“Best Trout ever”

Dining options: Reservations
Montrose, California
“Best Trout ever”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great selection of craft draft beers and fresh trout. Stopped here because it
was across from our hotel.

What a find - we had no reservations but the beers made short wait
worthwhile.

The owner personally prepared the fish at the table. They should really charge
an entertainment fee.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank GalenaEd

Freeport, IL
“Nice little restaurant”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I saw this restaurant as I drove through Monroe and was so tickled by the name I put going there on my list for the next time I was in Monroe. And I am glad that I did. We went for a late lunch and I had a Portabella Mushroom Sandwich that was excellent. The service was very good and I plan to go back and try some of the other menu choices.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Candace C
Chicago, Illinois
“Unexpected Food and Service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to dinner here with some co-workers and a client. Very friendly and unassuming service. Great steak, nice wine list and good beer selection.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rob_Chicago_2010
Lena
“Interesting experience”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our third time to this restaurant in a month but feel we cannot return. Summer was our waitress and pleasant personality. My husband ordered salmon with roesti potatoes. Food was good but he had to ask where his potatoes were; Summer said she'd check and came back and said they forgot to do them but they would be out soon. He said forget them and she said, well, they come with the meal. She brought them when we were TOTALLY finished and he said take them back. They did comp a glass of cabernet but no apology. Really? Music was too loud. With the competitive price points in this market, the consumer needs to take the entire package into consideration. We brought friends who were thinking of having an anniversary party group at this restaurant. They changed their minds.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Kathy C
Freeport, Illinois
“Upscale for Monroe with great food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great bar with wonderful selection and very friendly and attentive bar tenders and waiters. The food is excellent, the trout and steaks are delicious. The portion size is almost too much, but the price is reasonable.

• Visited July 2013