very good.”

Pinewood Supper Club
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Mosinee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Pinewood Supper Club is located on the shores of beautiful Half Moon Lake. The oldest section of the building dates back to the early 1900's. The original stone fireplace dominates the dining room. Original thick pine planks and huge beams crossing the ceiling give the dining area an authentic northwood's ambiance. Pinewood is family owned and operated. We have been serving the greater central Wisconsin area for the past 44 years. We have always set a high level of excellence for you at the Pinewood and have always strived to provide a courteous and professional staff to serve you. All soups, sauces and salad dressings are made in house. All entrees are individually crafted from the finest fresh ingredients available. We strive to make each dining experience truly memorable.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I have been going to Pinewood Restaurant for over 20 years. It is one of our favorite special occasion restaurants. The atmosphere is nice for the area and the service is always wonderful.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was invited to go to PInewood Supper Club by some friends from the area. We arrived on a Friday night to a very crowded parking lot. Luckily we were able to secure a spot up close to the door.

The wait for a table was around 45 minutes, but only 10 minutes to be seated in the lounge. We opted for the lounge, but made our way to the bar in the mean time. I ordered a Lemon Drop. I was not a fan because it tasted like the glass had been cleaned with lemon pledge. It was not good.

We were seated in the lounge area. I would recommend sitting here if the dinning room has a wait, as it was a very nice area. I saw the unexpected when I opened the menu, Gator Balls. A mixture of alligator that was deep fried. I promptly ordered them because none of the people I was with had ever tasted Gator Balls. They were delicious and I think everyone at the table enjoyed the taste.

I ordered the clam chowder and Prime Steak (8oz). The clam chowder was delicious. The steak was flavorless. I wasn't a big fan of the steak. The mushrooms that came with the steak were delicious.

The others in my group really enjoyed their fish. I would go back again, just wouldn't get the steak.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Good food, but they could update their menu more often. Too much fried food or dripping in butter. How about a few more "healthy" choices. Great atmosphere and views, and Joan is a great hostess!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Pinewood is a reliable place, for a nice evening out, with a very good meal and a bartender that can mix together whatever you may call out. Bon appetite!

1  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'm not a big fan of the food. I've visited a few times and the food was undercooked. Most people give good reviews to this place and I've only heard In person one other disgruntled person mention their experience to me. I had fettuccini once there, and it wasn't very flavorful, and it was kind of runny.